JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got the 125gr TC 38 Specials done and now working on the 158gr SWC 357 Mags. Next up is the 180gr TC 357's. After that I'll switch over to the big press for a run of 125gr 9mm plated that I got from Extreme Bullets. On deck is 32 H&R, 45-70, 41 Mag, 10mm and 45 Colt.
Hey Mike, next time you are at a show in the Hillsboro / PDX / Albany area I want to get some of those 38 low-recoil cartridges you mentioned in an earlier post. LMK by PM or reply to this so everyone is aware.

Hey Mike, next time you are at a show in the Hillsboro / PDX / Albany area I want to get some of those 38 low-recoil cartridges you mentioned in an earlier post. LMK by PM or reply to this so everyone is aware.
I'm not planing on any shows in the near future, I'm too busy just filling orders. Those 125gr TC's I just made are the made for small 38 special lighter loads. I do have a few boxes not committed to on the shelf if you want to stop by and get some.

Today I tested some 357mag that I loaded yesterday with power pistol and universal. 105 swc and 125 rfp. I'm kind of impressed with the power pistol. I'm going to load up a bunch more at what appeared to be the best powder charges and test them out further. They have some recoil, but nothing that feels dangerous and the primers and brass looked good and ejected fine. That 105 swc is smoking fast over 10.6 gr of power pistol. No leading and accurate. I managed a 1" group with a 4" barrel at 20 yds off my pickup door. The bullet completely disintegrated on the steel. I feel like it bears some further testing and the chrony. The 125 is good as well but it seemed like that 105 was exceptional. Shot out of my Ruger SP101 4-in Barrel. Zero malfunctions.

Finished trim/chamfer/polish on 300blk cases.

Moved over to trim/chamfer/polish .223 cases that were previously annealed and small base sized. 200 or so done, 800 more to go.

20230507_200249.jpg 20230507_200245.jpg

Trimming/chamfering and deburring brass has got to be the most odious part of reloading.
Anyone agree?
I just recently picked up one of these at a good discount at a gun show from a member. It came with some of the tools, but I had others that I need from using this > 1683557468524.png

1683557347030.png

It is WONDEROUS!

Been sorting, cleaning and prepping many different brass cases this last week. Trying to get around to getting stuff loaded.

Placed little order of Poly Lead for pistols and decided to try some
220gr spitzer lead cast for short barrel.300 BLKOUT

Figured that's the slowest rifle cartridge I can try with budget projectiles for plinking.

IMG_3740.jpeg

I bought one of these a while back and sure like it.

$38 for the tool and it fits most accessories.

Last Edited:
That's pretty spiffy!
Their case trimmer looks neat to. But at $79.00, not worth it for the amount I shoot.
It accepts the heads off of tools you have so no need to buy extras.

I have a great power tool for case prep but figured if the power goes out this tool would really be worth the money.

Last Edited:
Been sorting, cleaning and prepping many different brass cases this last week. Trying to get around to getting stuff loaded.

Placed little order of Poly Lead for pistols and decided to try some
220gr spitzer lead cast for short barrel.300 BLKOUT

Figured that's the slowest rifle cartridge I can try with budget projectiles for plinking.

View attachment 1419008
Those look like T&B Bullets, if they are great choice.

Yeah I was thinking maybe eight legs might be more helpful during rifle case prep. I don't need that many eyes watching what I'm doing. Probably a government micro machine!

Today I decapped, wet-tumbled and dried just a little over 500 cases of 32 ACP.

Will have to wait to reload, because the weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week and that means a full-court press to get the back yard, garden, patio ready for summer.

6 yards of cedar chips & 6 yards of bark mulch = 6 pickup truck loads (my long-bed will hold 2 yards).

Sure hope the old wheel-barrow (as well as me) will make it one more season.

Hopefully I'll be able to fire up the press and get to the 32 ACP this weekend.

Enjoy the upcoming good weather, everyone. It's about time.

Cheers.

IMG_2575 Large.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top