JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While others laud Dillon's primer pocket swager I've used the RCBS press mounted system since year one. It works just fine for both large and small primer pockets, it's completely adjustable, and is fast enough. And it's a tool that's not used all the time so when not in use it goes into it's box and into the drawer of priming preparation tools.
Agreed. Reloading is a get-away for me, so a little more time to do the job is no problem. It will be fun to play with the Dillon model some.

I finally got around to loading some .45 revolver rounds, a bunch of "long" Colt, and a few hundred rounds of acp.

It's times like this that I'm glad I have the tools to reload. I cringe when I see what people are paying, especially for rounds like 45 Colt. Casting from range scrap lead, I can shoot the big forty-five for about what people are paying for .22lr right now.

IMG_1239[1].jpg

I finally got around to loading some .45 revolver rounds, a bunch of "long" Colt, and a few hundred rounds of acp.

It's times like this that I'm glad I have the tools to reload. I cringe when I see what people are paying, especially for rounds like 45 Colt. Casting from range scrap lead, I can shoot the big forty-five for about what people are paying for .22lr right now.

View attachment 892084
Edit: i meant to say im jealous as well, Not just tear into a side tangent. Lol.
I really want a nice lee 4-20 melting pot. One day soon. I got a bunch of shotgun stuff to cast and roll. Slugs, heavy shot etc. Might have to get into the high end European hydrant slugs with the custom wads. Small investment for the final product.

Last Edited:

View attachment 892084
Boy howdy, the cost of .45 colt no lie. Ouch.

It's times like this that I'm glad I have the tools to reload. I cringe when I see what people are paying, especially for rounds like 45 Colt.
It's a comfortable feeling! I'm so cheap, or frugal? I wouldn't be paying! I load for eight calibers. I don't load yet for .303 Brit or AK food.

Well if you like to shoot during a scamdemic or shortage it's kind of a necessity anymore right?
Definitely! But if I didn't load I'd be finding something else to do. Keeping a stock of ammo seems more important than shooting for fun, if you can't easily replace it.

I really want a nice lee 4-20 melting pot. One day soon. I got a bunch of shotgun stuff to cast and roll. Slugs, heavy shot etc. Might have to get into the high end European hydrant slugs with the custom wads. Small investment for the final product.
I've cast bullets my whole life without a bottom pour so don't let that stop you.

View attachment 892084
Good looking ammo you got there,
45 Colt was the first caliber I ever loaded for. I was using Liberty hard cast 255gr SWC bullets with unique powder and could load 100 rounds for $7.00
Next time I see you I'll give you a few lbs of assorted lead.

I've cast bullets my whole life without a bottom pour so don't let that stop you.
Oh i know.. I have alternatives. Just not very practical atm. A pot would help immensely! I have cast as well before. I used to own a little black powder pistol and cast for that. Im wanting to cast thousands fairly quickly though. Even larger shot like .35" RB can get tedious VERY fast when having to cast 8-9 for ONE round.. :)

Good looking ammo you got there,
45 Colt was the first caliber I ever loaded for. I was using Liberty hard cast 255gr SWC bullets with unique powder and could load 100 rounds for $7.00
Next time I see you I'll give you a few lbs of assorted lead.
Thank you Mike! Those nickel and blue 45acp rounds in my photo were inspired by the ones you showed me a while back.

Well, they should be no higher than what they show on their website - and NONE of their online prices for LPP are $129/1000 - at least for the Bend, OR store anyway.
Looks like there online pricing is still at pre - plandemic level. However none of their reloading stuff lists in stock online.

As in $35.69/1000 CCI LPP.

Or $2.39/100 sleeve, limit 10. - which must have been "on sale" at one point for them.

So I ask, what price should they be?

So I ask, what price should they be?
The same as what they show ONLINE for the same BRAND, SIZE and style as the ones they were selling for $129 in store.
However none of their reloading stuff lists in stock online.
True, but they do mention they are 'Currently supporting reloading sales in-store only'. Regardless I always though the LAW was whatever a retail store was showing as the price was what they were required to sell it at. (but I could be wrong).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top