JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
misterarman, how many in a minute can you really do? With my set up I can 15 or so a minute.
It's almost impossible to say for ne anyway.
I'm running everything through it so some don't need any and some need alot so it varies.
I don't keep track of time and I now enjoy it so it could last forever and I would be good with it.
Most efficient trimming system I have ever used.
Then I let the steel pins chamfer and deburr.

That doesn't tell me much, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I think I have the best way of doing it because I think 15 to 20, depending on how fast my hands move, it's pretty good for trimming 223-4762 Russian.

That doesn't tell me much, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I think I have the best way of doing it because I think 15 to 20, depending on how fast my hands move, it's pretty good for trimming 223-4762 Russian.
I have never timed it so I really can't say. I used to watch the clock constantly because it got old really fast with any of my old trimming systems. It does make quick work of ot though. 2 five gallon buckets of 223 are disappearing in what seems like no time at all.
Not to mention it's easier on my hands not holding the case while it's trimming.
I enjoy it now. I also don't like to go too fast because I enjoy it so the faster I go the less enjoyment I get. May sound kind of crazy using an efficient machine like a 650/750 or even the 550s. I also enjoy the rhythmic functioning of said presses.

I have never timed it so I really can't say. I used to watch the clock constantly because it got old really fast with any of my old trimming systems. It does make quick work of ot though. 2 five gallon buckets of 223 are disappearing in what seems like no time at all.
Not to mention it's easier on my hands not holding the case while it's trimming.
I enjoy it now. I also don't like to go too fast because I enjoy it so the faster I go the less enjoyment I get. May sound kind of crazy using an efficient machine like a 650/750 or even the 550s. I also enjoy the rhythmic functioning of said presses.
I start pulling the handle and time does not exist.

I start pulling the handle and time does not exist.
Agreed. I reload mainly now these days since I enjoy it. Ok and I can still load a box of 50 9mm, for $4.50, that's a nice reward but not the main reason now.

I am also with you on the Dillon case trimmer. I run a D1500 mainly for making 300BLK and it just runs. Trimming 5.56 and .308 are a breeze. I will neck form after trimming/forming the 300BLK to help round the burr. I run the press about 1200 per hr for them, just spits out great brass.

Fist time priming. 100ct Ruger 480 brass. Joining my local range on Tuesday.

20220910_235356.jpg

Last Edited:
Yesterday:

250 x 45 ACP plinking loads (230g copper plated RN, 4.8g Winchester 244). Need to to feed the 1911's.

45acp.jpg

500 x 32 ACP plinking loads (71g copper plated RN, 2.1g TiteGroup)

32acp.jpg

First time loading 32 ACP. Wow! Talk about tedious. Switched to a turret press as it seems that PRECISE projectile placement on case mouth is KEY to correct bullet seating.

Not sure I'm gonna be doing a lot of 32 ACP loads in the future.

BUT - I do love shooting them out of my Beretta 84 with a Browning BDA 7.65mm barrel. Tons of fun.

This week looks to be a week of short runs, in no particular order 32-20, 38-40, 44-40, 45 Colt and 44 Mag. I also ordered some powder this morning and it shipped right away so that's good. Now if they'd cut loose with another batch of primers life would be golden.

272 7.62x39 brass boxer primed cases, 25.5 AA1680 under a .310 123 gr. bullet, FMJ. 2.187 OACL, light Lee FCD crimp. Then I tumble them for 30 minutes in corn cob for a beautiful finish. All done using a RCBS Jr. single stage press.

Over the course of a few days this past week, 400 rounds of 9mm P. I still had hundreds already loaded. But for some time, I've had these 8 x 50 count plastic boxes of primed, new brass. Midway headstamp, from when they were having their own made. Appear to actually be made by WW. I got these in a lot purchase, I think they were bought in the late 1980's. Finally, I decided to use them up. Also, I had a random box of Berry plated 124 gr. RN bullets that a pal gave me. Loaded these all single stage, but as primed new brass it's pretty easy stuff. I used to have Dillion equipment, but it's gone now. I don't shoot pistol all that much.

Loaded these all single stage, but as primed new brass it's pretty easy stuff.
Quoting my own post. I wanted to add something. I'm not a fan of Lyman equipment. I think they are behind the times in most of their product offerings. BUT: There is one thing of theirs that I like a lot. That's the M die for expanding the case mouth. If any pistol cartridge is going to give you issues with case bulge from bullet seating, it's 9mm P. I think this is because the cartridge has more taper than most. Using the Lyman M die to flare the case mouth eliminates this. I don't use the flare die that comes with typical 9mm P die sets, I sub the M die.

Quoting my own post. I wanted to add something. I'm not a fan of Lyman equipment. I think they are behind the times in most of their product offerings. BUT: There is one thing of theirs that I like a lot. That's the M die for expanding the case mouth. If any pistol cartridge is going to give you issues with case bulge from bullet seating, it's 9mm P. I think this is because the cartridge has more taper than most. Using the Lyman M die to flare the case mouth eliminates this. I don't use the flare die that comes with typical 9mm P die sets, I sub the M die.
Not a fan of Lyman either. Especially don't like their customer service. They were going to charge me $9.95 to send me a 79 cent clip. They were going to right before I told them to shove it and sold the press for less because it was going to cost that person money to get the clip. Couldn't believe it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top