JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine worked as advertised. That was about 20 years ago and I still have the kit - just in case. I was amazed how brute force could not unstick such a small case as the .222 Rem. Mag. IIRC the rim basically curled down and the shell holder lost its grip.

Most of the loading I do now is with carbide dies. When I'm loading rifle cartridges, I don't push my luck when the dies start getting sticky.
I have a carbide Dillon in 357sig and 223 and Dillon will tell you even though it's carbide, lube it or eventually you will get one stuck.
They are correct.

I have a carbide Dillon in 357sig and 223 and Dillon will tell you even though it's carbide, lube it or eventually you will get one stuck.
They are correct.
Is that due to the bottle neck cases or would they say that about straight-walled case calibers too? I've loaded quite a few straight-walled cases over the years (mostly .357 mag, .38 special, .45 colt, .40 S&W, .480 Ruger & .44 mag) and never used any lube with RCBS carbide dies. I don't recall ever needing to use excessive force either, but I'm not a high volume reloader.

My .223 dies aren't carbide and I don't have a .357 sig.

Is that due to the bottle neck cases or would they say that about straight-walled case calibers too? I've loaded quite a few straight-walled cases over the years (mostly .357 mag, .38 special, .45 colt, .40 S&W, .480 Ruger & .44 mag) and never used any lube with RCBS carbide dies. I don't recall ever needing to use excessive force either, but I'm not a high volume reloader.

Bottleneck.

Bottle neck cartridge's need lube or they WILL eventually get stuck. IMHO

I have carbide dies for 308 and steel dies for .223. Both work just fine. For pistol, I like to give cases inside the casefeeder a spritz or two of lube. Not much, but a little lube works great for most situations.
I have also considered lubing everything. I haven't as of yet, but the thought does bounce around in my cranium.
Lube is good.

I guess that falls under "never say never" right?
From all I'm learning about the quality carbide shortage carbide dies are not going to get any less expensive.
Plus rampant inflation.
Yeah and it sucks, I liked when they were cheaper and all the dies have gone up in cost, at least $20-30 bucks more than the last time I bought dies which was like a year ago.

I have adopted the why wait policy.
And if I think I need 1. BUY 3
The best part of this strategy, is forgetting about what you bought until you randomly move a box or two and find 4.2k 150grn fmjbt Hornady 30cals and 4k 115grn 9mm projectiles. 🤣

20230403_120229.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads