JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday I took the wife out to shoot her new S&W22 Victory and Henry .22 lever rifle. I took along My GP-100, Rossi 44 Mag carbine, and rock Island 1911. Today it's back on the press and making 10mm using the Speer 165gr Gold Dots and new Starline brass.

I've been running the Mark 7 this week first with 380 and then with 9mm. Man that press is nice to run. It takes me about 2 hours to change calibers and get it tuned to run just right. Next up I'll run large primer 45acp for the first time. Hopefully when I'm done with the 45 I will have the conversion kit in hand for 38/357 and can move right over to that. If not, I have a bunch of 32 H&R, 30 Carbine, 45 Colt and 44 Mag to run on the Lock and Load.

I got bored out in the shop, it's a dang mess with stuff for our garage sale…
I pulled out a bag of 500 LC 5.56 cases that needed trimming to be ready to load so got to work on them, a half hour later I said screw it because it was taking too long!!! I'm now ordering that Giraurd triway trimmer I said I was going to get last year… :eek:

I got bored out in the shop, it's a dang mess with stuff for our garage sale…
I pulled out a bag of 500 LC 5.56 cases that needed trimming to be ready to load so got to work on them, a half hour later I said screw it because it was taking too long!!! I'm now ordering that Giraurd triway trimmer I said I was going to get last year… :eek:
Went with Little Crow WFT2 instead of the Giraurd. But have a Franklin case prep center for deburring / chamfering.

Haven't tried them as of yet, but figure for the volume I plan on should work well.

Went with Little Crow WFT2 instead of the Giraurd. But have a Franklin case prep center for deburring / chamfering.

Haven't tried them as of yet, but figure for the volume I plan on should work well.
I have a Lyman case prep tool but gripping the cases is painful to say the least.
My hands are not up to deburing and chamfering of thousands of cases anymore so the triway cutter in the Giraud eliminates that chore. ;)

Today is 45 Colt day, first I'll run the 255gr SWC's then the 250gr RNFP's and finish off with the 200gr RNFP's loaded light for the Tauruses.
It's good reading that you have supplies to load ammo. I realize you're probably not fully stocked though. Really makes me glad I got into loading back in Dec 2011. I don't shoot a lot as my range is 40 miles away. I did load up 20 each of 6.5 X 55 and .30-06 for the Garand last Friday. Used IMR4064 for both, varied weights trying to see if one was more accurate that the other.

I was finally able to settle down, get some decent trigger control, and get some groups that made me pretty happy. I think I'll stick with these powder weights for awhile.

P1040984.JPG

P1040986.JPG

To be fair, lest ye think I'm better than I am, these were shot at 50 yards with original iron sights. After speaking with a better marksman that myself I saw a light come down from the sky that showed I can us a white/contrasting paper cut such that I don't have to find that damned little red dot through those itty bitty sights. Next time I may be able to stretch it out a bit more!

Last Edited:
I need to replace the 9mm reloads I shot at the IDPA match last Saturday... my first match in 1.5yrs. Sorta had a good time... there were some problemos. And I used to use only factory ammo for matches, but not going to pay $29/box when and IF I can find it in the 3 LGS we have here.

Anyway, I have about 50 primed brass and 3 boxes of CCI small pistol primers. So I'll start loading the 350 9mm 124gr Xtreme TMJ today. And finish the job my wifey started of mowing the lawn.

I need to replace the 9mm reloads I shot at the IDPA match last Saturday... my first match in 1.5yrs. Sorta had a good time... there were some problemos. And I used to use only factory ammo for matches, but not going to pay $29/box when and IF I can find it in the 3 LGS we have here.

Anyway, I have about 50 primed brass and 3 boxes of CCI small pistol primers. So I'll start loading the 350 9mm 124gr Xtreme TMJ today. And finish the job my wifey started of mowing the lawn.
Looks like another week and you won't have to worry about the lawn so much for quite awhile?

Looks like another week and you won't have to worry about the lawn so much for quite awhile?
Ummmm, 90s in the forecast here. I have underground water system and it starts at 3:30am 3 times a week, so no slowing in growth... and I don't think the wife is gonna let me out of mowing due to heat, that gal will just make me get out early.

Turns out it was 120 primed 9mm brass. All loaded and boxed up now. The next batch is in the cleaner.

Ummmm, 90s in the forecast here. I have underground water system and it starts at 3:30am 3 times a week, so no slowing in growth... and I don't think the wife is gonna let me out of mowing due to heat, that gal will just make me get out early.

Turns out it was 120 primed 9mm brass. All loaded and boxed up now. The next batch is in the cleaner.
Wow! Old school, man. Water the lawn? When I moved to PDX the lawns were so beautiful. All the rain, and water storage, and rivers flowing year round. Cheap water. Now, a fraction of the people in potland give a rip about their yards. the new thing, you know. there's a water shortage in Arizona and Cali so we shouldn't keep out yards decent in potland. But if you keep watering your lawn through the hot weather? It's pretty hard to feel sorry for you! :s0112: :rolleyes: And if you fertilize it 3-4 times a years? You deserve it! :D

We have four kids and a dog in the yard on a daily basis, and not a lot of extra time or energy. My neighbors probably judge us; a perfect lawn is not on our list of priorities. :)

We have four kids and a dog in the yard on a daily basis, and not a lot of extra time or energy. My neighbors probably judge us; a perfect lawn is not on our list of priorities. :)
Nobody is expected to have a "Perfect" lawn. That can be kind of creepy! being old(er) school I do believe that people with yards should keep them decent though. The guy that lives next door, I don't call him a neighbor, hacks his front yard down 2-3 times a year. Partially. With a cheesy Harbor freight electric string trimmer. That's the front yard. He mows the back, but his front looks like all it's missing is a wrecked car or two, on blocks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top