JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Peter, not trying to get into your business but, is the MRS anti gun? If so, this may explain the disappearance of you gun fund. The reason i ask, over the years I've had many a friend tell me how lucky i am because MRS. Lefty could careless if i buy a gun, new or used as long as all the bills are payed.
Lefty.

No she isnt anti gun, but isnt very comfortable with them in the house yet. Right now I have a 30.06 and a 12ga. She really doesnt see spending so much money on something that she feels isnt needed. Plus when we have cash in the house or bank that isnt taken, it is easy for her to see a NEED and use the money there rather than using it for a WANT. Plus right now it seems we always need something fixed or replaced. I am working on getting her out on the range. She has gone shooting once with me many years ago, but didnt enjoy it very much.

No she isnt anti gun, but isnt very comfortable with them in the house yet. Right now I have a 30.06 and a 12ga. She really doesnt see spending so much money on something that she feels isnt needed. Plus when we have cash in the house or bank that isnt taken, it is easy for her to see a NEED and use the money there rather than using it for a WANT. Plus right now it seems we always need something fixed or replaced. I am working on getting her out on the range. She has gone shooting once with me many years ago, but didnt enjoy it very much.

You just have to convince her that the economy is going to tank and society collapse and usher in a neo dark age full of roving bands of butt rapists. That's how I did it... now my wife has her own guns.

Understood. Good luck in your search!

BTW, i would try bkb's approach, it makes sense.

Lefty.

Understood. Good luck in your search!

BTW, i would try bkb's approach, it makes sense.

Lefty.

I agree with JAMES THE CZ83 IS A B EAUTIFUL HANDGUN. But if you don't have a lot of Handgun experience a revolver from ruger is a nice economical safe start... reliable.
Move to a Pistol later.
As far as "wouldn't go there again" Davis, Jennings, Sig Moswuito.
A1

ya I have over 500 through my hp22a and its still shooting great. only issue I have is sometimes the trigger seems like it doesn't quite catch so I have to cock the hammer back a tiny bit more then it shoots just fine.

My wife was not keen on guns until she attended a 3-day Women's Shooting Camp, for women, taught by women...women like Kay Miculek and Lisa Monson. She's a convert now and she's going to another camp this May. I let her pick her own gun...she chose my Glock 19 which was a pleasant surprise. She may have a pink range bag, but she's deadly with a black gun.

It's hard for us to admit, but women generally do not respond well to firearms instruction taught by their significant other or even other men. This trend is not limited to firearms instruction either.

Funny I must have a strange relationship with my wife because she takes shooting tips from me very seriously and thats why she shoots so well lol
I am hoping to get to that point with my wife, but right now we are just starting out. Takes time to be comfortable with something that could kill you, your child or an intruder.

Can't really help with the lemon list, but in your circumstances I would recomend the EAA Witness. Great copy of the CZ 75 (my personal favorite) with a better beavertail and stupid name.

Full sized and on the slightly heavy side it'll be enjoyable to shoot, boringly reliable and as brilliantly accurate like a CZ should. The Witnesses are not super popular and priced accordingly. I think one sold here recently for under $300.

-Paul

. Considering your grammer and spelling (and your question) some one with your obvious intellect

Grammer? That's classic. Check his grammar is what you mean. You might want to check YOUR spelling.

To the OP:

I can only speak for the XD-M since I own 2. What if you look around for a used one since you have your mind on it?

My lemon was a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm. Very heavy trigger pull and incredibly bad accuracy even when I sandbagged it. I bought it because it was cheap. Lesson learned. Pay once, cry once. On the other hand, one of my first pistols was a Smith and Wesson 5904 9mm. Accurate, easy to shoot, very reliable. With all the plastic floating around many people have forgotten these pistols and they are going for silly low prices. Go on Gunbroker.com and search 5904 or 915. Here is a refinished one for $210.00. No, I'm not selling these, just trying to help.

pix092297740.jpg

I got a Beretta 92F for $425 total. included 250rnds of ammo and 3 magazines.
It's worked well and I haven't had any issues while using a variety of ammo brands.

I got my HK-USP .40 for $425 from Northwest Armory. Box and two magazines.

There are deals to be had, just go look. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top