JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finished loading some 223 for long range. 80 grain SMK , VV N140 and new Winchester brass.
These are loaded long because the 80 SMK does not shoot well if it has to jump into the rifling.
Does not fit the magazine has to be single loaded. Which works for the Highpower 600 yard stage is
required to single load. Each powder charge is weighed on the RCBS Chargemaster. And bullet seated
on my Dillon 550. I don't know if weighing each charge is an advantage or not. It may be just a
physiological advantage?:s0015:
View attachment 1311780
Now I too need to reload some 38 special.
I agree but I like to think I make some pretty consistent loads by weighing/measuring each charge/COAL.
The key to shooting accuracy is the person pulling the trigger. ;)

Deprimed and wet cleaned another thousand plus 9mm in the last two days. No pics, the grandkids went home, picked a bunch of brass this evening and I crawled into a bottle of Jim Beam. :s0032:
I don't normally quote myself but when I do I add pics. :p:p:p
Zoom in, they sooooooo Purty. :D

1C34CA13-4F78-4E5F-8937-A6EB04090D11.jpeg

My loading room is biased towards the "fartsy" and light on the "artsy"
You know? I'd put a tastefully done photo like the @Caveman Jim had there right up with a nice big picture of a fresh winter steelhead Still with sea lice and proper lighting. Perhaps a bit of vapor coming up off the water in the morning sun! I KNOW, you know, what I'm talking about! :D

Ooooo. What if you took a close-up of that and reproduced it into a 36" x 48" sofa size, framed picture?
Ooooooo.....
You know? I'd put a tastefully done photo like the @Caveman Jim had there right up with a nice big picture of a fresh winter steelhead Still with sea lice and proper lighting. Perhaps a bit of vapor coming up off the water in the morning sun! I KNOW, you know, what I'm talking about! :D
Oh so you think ole caveman should do outdoorsman type artsy fartsy decor?
I'm gonna have to dig out my old pictures of when I first got to Washington and started killing bubblegum, that's gonna be a hoot.

Last Edited:
It's press tear down and maintanace day for the Mark 7. I might ever sneak out to the range once it warms up a bit. The bullets and primers I ordered last week will start arriving tomorrow, So I will be running short runs on the L&L while waiting for my Haz-met.

I had some time yesterday after getting back from the pit about dark so I loaded up 30 .224 Sierra 69g BTHP bullets with the same dope used for my LD AR. If you ask me the RMR 69g BTHP bullets are an good copy of the Sierras. I'll find out at my next range session. ;)

I had some time yesterday after getting back from the pit about dark so I loaded up 30 .224 Sierra 69g BTHP bullets with the same dope used for my LD AR. If you ask me the RMR 69g BTHP bullets are an good copy of the Sierras. I'll find out at my next range session. ;)
I have not used them yet but I have heard they are as good if not better.

More of the LC brass I got from the caveman. Didn't need it but I like LC. Now it's all clean and shiny.
Endless case prep.
Took a long time to go wet...
But once you go wet you never go back.
Or something like that....

20221115_214446.jpg

I have been working on 147gr HP subsonic 9mm and 55gr BT .223 for my target AR.

I have 2 progressive presses that are easy to set up. Right now one is set up for the 9mm and the other for .223.

While I like the idea of being able to set down and crank out hundreds or thousands of rounds in a sitting/day it is often hard to find time. With everything set up I can easily find 10-15 minutes to crank out 50-100 rds per day. If you do that 5 days a week that is 250-500 rds per week or 1000-2000 rds per month.

I have been working on 147gr HP subsonic 9mm and 55gr BT .223 for my target AR.

I have 2 progressive presses that are easy to set up. Right now one is set up for the 9mm and the other for .223.

While I like the idea of being able to set down and crank out hundreds or thousands of rounds in a sitting/day it is often hard to find time. With everything set up I can easily find 10-15 minutes to crank out 50-100 rds per day. If you do that 5 days a week that is 250-500 rds per week or 1000-2000 rds per month.
That's the way I do it, some days I don't get any loaded and then other days I get a lot loaded. I do jump back-and-forth in between 9mm, 40 S&W, 357/38, 300 blackout and 223/556.
That's the only calibers that I load for and do not want to add anymore, I'm content.

If I had a real progressive press I wouldn't have any primers. Then I'd have to be fishing all the time instead of loading boolits. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top