JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No loading but prepping about 1,500 9mm, sorted by head stamps, kept the WIN & put the rest into the sell bucket.
0A393BB9-CA0A-413E-99CE-2A4C0914DAAA.jpeg
Look what snuck in. :eek: 6BE01001-7BFC-409D-9944-A273FF1B8562.jpeg

I loaded up some 204 Ruger test rounds. Win 748, Rem 7.5 primers and 39 Sierra Blitz King. I got a good deal on the bullets a while ago and can't seem to find the exact load that I want to use for them. I think I have tried this powder charge before but haven't kept good enough notes. :s0054:

Should have tested them today because it was a really nice day here in Eastern Oregon but let the time get away from me. Maybe tomorrow but I am sure the wind will be blowing 50+ with my luck.
No loading but prepping about 1,500 9mm, sorted by head stamps, kept the WIN & put the rest into the sell bucket.
View attachment 1382723
Look what snuck in. :eek: View attachment 1382724
The elusive 9mm-.40

Loaded up 100 rounds of AR ammo with the "Jake Wilcox" load:
69 gr RMR 3G bullet, 24.6 gr of TAC, RP 7 1/2 primer, LC cases.
Also started care prepping another 200 cases of .223. Loaded 200 rounds of 9mm the other day, all with RMR 124 gr MPR (pre-nuke), 50 with Titegroup, 50 with 5.0 gr True Blue and 100 with 5.6 gr of True Blue, all primed with CCI-500 primers. The Dillon RL-550B sure is quicker for the 9mm compared to the good old RCBS Rockchucker for the .223.

Loaded up 100 rounds of AR ammo with the "Jake Wilcox" load:
69 gr RMR 3G bullet, 24.6 gr of TAC, RP 7 1/2 primer, LC cases.
Also started care prepping another 200 cases of .223. Loaded 200 rounds of 9mm the other day, all with RMR 124 gr MPR (pre-nuke), 50 with Titegroup, 50 with 5.0 gr True Blue and 100 with 5.6 gr of True Blue, all primed with CCI-500 primers. The Dillon RL-550B sure is quicker for the 9mm compared to the good old RCBS Rockchucker for the .223.
Caveman loves those RMR 69g 3GH bullets. They work well with 23g of H-322 in my 20 inch ballistic advantage AR build that I did this winter. Ringing steel at 185 yards.
I also have some Sierra 69g HPBT–match bullets loaded, I'm working on the OAL for this load.
Looking to go further this summer. :s0015:

1D8241F7-5C99-42EC-9A44-8EBFEA28BFE4.jpeg

Caveman loves those RMR 69g 3GH bullets. They work well with 23g of H-322 in my 20 inch ballistic advantage AR build that I did this winter. Ringing steel at 185 yards.
I also have some Sierra 69g HPBT–match bullets loaded, I'm working on the OAL for this load.
Looking to go further this summer. :s0015:

View attachment 1382808
H-322 is one of the few powders I have yet to try in the .223 Rem. Another is AR-Comp, which I finally have a pound of, but am afraid to try it for fear of it performing really well, and then not being able to acquire any more of it. I guess H-322 could be the same issue. I guess that is why I settled on TAC. First, because it was a lot cheaper than the more established powders, then because it worked so well, and finally because I have been able to order 8 pound kegs of it for decent prices pretty much whenever I have needed to. These days, that is probably the most important factor.

Just when I thought that I had my Lee M1000 progressive press all sorted out. Yeah.......my son tells me that it's, "BROKEN". Apparently, he tried to "fix it" too.

So early this morning, I went into the garage to see what the problem was. Hummmm......it was in parts. BUT, But, but......there is that question of the now, "missing parts".

Kids.

Aloha, Mark

BROKEN". Apparently, he tried to "fix it" too.

No no no….. kids away from loading bench. I'd be scared and I just have a single stage. Haaaaa. Especially early morning. I don't know if they really respect me and my stuff in garage or if they're scared. Either way….. not gonna happen.

Maybe dumb question……

Loose…easy primer install. Time for new brass?

I didn't keep track on how many reloads I've done on these…. Maybe 4-5-6
I'm already pretty set on only one more firing…… with loose primer pockets….. because I can't really take them out and reuse in another case.

EDIT….
As I move through these and run out of Winchester primers and switch to Federal and CCI….. I don't have the problem anymore.
I've checked all rims are still under SAAMI….. is it the primers? I guess, so far.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top