JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I gotta' laugh. :s0114: Only because I was beating the he!! out of my RCBS puller and when the bullet finally came out, so did the shell because the little shell gripper hootie was in backwards. Little black flecks everywhere.
My reliable source has contacted RCBS and got a warranty on 10 of their puller nuts.:D:D:D
Yeah they are ammo manufacturers so they get used.

Trying to work up some 168 Nosler Custom Comp HPBT with the right powder and weight….AR.308
Going by the book for now (still learning and trying to be safe) CCI military LRPs new PPU brass. Gonna run through 20" 1-10 TWST… rifle gas tube.
Anyone found their sweet spot in a comparable semi auto barrel ?

All too familiar with these. Does Quinetics have the same warrantee as say Dillon and RCBS. Not that I have ever worn one of these out. The collets don't last forever either.
I've only used their collet retrofit kit in my rcbs but they are a absolute game changer. The collets are held together by magnets rather than the rubber bands that the rcbs ones use and you don't have to disassemble anything to load the round in or to dump it out after pulling it.

I loaded up another 200 rounds of .38 special for SASS.

Then.....
I still haven't found my old headspace gauges. I guess it'll turn up.....eventually. Meanwhile, I picked up a new Hornady Headspace Gauge set.

Aloha, Mark

CA0668B4-875F-49CF-9512-EEB9E5BCB16B.jpeg
Loaded up 50 300 blackout rounds. Subsonic with 208 Hornady edl match over accurate 1680. I really need to find a cheaper heavy bullet for subsonic. I have some 220gr berrys I'll try out soon.

RE : Post #3,075

Today, I segregated a bag full of brass that my son turned over to me for reloading.

Huh.....wasn't he suppose to learn how to do his own reloading?

Yeah, BUT, But, but......
At least this time I got some brass back. Yeah.....count your wins.

OK, Ok, ok.......so then, I also went out into the garage and after only about 10 mins. Viola! I found the missing headspace gauges. They were right there in the front, inside of an old unmarked RCBS die case.

I gotta get better organized.

Aloha, Mark

RE : Post #3,075

Today, I segregated a bag full of brass that my son turned over to me for reloading.

Huh.....wasn't he suppose to learn how to do his own?

BUT, But, but......at least this time I got some brass back. Yeah.....count your wins.

OK, Ok, ok.......so then, I also went out into the garage and after only about 10 mins. Viola! I found the missing headspace gauges. They were right there in the front, inside of an old unmarked RCBS die case.

Aloha, Mark
Organization is like space. Never e ought of it.

I also came across a "missing" Lee shell holder (.38 special/.357 mag brass) for my hand primer tool. It had fallen into a partial 500 round box of .38 bullets.

LOL. I had already ordered a new replacement, just this week.

OMG! What an ______.

Yeah........I need a break.

Aloha, Mark

Aloha, Mark
Sharpies, plastic shoe boxes and labels are my friend.

I've been finding that in Herders 44 mag and 45 Colt brass the primer pockets are sweged. I have a Ch4d primer punch but don't like that it only holds the case by the rim. This can be a problem with small rimmed cases like the 45 Colt. I've looked at the various tools but most seem to be rifle cartridge oriented and I wanted a universal tool, but specifically want to fix the primer pockets on the 44 Mag and 45 Colt brass. I bought the Lee Ram Swege knowing that Lee products can be kind of hit or miss but for 50 bucks I figured I'd give it a try. I got it yesterday and in a couple minutes had it set up on the Rock Chucker. Yes I'm a commercial loader with 3 progressive presses but still keep the tried and true single stage press mounted to my bench for just things like this. I've got to say for my trial run the Ram Swege just plain works and looks to be a good piece of kit. I'll give a production run in a couple days when I get back to making the 44 and 45's but expect it to make a problem an non-issue.
Link for those interested;

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top