JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy that does my brass processing just dropped off a little over 20,000 ready to load cases today, and I de primed a tumbler loads worth of .357 and one of 44 Mag. I hope to get the last of the 3000 round run of 10mm finished before it gets hot tomorrow. Next up is about 6000 45 acp. A case of 158gr XTP's will be arriving next week sometime so that will be next after the 45acp. I'm loading up for the Roseburg gun show in Sept. plus making everyone else's ammo. No rest for the wicked and the good don't need any.

I actually loaded these yesterday- exactly two rounds of .43 Spanish.

I had a total of ten cases that I'd made and have been loading for an old, beat up 1870's Remington Rolling Block, but didn't have any convenient box or case for them other than a zip-lok bag (classy). I was in the LGS and saw this nice old leather cartridge carrier: only $5, and .43 Spanish fits perfectly!

The only problem was that it holds 12 rounds, and I only had 10. What to do? I grabbed a couple 7mm Mag cases and went to work on them. Voila! A half hour later I had two more rounds.

Collecting and shooting odd-ball, obsolete guns can be a bit of a hassle at times. :)

43 Spanish.jpg

I actually loaded these yesterday- exactly two rounds of .43 Spanish.

I had a total of ten cases that I'd made and have been loading for an old, beat up 1870's Remington Rolling Block, but didn't have any convenient box or case for them other than a zip-lok bag (classy). I was in the LGS and saw this nice old leather cartridge carrier: only $5, and .43 Spanish fits perfectly!

The only problem was that it holds 12 rounds, and I only had 10. What to do? I grabbed a couple 7mm Mag cases and went to work on them. Voila! A half hour later I had two more rounds.

Collecting and shooting odd-ball, obsolete guns can be a bit of a hassle at times. :)

View attachment 1246273
Those look like your own powder coating. What brand and color is that? And yes, every cartridge Loop must be full haha

Those look like your own powder coating. What brand and color is that? And yes, every cartridge Loop must be full haha
It's Eastwood brand powder as I recall. I have been known to mix colors, so I think it's blue with probably a touch of red.

Everyone was out of the proper bullet molds for this caliber, so I bought a custom mold from Accurate Molds. It shoots really well, for a beat up antique rifle with primitive sights.

It's Eastwood brand powder as I recall. I have been known to mix colors, so I think it's blue with probably a touch of red.

Everyone was out of the proper bullet molds for this caliber, so I bought a custom mold from Accurate Molds. It shoots really well, for a beat up antique rifle with primitive sights.
I'm a big fan of the Eastwood they look good

Resizing more LC 5.56.
Gotta get that lube in the case mouths somehow, this is my solution for 500 cases. Spray, turn, spray, turn, spray, turn, spray, turn.
Align the rest mouth out then spray, roll em & spray again.
Yes that's an ice cream tub… :p :p:p

0A061300-1F61-422F-9247-907CFA5BF24A.jpeg AEDC17A5-71FF-41FB-AB5C-6632349B71B4.jpeg

Last Edited:
Now for the swaging session. 1,500+ to do at this time but have a few thousand mixed headstamp cases I may process but dang it's hot. :eek:

CCA54BB8-E6B4-4DF9-83F7-9E0E9473B730.jpeg

Update. My total time on the swager was a little over an hour, it takes me about 5 minutes per 100 cases. It really goes quick once I get my rhythm going. :s0168::s0168::s0168::s0168::s0168:

I had over 1,500 of these before I got started processing, I now have 1,250+ and throughout the vetting process I scrapped about 300 for various reasons. I'm anal about defects when they go into my private reserve cabinet… :p

Half of them are drying after getting wet cleaned with SS pins to a brilliant glimmer of gold, perfect day for it.

Next step will be trimming on the Girard triway trimmer. 56740C77-E8D3-4B08-B3F8-BA6AD22C674E.jpeg

Last Edited:
This past week, not today. I gave away 300 rounds of .223 Rem., 100 rounds each of .38 special and 9mm, and a box of 50 .357 Magnum. A tradesman that I've done business with is a shooter. We've become kinda pals since he worked for me. I sometimes give stuff away to people I like.

I've decided to go through all of my already processed LC 5.56 cases and keep the 2018-2022 headstamps and sell the rest, I don't need 3,500.
Yes I'm that bored due to this intense heat… :p
Meet to! I have a whole bunch more RTL brass today than I did last Monday!

Worked on these off and on, Thursday, Friday and Today:

500 rounds of 10mm

500 rounds of 357 (got a good deal on new Starline brass a while back from @misterarman - Thx John).

Just plinking stuff.

My garage is insulated, but it still hit 80 degrees in there all three days. Sweat city.

That color is gorgeous, what did you use?
Sinbad Purple from prismatic powders. Shake and bake. #5 plastic container for the 30 second shake, 1 coat. I am super new and have had great success with this color, and it looks fantastic, passed the smash test as well. They say to go 400f for 10 min, but I saw on a forum to try about 425f for 12ish min, I bet either would do fine. It does not seem finicky, and has a great coat.

Below is a 400gr 480 Ruger with the same color. First attempt at powder coating.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSS-1676/sinbad-purple

Screenshot_20220731-235759_Gallery.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews