JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No reloading this week, but I have been organizing. I've had brass scattered in odds and ends containers shoved wherever I could find a spot. I'm moving some of my stock to a dedicated shelf.

I got one of those IKEA wire shelves to make a brass storage center. Actually, since you only get three shelves in the set, I purchased 4 sets and have stashed the extra poles in the shed in case I ever have use for them. The price has gone up a bit and I could have built a similar shelf from wood for cheaper ... but I'm short on time right now.

I spaced the shelves so that a Sterilite brand plastic shoe box w/ lid will just slip into place minimizing wasted space. You can get these boxes at Bi-Mart for 66 cents when on sale.

View attachment 1089637
Giving you a "like" is not enough. I wish there was a "WOW!" button.

No reloading this week, but I have been organizing. I've had brass scattered in odds and ends containers shoved wherever I could find a spot. I'm moving some of my stock to a dedicated shelf.

I got one of those IKEA wire shelves to make a brass storage center. Actually, since you only get three shelves in the set, I purchased 4 sets and have stashed the extra poles in the shed in case I ever have use for them. The price has gone up a bit and I could have built a similar shelf from wood for cheaper ... but I'm short on time right now.

I spaced the shelves so that a Sterilite brand plastic shoe box w/ lid will just slip into place minimizing wasted space. You can get these boxes at Bi-Mart for 66 cents when on sale.

View attachment 1089637
I like your 3rd row from the bottom!!!

I was looking at my L.E. Wilson trimmer that no one wanted in the classifieds and decided to take it for a test drive on a couple hundred (435) 300BLK cases I had sitting around. It is very precise and sharp, it only took 4 cases to dial it in to a perfect length of 1.358"... :D
I still had to chamfer the inside edges but many did not even need to be deburred on the outside edge. I may just get the Giraud tri-way trimmer to save time and my sore hands...:oops:

What's the weight limit on those carts? :s0092:
If I was to use those type of racks (which I did for a while), I got rid of the plastic feet with all the hundreds of pounds of weight I had on them.
I had 4) 20 mm ammo cans for brass on the bottom row, it was really heavy.

D9F38055-FFA9-417C-8A7B-76E9C2DC658D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Now you tell me ... after I have it bolted to the wall and loaded up with God only knows how much weight! o_O

Actually, that's probably sound advice. I've loaded these types of shelves with a ton of weight without any problems, but the plastic foot on the bottom of the adjusting bolt could pretty easily be split open from the weight bearing down on that bolt.

I like your 3rd row from the bottom!!!

Yeah, that's about half my stash. The rest is dirty in buckets waiting for the tumbler. I'm going to need another shelf it seems
I still had to chamfer the inside edges but many did not even need to be deburred on the outside edge. I may just get the Giraud tri-way trimmer to save time and my sore hands...:oops:
If you have a wet tumbler with stainless steel pins, tumble them for a while. That can take the burr off if slight, and at least improve a tougher one making for less twisting of the deburring tool later on.

Yeah, that's about half my stash. The rest is dirty in buckets waiting for the tumbler. I'm going to need another shelf it seems

If you have a wet tumbler with stainless steel pins, tumble them for a while. That can take the burr off if slight, and at least improve a tougher one making for less twisting of the deburring tool later on.
Thanks for the tip. :s0155::s0155::s0155:
I think I'm gonna get the Giraud Tri-way trimmer, my hands are pretty much beat up after this batch. I always wet clean after I resize then I trim with purty cases. :D

Dillon parts came in from multiple sources, completed the toolhead setups for 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, 308 Win. Fine tuning when I need to load for those cartridges. 308 will be first.

What's the weight limit on those carts? :s0092:
Depends on the build and the width of the shelves. A local semi-conductor company threw out a bunch of those wire shelves and I trash picked them. Two 60" wide units, both very herky, and I have easily 500 lbs of stuff on one, well over 300lbs on the other. The third is a light duty, 48" wide by 80" tall unit I nabbed in an office closing It has six 18 gallon Sterilite tubs, three eight gallon tubs, and six 5 gallon tubs, all chock full of brass, tools, dies, books, etc.
If I didn't have those shelves, plus the clear tubs from BiMart, the place would look like Dawson Springs, KY.

Look up mighty armory decapping die. I found it accidentally and love it so far. I got the swage one. Works like a charm. Pretty neat spring loaded decapper
I've heard good things about the Mighty Armory decapper. The FW Arms unit works very well too. Either it will deprime or put a hole throught the bottom of the case without damaging the decap pin.. FW also has a swage hold down die.

Well, just to be different from you "storage monsters", I actually loaded a ladder of 40 rounds of .223 with Nosler 40 gr Tipped Varmageddons, Ramshot X-Terminator 26.0, 26.3, 26.6 and 27.0 gr, Remington 7 1/2 primers, LC cases. 10 rounds at each weight. Next step is similar with Ramshot TAC, and the last batch with Hodgdon Benchmark, to see who the King of the gopher load is for my 26" Remington SPS Varmint. Hoping to get over 3700 FPS with decent accuracy. When the barrel was new, it could get close to 3800, but alas, like it's owner, it is now old and tired. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top