JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're "on the take" with that outfit, they owe you a percentage of 80 bucks I spent there just now. Have also dealt with World War Surplus for "trinkets" for the war horses. :D
:s0114: Far-out man!

Wow, I never felt the urge to go full crazy there. I'd better check again?.......
Good thing you got your stuff. Their down for maintenance again.

What are your go to loads on a gas gun? .223 with a 18" barrel shoots 53gr V-Max really well. What else should I look at? I have some 69gr and some 80gr seconds to try out.

Felt good to finish some after a week of case prep and priming stuff.
Few more new (first 9mm) Poly Coated…Gallent Bullets
Think I'm gonna just use these from pistols from now on. Or maybe keep an eye out for plated bullets….?
If plated are cleaner for bore and still cost effective….?
Had to scrounge for this load data.
50rnds- 135grn RN, 3.7grn Titegoup ….range brass. Hopefully closer to 1000fps
If these run okay…. I'll pump out 1k at a time for storage. Hopefully I don't shoot'em all before I get them rapped up.

Felt good to finish some after a week of case prep and priming stuff.
Few more new (first 9mm) Poly Coated…Gallent Bullets
Think I'm gonna just use these from pistols from now on. Or maybe keep an eye out for plated bullets….?
If plated are cleaner for bore and still cost effective….?
Had to scrounge for this load data.
50rnds- 135grn RN, 3.7grn Titegoup ….range brass. Hopefully closer to 1000fps
If these run okay…. I'll pump out 1k at a time for storage. Hopefully I don't shoot'em all before I get them rapped up.
I use about the same load for my 124g RNFB, 3.6-3.7g Titegroup with SPP's, they shoot just fine in the XDM9.

FE0AA9D6-D80E-4558-A7D6-1A7061DD6837.jpeg

Loaded up another test ladder of 300 blackout subsonic with accurate 1680 and 220gr Berry's plated. Last batch was still moving slower than I wanted them to.

View attachment 1381886

Loaded up another test ladder of 300 blackout subsonic with accurate 1680 and 220gr Berry's plated. Last batch was still moving slower than I wanted them to.
What kind of accuracy have you achieved with those plated bullets? I've seen them but haven't tried them out yet, been using coated ones for plinking and accuracy is well over 2moa. With Hornady AMax's I've got real close to 1moa but not under, yet

What kind of accuracy have you achieved with those plated bullets? I've seen them but haven't tried them out yet, been using coated ones for plinking and accuracy is well over 2moa. With Hornady AMax's I've got real close to 1moa but not under, yet
Have yet to dial in the accuracy playing around with getting them to around 1050 fps. But I would say probably about an inch at 50 yards just bracing the front of the handguard on a bag. Shooting these out of an 10.5 in barrel AR. I went with the plated because I wanted to avoid running the coated lead ones through the can.

I had similar accuracy as you with the Hornady 208 gr amax bullets but my wallet doesn't enjoy paying for them.

Have yet to dial in the accuracy playing around with getting them to around 1050 fps. But I would say probably about an inch at 50 yards just bracing the front of the handguard on a bag. Shooting these out of an 10.5 in barrel AR. I went with the plated because I wanted to avoid running the coated lead ones through the can.

I had similar accuracy as you with the Hornady 208 gr amax bullets but my wallet doesn't enjoy paying for them.
Oh yes, those AMax's are spendy for sure. I haven't had any issues with the coated in my non serviceable can. I just do a couple mag dumps from my AR10 in 308 occasionally and it clears it up nicely. I seriously doubt that there is any exchange of materials using coated bullets when applied correctly. I keep meaning to weigh several bullets to get ten that are the exact same and shoot them into some sand to recover them to weigh them after firing.

Here is a favorite recipe of Glen Zediker for the 69g:

WW Cases
Remington 7 1/2 Primer
69g Sierra Matchking
24.5 grains of H4895 IF you have a NATO 5.56 Chamber, otherwise (if barrel says .223 or .223 REM) BACK IT OFF ONE FULL GRAIN.

Over & Out,

Mono1

I loaded up some 204 Ruger test rounds. Win 748, Rem 7.5 primers and 39 Sierra Blitz King. I got a good deal on the bullets a while ago and can't seem to find the exact load that I want to use for them. I think I have tried this powder charge before but haven't kept good enough notes. :s0054:

Should have tested them today because it was a really nice day here in Eastern Oregon but let the time get away from me. Maybe tomorrow but I am sure the wind will be blowing 50+ with my luck.

Oh yes, those AMax's are spendy for sure. I haven't had any issues with the coated in my non serviceable can. I just do a couple mag dumps from my AR10 in 308 occasionally and it clears it up nicely. I seriously doubt that there is any exchange of materials using coated bullets when applied correctly. I keep meaning to weigh several bullets to get ten that are the exact same and shoot them into some sand to recover them to weigh them after firing.
Nice to know about the coated bullets working well for you through the can. I guess I could always shoot those through the pistol can as that one comes apart for cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top