JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had to learn that lesson the hard way too. Now I stripe the heads across the primer with different colored Magic Markers.
Another member of that club! I have since tried to be extra careful when handling a box of work-up loads so they don't get mixed up in handling, but marking them makes lots of sense. Thanks for the tip!

I finished uniforming 500 Remington casings of K-hornet(sized trimmed chamfered). And got them all primed up with federal small pistol magnum. Will drop powder when it gets warm enough to shoot em

Prepped some .223 today. Cleaned and trimmed.

Prepped.jpg

I finished uniforming 500 Remington casings of K-hornet(sized trimmed chamfered). And got them all primed up with federal small pistol magnum. Will drop powder when it gets warm enough to shoot em
Hey @oneshotkyle this is me saying hello on this forum now! My screen name is slightly different here. Your name is easy to remember as it's my first name as well.

I got the 9mm boxed and loaded in totes yesterday. Today a shipment of 380, 40 S&W and 45 acp bullets arrived from Blue Bullets and an order of primers shipped to arrive later in the week. No I can't sell any primers as per my agreement with CCI they have to be only used in the manufacturing of ammo. Life is good and busy.

That awesome, what powder measure do you use?
I've been using the adjustable Auto-disc but have not had reliable success with consistently. Mine is not a new one though.
Have you ever tried the auto drum Jim? Can you use those on a Lee 1000? I have three of them they work well on both my Lee turret press and my breech lock Pro. They don't work well with 700x bit then again nothing works with 700x as far as I know.

Have you ever tried the auto drum Jim? Can you use those on a Lee 1000? I have three of them they work well on both my Lee turret press and my breech lock Pro. They don't work well with 700x bit then again nothing works with 700x as far as I know.
I have not tried the auto drum for pistol loading.
It's not as accurate on rifle charges as I'd like so I use the Charge Master 1500 to dispense powder.

Thanks but I have two already.
Well I haven't had any problem with it for a straight wall stuff it's usually plus or minus a tenth of a grain. Most of the time it isn't even off by that much. I have even had them put off 20 straight charges that weighed out identical. Not with 700x though. That stuff is strictly a way every charge kind of powder. It meters like corn flakes and by golly it also looks like corn flakes:p

Brass prep, brass prep, and more effing brass prep :(. I should have never A/B tested whether primer pocket uniforming made a difference in Hornady brass. Spoiler alert, it does, so now my OCD compels me to do it heh. I swear next time I'll pony up for Lapua brass rather than cheaping out and killing my thumbs. Ah well, 125 pcs down, 175 more to go, just need to get it all loaded in time for a course at the end of the month.

Last Saturday and Sunday my son loaded up about 100 rds of 9mm.

On Saturday night, I started by mounting the old Lee M1000 progressive to my portable bench. Immediately, I had problems. Yup....the last time, I had it was set to load 125 grain bullets. This time, he wanted to use 147 grn bullets and a new powder. Anyway, I also found that I had to also tear it down to replace the plastic cogs that adjusts the timing. Yes, they wear out. Then, I had problems with my shakey portable bench. So, after the replacement cogs, I had to also remount it to a steadier bench. But, I had to wait until Sunday. Yup, I needed to get to the hardware store, for new (longer) bolts.

Sunday arrived and I was back in production after a few little tweeks. That afternoon, the ammo worked great for him.

I wish, that I could have loaded up some 125 grn 9mm too. But, that will have to wait.

BTW.....it's still cold in the garage (where the reloading beach is). I'm using my old kerosene heater to heat up the garage and I'm running low on fuel. I'm not looking forward to filling up at today's prices.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Great ideas on marking cases for different loads. Always made notes on the ammo box before. I think I will change my methods. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top