JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made up 175 357 Magnum with 125gr. Hornady xtp and 8.3gr of hp-38 pretty decent load out of my Smith and Wesson 686-2 with 7inch barrel...45 long Colt next today after work... Then onto the 380's had to buy a different die set I had a super Old Hornady one that wasn't quite going to work on my progressive press

Today I'm finishing up the last of the 10mm and 45acp I have to do. Next week we'll start off prepping for a run of 30 Carbine and then making the ammo. I have 380acp bullets due on Tuesday so we will get to that ammo later in the week on the Mark 7. During the slack time I still have 45 acp cases to de-prime and tumble.

I got a bit behind last week. First I took my production assistant shooting. She wanted to shoot my Browning 1911- 380, Sig 10mm and Ruger Blackhawk 30 Carbine. I added in my Sig P-6 9mm, 40 Shield and Rock island Ultra 45acp. She's been working for me for a couple of years so I figured it was time to let her shoot some of what she's been making. My guns are my guns and I bought them to fit my hands so she liked the 380 Browning and 30 carbine best due to the smaller grips on them. She was deadly accurate with the 30 Carbine on the 25 yard dueling tree. Good times for sure. Next I was walking my dog on a trail and got tangled up in some ankle tangle and broke my fall by tearing my left arm bicep wrapping it around a tree to stop the header. Of course I'm left handed and had to take a couple days off for that to become mobile again. So this week we'll be finishing up what 380acp and 30 Carbine we can do, then 357 Mag, 38 Super, and whatever else needs doing. When in doubt there is always brass to sort and process.

I got a bit behind last week. First I took my production assistant shooting. She wanted to shoot my Browning 1911- 380, Sig 10mm and Ruger Blackhawk 30 Carbine. I added in my Sig P-6 9mm, 40 Shield and Rock island Ultra 45acp. She's been working for me for a couple of years so I figured it was time to let her shoot some of what she's been making. My guns are my guns and I bought them to fit my hands so she liked the 380 Browning and 30 carbine best due to the smaller grips on them. She was deadly accurate with the 30 Carbine on the 25 yard dueling tree. Good times for sure. Next I was walking my dog on a trail and got tangled up in some ankle tangle and broke my fall by tearing my left arm bicep wrapping it around a tree to stop the header. Of course I'm left handed and had to take a couple days off for that to become mobile again. So this week we'll be finishing up what 380acp and 30 Carbine we can do, then 357 Mag, 38 Super, and whatever else needs doing. When in doubt there is always brass to sort and process.
Ouch!

I converted about two hundred 7.62x51 to 300 Savage a few weeks ago, and lost ~25 to neck splits. Annealed the remainders.
The thing I noted in that was how much work the primer cups needed, even after I had used my Lyman primer cup reamer. I have about 500 more 7.62, so bought a Dillon Super Swage and started toying with it this weekend.
I'll do all the 7.62 and then move to the thousands of 5.56 that I have.

Heal up!

I converted about two hundred 7.62x51 to 300 Savage a few weeks ago, and lost ~25 to neck splits. Annealed the remainders.
The thing I noted in that was how much work the primer cups needed, even after I had used my Lyman primer cup reamer. I have about 500 more 7.62, so bought a Dillon Super Swage and started toying with it this weekend.
I'll do all the 7.62 and then move to the thousands of 5.56 that I have.

Heal up!
Don't forget I have a bag of about 200 already converted cases for you brother. I should just send those up.

A photo of your production assistant would be appreciated.

Made up 505 380 golden sabers tested 4 cycle fine a little snappy but no pressure signs... Would like to make up more 45 colt or 357 but ran out brass... Probably gonna either make more 45acp or tear into some more 223

Wet tumbled, dried, annealed and sized 400 once fired 223 cases this afternoon. I have refined my process to get very consistently low run out (.001" of less) and little or no case stretch. Just a light trim/chamfer/deburr and they will be ready to load. I am not sure the prairie dogs will notice or appreciate my approach to precision, but I am doing it for them!

Got bored with 9mm so switched the turret over to 38SPL then 357 Mag to do another Tightgroup ladder test for each caliber.
Thanks @ageingstudent. :s0062:

6077AC7B-9825-4CE2-BBBA-F71DAA29D82E.jpeg 7ECDBA0C-6641-4324-ACC9-4B7A5E130026.jpeg

4439E440-6BC0-4C2D-9A92-508B84D4B5BF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Got bored with 9mm so switched the turret over to 38SPL then 357 Mag to do another Tightgroup ladder test for each caliber.
Thanks @ageingstudent. :s0062:

View attachment 1152002View attachment 1152003

View attachment 1152004
Pretty bullets, Jim. Did you cast and powder coat yourself, or were they commercial? I haven't tried any powder coated lead yet. The concept is appealing. I remember Smith & Wesson (later Federal's) Nyclad ammo from the '80's, an attempt at using soft lead with a nylon coating and might have even shot a box or two back then. I like the idea of lead bullets that don't leave lead in the barrel.

Pretty bullets, Jim. Did you cast and powder coat yourself, or were they commercial? I haven't tried any powder coated lead yet. The concept is appealing. I remember Smith & Wesson (later Federal's) Nyclad ammo from the '80's, an attempt at using soft lead with a nylon coating and might have even shot a box or two back then. I like the idea of lead bullets that don't leave lead in the barrel.
I was fortunate enough to receive these in a trade from @ageingstudent, he does good work!!! 15bhn

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top