JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a good rule of thumb:

If the gun has a rep for negativity- even if there's a large following that refutes that rep- keep looking. The rep didn't come from nowhere.

No she isnt anti gun, but isnt very comfortable with them in the house yet. Right now I have a 30.06 and a 12ga. She really doesnt see spending so much money on something that she feels isnt needed. Plus when we have cash in the house or bank that isnt taken, it is easy for her to see a NEED and use the money there rather than using it for a WANT. Plus right now it seems we always need something fixed or replaced. I am working on getting her out on the range. She has gone shooting once with me many years ago, but didnt enjoy it very much.
Not spending so much money on something that is not needed is my rationale behind never getting married.

There are a lot of Lemons out there in the cheapo range for pistols.
Best Bang for the buck ... an all steel FEG High Power clone. Check Sarco's hot sheet for reference.
Maybe a Daewoo Hi-Power.

I picked up a Like new FEG clone for $230 and couldn't be happier.
All Steel and an exact clone.

<broken link removed>

another great "bang for your buck", the FM hipower from argentina, plant was set up by FN. FN parts drop right in, it's that close a copy. I bought mine back in the 90's for less than 300, if you can find them used they don't fetch more than that.

another great "bang for your buck", the FM hipower from argentina, plant was set up by FN. FN parts drop right in, it's that close a copy. I bought mine back in the 90's for less than 300, if you can find them used they don't fetch more than that.

Absolutely! ... I got one of them too ... tooling and machining don't seem to be as good however and the cost up to 40% more ...
(BTW- I think I ended up getting an exceptionally good FEG ... and a bad example of an FM as far as finish work goes.)
Super happy with both however.

I have a Detective short slide conversion from FM, great stuff

I am a bit of a fan of inexpensive guns. Bought the wife a bersa 380 when they were $195/new and absolutely love the gun has ate everything I put through it. Another one that I really liked was Ruger p345 one of the most accurate 45's I have ever owned sold it a few months back for $320. If you are looking for a 1911 look at anything from the Philippines, just got a citadel at the gun show for $420 new and can't be happier with it. I'm sure people have a complaint with each one I listed but for the money they have all been better than what I would have expected! Good luck!

I took a good hard look at FMK. It's a U.S. made gun 9mm and takes down like a glock, I beleive they are around $400 new and I saw one on NWFA classifieds for I think $350 fit and finish looks good on them. And The Bill of Rights is laser engraved on the slide.

Last Edited:
Lots of people are liking the newish FN autos and they are reasonably priced if you shop about. So are Glock police trade ins and the G22 Glock I bought a few years ago for $400 out the door was supposed to be refurbished but I can't see how it is not brand new or as close as it gets

S&W Sigma in .40 when they first came out. I had a friend that picked one up. Worst shooting gun I have ever fired, when you could get it to feed that is. The guys and the Gun Room sold it to him and told him it was a "special" one that only they got. They told him Glocks and Hk's where garbage plastic guns but the sigmas where different..

The Sigma VE's (version enhanced) are something to look at .. New at 300 so used less. It was my first non-surplus pistol, totally reliable. I moved on to the M&P but sold my Sigma to a friend who's had it for years and loves it. Never a single FTF or FTE. They have hard trigger pulls (like a revolver)...so I couldn't shoot accurately with it, but my friend can and does. He's run at least 1,000 rounds through it. People who hate on Sigmas usually hate the trigger pull, if you can deal with that they are solid guns.

I originally wanted a XD9 and so with life, crap happens. My new gun fund got taken and now I am looking at a less expensive firearm than a nice new shiny XD. But what I want is to avoid lemons since I will be looking at used firearms.
don't know much about lemons, but i have a one inch scar in my left eye brow from a new 9mm JENNINGS blewup on the 30th round.( and no i still can't spell)
IRONTERMITE

Well, I have to toss in my 2 cents! Go with a S&W Sigma SW40VE. (big can of worms I am sure) My first store bought pistol was one of these. $275 new. 14rd mags. Only 2 problems I have ever had with it is the trigger pull, and the accessory rail. The trigger pull is 12lb. That's huge! It crisps up a bit after a few hundred rounds, and with a bit of practice you can get used to it and learn where that "breaking point" is right before it fires, and is actually a fun gun to shoot! The only other "problem" is that the accessory rail is not a standard size. It is proprietary to S&W. I don't understand why they did that, but I really could care less. Rails are so over rated, and they never fit in a holster with something on them anyway. BUT they do make a very slim adapter plate to fix that.(I personally just never mount stuff on mine!) It's simple to field strip. Just like a glock. I have fired hundreds of rounds, from cheap to expensive and it will chew them all! Every gun I own is for sale or trade, it's an addiction, but I'll always keep my sigma! Never a single problem, and I take it every time I go shooting! If you look online about them, the only gripe anyone ever has is the trigger pull! Never a firing problem! I have gotten so used to mine that there is nothing I can't hit, and I'd put it to test against anyone that says otherwise. Get past the 12lb trigger pull and learn to control it and you will have a killer firearm!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top