JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loaded 2850 9mm over the past two days at a friends house. He's generous enough to let me use his 650, it'd take a very long time on my single stages. Picking up a bunch of brass tomorrow, so the process starts again!
Man I'm jealous! I'm in the same boat. I should get me one of them eventually.
I keep hearing about the Southern Shine media, might just have to replace what I've got and try it out.
Yeah me too. Its gotta be good. I am worried though, I'm betting it will tear the sh*t out of my FART. But it also seems like the pins and acid are doing a bit of that on their own.

Man I'm jealous! I'm in the same boat. I should get me one of them eventually.

Yeah me too. Its gotta be good. I am worried though, I'm betting it will tear the sh*t out of my FART. But it also seems like the pins and acid are doing a bit of that on their own.
I was able to get my Thumblers Tumbler repaired today so I'll be back at using that beast, needed to elongate motor mount holes for different belt size. I still have my old Lortone QT66, it's a dual drum setup used for rock polishing. Sorry about your FART, you should watch Craigslist for something American made. All this import junk is quite worthless in the long run. My newest tumbler is far older than I am, and I was not 20 years before the turn of the century!

I was able to get my Thumblers Tumbler repaired today so I'll be back at using that beast, needed to elongate motor mount holes for different belt size. I still have my old Lortone QT66, it's a dual drum setup used for rock polishing. Sorry about your FART, you should watch Craigslist for something American made. All this import junk is quite worthless in the long run. My newest tumbler is far older than I am, and I was not 20 years before the turn of the century!
I actually live pretty close to thumblers I went dumpster diving in their dumpster when I was a kid before I knew about them. (Wasn't so much diving as picking) they had some rotary paint mixers that looks salvageable.
I'm happy with my FART so far there's nothing wrong with it. (Oh man here we go w/the comments)

I used to want a FART big time from reading reviews, LOL, here come the comments too. I was lucky enough to inherit the commercial grade Lortone unit and found a great deal on CL for the Thumblers unit. These things will just keep chugging along no matter how overloaded they get. I do respect everyone's FART's but prefer my own, yet another one for the section in which we don't speak of, LOL.

I used to want a FART big time from reading reviews, LOL, here come the comments too. I was lucky enough to inherit the commercial grade Lortone unit and found a great deal on CL for the Thumblers unit. These things will just keep chugging along no matter how overloaded they get. I do respect everyone's FART's but prefer my own, yet another one for the section in which we don't speak of, LOL.
OK. So, as a Newbie to the Reloading world.

What'sa FART ? o_O

I usually just throw those pins out. They are abnormally short compared to the others. I'm also trying to afford some "southern shine" media which gets rave reviews is more aggressive so shorter tumbling times (which would be a game changer for me) and they don't get stuck or clog like these will, and they are heavier so they fall out of the cases easier (I think they will...?)

I keep hearing about the Southern Shine media, might just have to replace what I've got and try it out.
Yah, Southern Shine is where I bought my media a while back now. Egg shaped chips. Work pretty well IMO.

Fixed a few DIY specials on an Annealeez I recently bought. Took one of my magnetic base dial indicators apart and used the rod and swivel pieces as the attachment points for the torch, replacing the hokey torch mount that had been there. Now the torch is super easy to adjust and hold, taking less than a minute to adjust for different brass. With the mount/adjustment system, I was able to aim the torch so the drive wheels didn't even get hot, especially since I ran it continuously the entire time.

I then hooked it up to a 20# propane tank and proceeded to anneal 120 pieces of 35 Remington, 300 308 Winchester, and 1,000 7.62x52 brass. All the time spent, about three and a half hours, it took on average 8.5 seconds per piece of brass to do all those. Every 15 minutes or so I'd reload the hopper to keep it full.

I recognize that I get a more consistent anneal when I do it by hand. I was surprised at the brass response for some pieces that were thicker than others.

Now I have ~4K of 5.56/223 that I think I'll give a go at. Those should take some thing like 4 seconds per piece.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top