JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned seven Sigs all of them purchased new, three of which were in need of attention. One. a 226 .40 (US-German) was an absolute POS that didn't last long, one a 239 .40 (US-German) Sig replaced, and the last, a 229SCT .40 had an impossible trigger. The replacement 239 (Exeter) is a nail driver and eats everything and the 229SCT (US-German), after Sig did a trigger job, is it's equal except it doesn't like Winchester white box.

The others are absolute gems.

When one makes millions of anything, there are bound to be some squirrels in the mix.

It's been my observation and experience that they're just not on the same level as the other poly-gun manufacturers, and being that I'm a Glock guy, the great rivalry contributes to a spirit of minor exaggeration when speaking of the "other team."

They're not lemons.. but they're not on par with Glock or M&P, so it seems silly that they're priced the same.

I agree that XD's are picky eaters...everyone I know that has one (about 5 or 6 friends come to mind) has had that complaint, and none of them will carry their XD or place them in their nightstand...they are range pistols. I've shot them and they are decent shooters with good ergos, but I have little use for a pistol that's not reliable with a wide range of ammo...especially if it's gonna be my first and only pistol.

I currently have 14 pistols in the stable (thinned down a little from 25 I had last year), all of them semi-autos. If I was forced to keep only one pistol...it would be my Glock 19. Not my favorite shooter or most comfortable to hold or carry...but boringly reliable, durable, inexpensive, and inexpensive to modify. The Glock grip angle is all wrong for me, but I'd be able to adjust to it if I had to. I also like the M&P's, but you can get a used Glock cheaper than an M&P...lots of police trade-ins (generally Gen 2 or Gen 3's w/low-round count and moderate holster wear) can be bought for about $300.

Buy the cheapest POS you can find, this question has been posed soooo many times, with no definate answer. Considering your grammer and spelling (and your question) some one with your obvious intellect will be better off with a gun that has an orange tip at the end of the barrel.

Are you really going to trust an absolute strangers advice, over doing your own research? All you are going to find here are opinions, develop your own.

Tell you what, go ask your buddies.

Better yet go ask a counter idiot at cabela's.

Nice grammar and spelling on your part!

My only negative experience with a budget 9mm was a Hi-Point I bought at a Pawn Shop for about $100. I couldn't get a single clip to run through it without some kind of FTF or FTL. I took it back the next day and exchanged it for a different gun, same make and model. Same problem, even with different ammo thrown in the mix.
Sounds like part of the problem is that you were trying to use a clip in a gun that takes a magazine!

one thing i have to wonder is...why didnt the guy who traded one hi point for another, just send it back to the company for warranty work? its free minus shipping, and doesn't care how long youve had it, whether youre first owner, or the hundred-thousandth customer to be suckered into it >.> (I own a Hi point 45..its decent. grip is OK...its the SAME as their carbine, so it feels better if its got a shoulder stock but....thats SBR territory)...the only real lemon I've experienced...a Marlin 60 .22 from 1975....but it was a $40 gun when i bought it...so...yeah. otherwise....i've had good experience with Hi Point's 9mm carbine, New England Firearms/Harrington-Richardson SB1 12ga break open with 19" barrel and Choate Survivor stock (apparently it wasn't supposed to be on a 12ga...but damn thing kicked like a mule lol), Remington Nylon 66, Smith Wesson 422 .22 handgun (awesomely accurate when fed CCI Stingers), Rossi 62SA pump .22, Ruger P85 9mm first gen (MKIIR) and SW SW40VE Sigma, Mossberg Maverick 88, Remington 870..well that one had some issues of FTE and FTFs lately but I tracked hte problem down to a loose trigger group pin.... reassembled and it works now...... no problems so far with the 770 bolt action nor the JC Higgins Model 20 12ga shotgun....granted, I am kind of new to buying guns, only bought one...the 770 and my dad gave me one of his .45s and the JC Higgins when he sold the Maverick 88 to a friend of ours.

Glocks are guns that are great for the beginner, hold it, point it, squeeze the little go bang thingy. Perfect, go buy one. Lots of them for sale, isn't that strange? Oh well, personal opinion aside, they function. for around 400 used you could do worse.

Only plastic gun I own is an FNP .45 USG model, superior fit and feel for me than any other plastic gun.

Personal rule: Never buy a gun some one has "upgraded" or "improved" in many cases they are trying to unload something that doesn't work anymore.

i would try to find a glock,personally i have a p89 ruger in 9mm,and it is a good gun,a g17 which i love,and a browning buckmark that i shoot alot,only thing against the ruger is it is heavy,and the problem with the glock it just ejects empty shells ,all the time,every time,almost boring,but damn reliable!!! the buck mark is very good for a rimfire,every once in awile a jam but not very often maybe 1 in 100

It's been my observation and experience that they're just not on the same level as the other poly-gun manufacturers, and being that I'm a Glock guy, the great rivalry contributes to a spirit of minor exaggeration when speaking of the "other team."

They're not lemons.. but they're not on par with Glock or M&P, so it seems silly that they're priced the same.

I agree, at the range a compact xd got locked up with a chambered round lol. And like glock you must fire it to breakdown and it wasnt at full battery. Although my Beretta nano , if it malfunctioned, has a striker decock, and has such a sweet smooth trigger compared to both xd/glock in my experience with both. Everyones gun is always "better" than another. All have bad and good experiences. I say get what fits in your hand best and in your buget.

I vote for the Star firestar 9mm,as mentioned above. Sweet shooter, nice clean trigger, midsized, heavy, great sights, not picky on ammo, cheap, concealable, i could go on. Best pistol for the money to anyone who has or shot one. Worth a look. Only reason mines gone is well the nano replaced it.

Right now I am just looking to get in the game. Every time I try to save for a gun and my wife finds out and we suddenly have a big bill. I am not one to buy toys before paying a bills. I just want something I dont have to save for so long for and can buy before my stash money is found and gone.[/QUOTE]

Peter, not trying to get into your business but, is the MRS anti gun? If so, this may explain the disappearance of you gun fund. The reason i ask, over the years I've had many a friend tell me how lucky i am because MRS. Lefty could careless if i buy a gun, new or used as long as all the bills are payed.

What i found was, it wasn't about the money it was that their significant other just didn't want gun(s) in the house. If that is the case, there is a cure! Target shooting! and a lot of it!

Sorry in advance if my spelling, punctuation, grammar or sentence structure are offensive.

Lefty.

I recently bought a pistol from a guy who insisted that I pay in silver ounces. After completing the transaction, I asked him why the silver only payment and his reply was this, " If I saved up any cash, it was always available to the general household funds, but, if it was in silver, it was an investment and his wife never considered it up for grabs".

The only guns I would really put on the lemon list are the Jimenez and Hi-Points of the world. Even with the super-budget guns, you can occasionally get a great one.

Personally, I carry a Bersa Thunder 380. Is it the most glamorous gun in the world? No. If I have to use it, and it disappears into an evidence locker for years, will I care? No, not really. It's functional, and puts lead downrange at an excellent price. It does have one... big downside, though. The slide is made of very very cheap metal. The slide-stop tends to erode the lockback notch, and they eventually stop locking back. For a while you can resquare with a file, but eventually that slide needs replacement. Ah well, at least that's only $50, and you get years out of the gun first.

I have not seen a $400 Glock anywhere around here. I'm a fan of the Ruger P-series since theyre pretty simple to use and work on..especially the older manual safety models with all metal frames :)

Just took a look around, I guess all the trade ins have dried up, oh well wait a while they will come down. Too many of them out there for prices to stay high. Or, you can negotiate a 500 dollar down a bit.

Thou never used a pistol version anything ever touched by the manufacturer of Hesse Arms or Vulcan or Blackthorne any new name they give them selfs they keep changing becasue of the poor quality. From personnel experience I wasted money on rifles that 2 blew up and others that plain old just didn't function. Avoid like the plague. And If you dont enjoy your fun times after being warned.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned kel tec. If I was on a small budget I'd pick up a pf9 for 250 bucks. They've been out long enough to work out the kinks, yet also have great customer service so if you do strike out and get a lemon they will fix it

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top