JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks guys. I'll look more at the higher end. There is a Leupold scope that I saw at Bi-Mart. It was very nice with a fair pricetag. A good thing about it is designed and excellent for really long range. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna using that kind equipment for I been shooting further using an iron sight with a not so good vision anymore. I found out that I can shoot better with a bifocal glasses than progressive lens especially the ones I'm using are all real old-school "glass lens" which is difficult more difficult to see through than the new progressive polymers. Are there any scope that I can get and can aim clearly from 35 yard up to 350 yards?
Save your liquor/beer/coffee/wine/cigarette/dining out budget for a bit and get a nicer one.

Last Edited:
Thanks guys. I'll look more. There is a Leupold scope that I saw at Bi-Mart. It was very nice with a fair pricetag. A good thing about it is designed and excellent for really long range. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna using that kind equipment for I been shooting further using an iron sight with a not so good vision anymore. I found out that I can shoot better with a bifocal glasses than progressive lens especially the ones I'm using are all real old-school "glass lens" which is difficult more difficult to see through than the new progressive polymers. Are there any scope that I can get and can aim clearly from 35 yard up to 350 yards?
These tactical rifles are not like the old-schools that I use alot when I was young and that was 37 years ago.
If you can afford a Leupold scope that will be a solid choice that will get you out to 350yds.

If you can afford a Leupold scope that will be a solid choice that will get you out to 350yds.
Maybe my buddies at bi-mart might give me slack and let me try it. This is where it stands. I mean if it doesn't work out, I can return it and get a different one.
The scope is physically big - Yet to find out of that will work and what I need.
I want to bring the AR15 sometimes at the range which is only 22 meters indoor- not sure if that will work. Or maybe I need to add another scope with a 1x magnification.
Quality and price - Is good.
This is the one he showed me...

1704060429178.png

I started with 1 firearm (or my 2nd one) from them. Now it multiplied by itself like a gremlin... :s0140:
Its a good thing I sold one of my Glock 19 to a very nice fellow member here. I had that gun for over 3 year and never even fired it..

Last Edited:
I want to bring the AR15 sometimes at the range which is only 22 meters indoor- not sure if that will work. Or maybe I need to add another scope with a 1x magnification.
IMO your trying to do too much at once. A rifle caliber at an indoor pistol range probably wont be allowed regardless of optic.

What do you want to use the rifle for?

I think I should try to get an entry level first that better than my present condition using the iron sights. From that point on, I can easily pinpoint exactly what I'm chasing for on the next purchase even with some extra pocket change. If that makes sense....

Re scope at 1x I would just get a good Lpvo 1-6 or 1-8x. Make sure it's true 1:1 so it acts like a red dot. The swampfox example I mentioned earlier acts just like a red dot at 1x. You can quickly got to 4x or whatever all the way to 8x. I've tracked moving targets at 20, 35, 70 yards and it's the bees knees. Quick target acquisition at lower powers and precision at range. Only drawback Imo is weight. Primary arms is very similar.

Here is what one of the reticles looks like:

Re scope at 1x I would just get a good Lpvo 1-6 or 1-8x. Make sure it's true 1:1 so it acts like a red dot. The swampfox example I mentioned earlier acts just like a red dot at 1x. You can quickly got to 4x or whatever all the way to 8x. I've tracked moving targets at 20, 35, 70 yards and it's the bees knees. Quick target acquisition at lower powers and precision at range. Only drawback Imo is weight. Primary arms is very similar.

Here is what one of the reticles looks like:

That is a great video! That is very clear on x8

Man I'm so tired. I been cooking this week and taking care of the family, work and getting the firearms ready after new year.
I'm gonna get a quick nap so I can get ready for the new bears bash tonight. I bought a new set of speakers for my system. Man that this been sitting there for a week now and I havent install it yet. I'll swap t out later on tonight so I can fire up some music.
Happy New Year to Everyone! :s0090:

Have had a lot of luck with Eotech, running 8 or 10 of them, 2 of them are in front of PVS14's. Always thought Trijicon's were over rated. AA Bats are not that expensive.

Last Edited:
I mostly had no interest in a red dot. But I also wanted to know what I was missing. I bought two different budget models. One of them works well. The other, after I re-glued the lens back in, also works well.

I installed one on my Ruger PCC. It works amazingly well, in spite of my astigmatism turning the dot into a worm. It has held its zero well, and the point of impact is exactly where I have the dot sighted, every time. And one time, the battery was dead. That itself makes me question my trust in such a sight. A new battery solved the problem and it has remained functional for much longer than the factory-installed battery.

If I was to ever take these sights seriously, I would purchase a nice one, but I wouldn't know where to start. This thread has helped. 👍

I notice rifles are totally a different ball game than getting one for a hand gun. One of them is keeping the red dot on a higher position for my preference so I wont be slouched and shrugging the shoulders on using it for a period of time.

I notice rifles are totally a different ball game than getting one for a hand gun. One of them is keeping the red dot on a higher position for my preference so I wont be slouched and shrugging the shoulders on using it for a period of time.
Fyi red dot risers of all heights are very cheap on Amazon. Monstrum tactical also has risers for as little as $5 sometimes. Also a unity riser knock-off on Amazon is $30 - $39 instead of $180.

3275A6DC-3D5E-4AD8-A343-28F784E3E53D.jpeg

Fyi red dot risers of all heights are very cheap on Amazon. Monstrum tactical also has risers for as little as $5 sometimes. Also a unity riser knock-off on Amazon is $30 - $39 instead of $180.

View attachment 1792664
Or.. build a fixed carry handle AR and have a chin weld optic mount :s0140:

Edit. On a more serious note though, a flat top or a rifle with a picatinny rail will be easier to tailor optic height on with riser mounts, one piece cantilever mounts, different height rings...

If I ever decide to also put a red dot on my other rifle AR15-22LR plinker, It wouldn't be that complicated. I could shoot that thing all day long like a 22LR handgun. :s0007: :s0140:

BTW, going back to the AR15 5.56, If I get the right scope, do I need to get some more extra tools like a chamber laser bullet to set it up and anything else?

If I ever decide to also put a red dot on my other rifle AR15-22LR plinker, It wouldn't be that complicated. I could shoot that thing all day long like a 22LR handgun. :s0007:

BTW, going back to the AR15 5.56, If I get the scope, do I need to get some extra tools like a chamber laser bullet to set it up and anything else?
Imo don't bother with laser boresighter unless you want to save time at the range when sighting in.

You can sight in the scope with just 2 shots. If you can keep the rifle super steady thoughtout the process, take one shot at the target. Then Dial in windage and elevation so that the dot or crosshairs cover the hole you just made in the target (do not move rifle). Take another shot to verify it is on. Make minor adjustments if needed if you didn't hold rifle perfectly steady.

Imo don't bother with laser boresighter unless you want to save time at the range when sighting in.

You can sight in the scope with just 2 shots. If you can keep the rifle super steady thoughtout the process, take one shot at the target. Then Dial in windage and elevation so that the dot or crosshairs cover the hole you just made in the target (do not move rifle). Take another shot to verify it is on. Make minor adjustments if needed if you didn't hold rifle perfectly steady.
Alright!.. Thats gonna save a lot of time. The first time I installed a red dot on my pistol. The installation was almost perfect. It was sitting really flat on the base with no gaps, I put a loctite (on the bolt) in advance so when I installed it the next day, it was dried and not messy and got it torqued perfectly. After that I began to realize that I messed right away by visually centering or getting it close before I got to the range.. I began o realize I shouldn't have done that. when I look back again the new sight, I notice that both iron sights are like closely aligned in height.. flushed on visual. That was a stroke of luck and that realy saved the day! Next time I'm gonna fire it first on close range before I start setting the alignment. :s0004:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top