JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My .40 Sigma is reliable so far but has a trigger like a manual construction stapler. One of my greatest nightmares would be to actually be in a gunfight with it. It's right up there with waking up with hellary or michelle in my bed

I have to disagree. Once you get used to the pull and expect it, it's really not that bad. When I first got it, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it! But I can consistently nail cans with it from 20-40yds all day long. And I have never had a FTF with my trusty Sigma .40. Also, I have gained my trust in the hard trigger pull, and have no qualms having it holstered with one in the pipe. But to each thier own! For a cheap gun, it has out fired many if not most of my more spendy pistols I have had in the past. I also went online and learned a few tricks for lightening the trigger pull by removing a spring completely, and replacing another. Problem is, I got so used to the long hard pull, that I put it back to stock. But it can easily be dropped from a 12lb to a 6lb pull if you are mechanically inclined. Reality is, there are lemons in any brand or style. I just kept trying different ones till I found what worked for me. I'm also VERY partial to the Glock 23, which is my personal favorite concealed carry pistol!

On a recent trip to Sportsman's Warehouse my wife asked if I preferred blued or stainless Blackhawks. She said she liked the heft and look of a stainless Super Blackhawk 5.5 inch(44 spl/44 Mag), then asked if I had dies (yes) powder, cases, primers, projectiles, cleaning gear for it (I do NOW)...its only been 28 years, and I love her more every day!!! Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but wives often factor into the equation, both positive and negative.

evltwn, your wife is a keeper. I have been married nearly 37 years and have all the guns (well nearly) that I ever wanted. Have too many to shoot. That said, the wife has never bought me one. She has no interest, but never complains when a new one shows up. Have two daughters too. Neither interested. However, I gained a son-in-law last July and he likes them a lot, though never bought one on his own. I gave him my Taurus 99 for his birthday along with 2 holster and a bag full of mags. He is my newest shooting buddy. Off to the range with him Thursday.

lemon guns? AR 15's, Glocks, non remington rand 1911's, anything "tactical", Colt's, Ruger 10/22's, Remington 700's, M1 Garands, mini 14's, Smith and Wesson M&P series, anything with a Zombie theme, anything with a quad rail, Taurus, just to name a few

"Don't forget RG revolvers."

Too funny. My dad bought one of those about 50 years ago. It shot most of the time, but was probably what the left considered a Saturday Night Special. Actually, it was a Euro junk gun that was cheap so uneducated would buy it trying to scrimp on $ and finding out that it was a piece of crap. My dad was not a gun guy, rest his soul. I learned guns from others and became a gunsmith. Gave up the license when the dems and Clinton passed the so-called assault weapons act that did nothing to ban assault weapons, but look-a-likes. Unfortunately, FFl BS still exists. Won't get one again until the law is changed back to the way it was before Clinton. Fat chance of that with dems or repubs. Both are the same today, except when trying to get elected. Vote Romney and see. Better than Obummer, but not by much.

I've had problems at one time or another with all the big name brands (Ruger, Kimber, S&W, Taurus, Sig Sauer, Para Ord). All were resolved and it goes more to "one off" lemons than to a whole line. My choice for lemon manufactures would be:

Jennings
Lorcin
Intratec

I used to hate Taurus. Years ago I bought a Taurus Millennium 380. Hated it. Never could get it to cycle right or fire most ammo consistantly. However, last year I bought my wife a Taurus TCP and it has never failed one time and is suprisingly accurate for a short little 380. I guess the point i'm trying to make is that every company makes mistakes and they all get it right sometimes. You just have to give a gun a try and see if it works for you.

Hi-Point; now they make some fine firearms....lol. At least if you dropped it overboard, you would not be out much.

I beg to differ. I have one or three, have fired many more, though they are not the most attractive firearm, they do not belong in the "Lemon" category, IMO.

Definitely a good firearm for someone that might just be starting out or on a tight budget.

Lefty.

lemons I've owned

SIG Mosquito - very very ammo sensitive, did not find one it really liked.

Keltec RFB - I can get it to kaboom on demand.

semi lemons I've owned (i.e. good guns, just not my cop of tea)

Walther P-38 - very heavy trigger
SIG P226- do not like the trigger
Walther P99- do not like the trigger stop

Guns I thought were junk but I fell in love with

AR-15 -ugly as sin but the ergonomics won me over
M1 carbine - looks like a fudd gun, but great fun to shoot
Glock -ugly, craptastic trigger but really easy to shoot in action events
Beretta 92 - love the trigger

I originally wanted a XD9 and so with life, crap happens. My new gun fund got taken and now I am looking at a less expensive firearm than a nice new shiny XD. But what I want is to avoid lemons since I will be looking at used firearms.
American tactical imports and Rock Island has budget 1911's for $359 and up. Your better off to take a worthwhile chance on those ..I hear good things about them, and for the money, you're not out much. Either that for a new gun, or risk getting some" crap shoot" gun used. You're gonna spend that and more for some pea shooter .380 or 9mm that probably 'aint worth the $ 350 bucks you're throwing at it. I hear good things about Citadel too. Para is a gun to avoid I've heard, because of warranty issues and ergonomic impossibilities with 3'' double stacks. Kimbers are overpriced and mass produced, and substandard for the money IMO. accu-Tek, Kel-Tec, Hi-point..priced cheap, sounds cheap, here's your sign !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top