JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys with the mil spec triggers are tougher than me. I find it difficult if not
impossible to shoot well with a mil spec trigger. o_Oo_Oo_O
My experience with AR triggers.
I have all types of AR triggers. I have polished and improved mil spec triggers.
You need to treat the trigger you polished so as to harden the edge.
Several different methods for hardening the edge. This will keep the trigger you
polished working properly longer.:D I have several Rock River 2-stage NM
$100 triggers. Great trigger for the money. I would recommend. I have a 1.5 lb JP single
stage trigger. Also a great trigger. Some of my rifles are set up for Highpower
Service Rifle that requires a minimum pull weight of 4.5 lbs. Typical a 2 stage trigger.
For many years I thought you are crazy to pay $300 for a trigger. But I had some extra
money and a moment of insanity I bought a Geissele 2-stage trigger. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Besides the excellent crisp trigger you also have faster lock time. :oops::oops:
Which equates to improved accuracy. Harden edges that will outlast a mil spec
trigger many times over.:rolleyes: Also it strikes harder?
I know it costs too much but I love this Geissele. :):cool::p:D:rolleyes:

I thought about aftermarket triggers for my "fighting ARs" and realized I've been shooting competetively with Glock standard triggers for years and doing well. Then I thought, meh.

Excellent triggers - a buddy turned me on to these and have one on my AR308.
That's what I put mine in. Very nice upgrade. Three things that make the biggest difference in accuracy
- trigger - check SSA-E
- barrel - check BA 6.5 Creedmoor
- optics - check vortex viper 6.5-20

Love the upgrades...:D

I built a 24" AR that I put JP light trigger springs in.
Took it out shooting and was getting light primers strikes 90% of the time.
Super pissed as this was my first actual build and thought I F'd it up.

Swapped the JP hammer spring for the stock spring and it worked perfectly.
From what I read (probably on here) with light hammer springs it's sometimes necessary to bob the hammer to lessen the weight and make it faster.

I can't bring myself to spend a bunch of money on fancy triggers.

I have the SSA-E and it's a great trigger. Bought it from PSA not long ago when they had the MOE build kit with it included for $240. They are usually $240 alone. I still see them packaged with other stuff and have even seen a couple complete lowers with them built in. If you can try one sometime you will recognize the difference instantly.

I have both the JP spring kit and the SSA-E in a couple of ARs..... the jp breaks at 4 lbs and the ssa e is hands down a better trigger!

And resides in my main go to battle rifle.

Another vote for ALG ACT trigger, excellent for the price. Life is too short for crap triggers. The one I replaced was truly a joke.

Me too!!! I have one on my AR 10.5" hybrid and love it. I am trigger fussy even on a "fighting" rifle. On my Varmint AR I have a $120 single stage drop in trigger with a 2.5# pull... well worth it for what I am doing with it.

I'd be afraid I would bubblegum it up!!:(
I thought so too so I practiced on a spare trigger group & I am now using that spare in my rifle.... the key of to polish the contact the mating surfaces without removing any material.
I used a drimel with cloth buffing wheel & fine polishing compound. It is tedious work but once you see it done (u-tube) you can be an AR star...:p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top