JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it was raining, so I corked up 50 rounds of .32 Smith & Wesson Long (new PPU brass) with Missouri Bullet Co. 100 gr. coated flat points over 7.0 of W-W 630. A max load with 115s, but 100s 'should be' fine. Expecting somewhere around 1000-1050 FPS. Not bad for a 125 year old cartridge. Used a carbide cutter to mod the RN seater plug for flat nose/SWCs. All of this for a S&W model 30-1 I inherited from mom. Probably 20 rounds through it. Am thinking of picking up a spare cylinder and chambering it for .32 H&R.

IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG

Well, it was raining, so I corked up 50 rounds of .32 Smith & Wesson Long (new PPU brass) with Missouri Bullet Co. 100 gr. coated flat points over 7.0 of W-W 630. A max load with 115s, but 100s 'should be' fine. Expecting somewhere around 1000-1050 FPS. Not bad for a 125 year old cartridge. Used a carbide cutter to mod the RN seater plug for flat nose/SWCs. All of this for a S&W model 30-1 I inherited from mom. Probably 20 rounds through it. Am thinking of picking up a spare cylinder and chambering it for .32 H&R.

View attachment 1154650
View attachment 1154652
Death Wish!

Lol

In the process of creating a new cartridge wildcat, resizing 8x68s brass to create "dummies" in 9.3x68s. I'll need to send them as samples along with my new reamers (currently in process) to the reloading die makers. This is my 3rd trip down this road. The first two were 9.3x74R to 9.3-375 Flanged mag and 300H&H to 330 HNH. Fun stuff and not terribly difficult if you study up a little.

Today was a sort all the brass acquired at the gun show day. I got some interesting stuff in loadable quantities like 500 S&W and 44 Russian as well as the more common stuff that I've been loading. I have 16,800 9mm, 6000 38 Special, 5400 45acp, and 4000 380 acp bullets on deck so have a bit of loading to do. The 9 and 380 will be run on the mark 7 while the rest will run on one of the Lock n Loads.

It's out there, all it takes is letting the ATF crawl up your a$$ with a microscope, $10,000 or more worth of equipment and all the time you thought you'd go shooting with your new found plethora of ammo. o_O
I've learned my lesson about trying to turn a hobby/love into a business. I used to love building stuff and woodworking. I absolutely refuse to do that with my firearms and reloading.

Today is finish deprimeing 45 acp and then on to 9mm on on of the lock n loads. The tumbler will be running all week making shiny brass. I'll be finishing up an order of 9mm on the Mark 7 and then moving over to the other Lock n Load to make a run of 38 Special. 45 acp and 380 acp on deck for later in the week.

Today is finish deprimeing 45 acp and then on to 9mm on on of the lock n loads. The tumbler will be running all week making shiny brass. I'll be finishing up an order of 9mm on the Mark 7 and then moving over to the other Lock n Load to make a run of 38 Special. 45 acp and 380 acp on deck for later in the week.
How many hours a week do you work reloading, Mike?

That's what I thought. Just like most self employed people, more hours a week than working for someone else. :s0155:
That's true, and that is just the actual make ammo time. Basically it's all I've got going on 24/7 and 365. I do take time for myself and don't always answer the phone when it rings. Range time is quality assurance, load development and product familiarity training for my assistant. Taking the long way to and from an ammo delivery is all a tax write off. Honestly even if I was quite a bit younger and had this going on I'd never go back to work for someone else again. Every day is a new day and I get to decide what I'm going to do with it.

How do you handle the large/small primers while decapping or loading 45ACP?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top