JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at possibly saving up or making more sales to acquire a decent red dot sight for the 16" AR carbine... I'm really liking the classic Aimpoint M2 looks but also kinda liking the Eotech style "heads up display" reflex sights.... the thing is... I'm wanting a Reticle to rail top height of 1.4" +/-0.01"; since that's the height of an Eotech 512 type sight that this rail is for....

Torn between waiting until June for Primary Arms' SLx Advanced Red dot; Vortex Optics' Strikefire II, Aimpoint ACO, Holosun reflex, used Eotechs.... Definitely not planning to slap a BSA RDS or Tru-Glo RDS :s0140:

The rail in question, RRA Dominator 2; designed for Eotech 512 series to get lower 1/3rd cowitness vs absolute cowitness. DSCF6538.JPG DSCF6539.JPG DSCF6542.JPG

Country of manufacture. I personally try to stay away from Chinese garbage. Don't get me wrong, Vortex and the like make good products. That said, I try to avoid Chinese made things, which will cost more. So $320 for a Sweden made Aimpoint or ($320) for something made in China.

Yeah.. there's the "traditional" wisdom that says spend as much as the gun, on the optic. But... this gun is a budget build and has been that way since I started on it... being one of those SARCO $475 16" M4 kits that only required a stripped lower.. and of course, I've updated a few things since then, like replace the stock, the carry handle.. bolt and bolt carrier group...

Edit. I would be OK with older RDS that has Japan made glass and so forth.. or used but good condition Aimpoint Comp M2 or similar scopes.. used Eotech is a possibility if the quality of these (Eotech and Aimpoint) are qualitatively better than anything else.. can't justify $500+ for used Trijicon stuff...

Yeah.. there's the "traditional" wisdom that says spend as much as the gun, on the optic. But... this gun is a budget build and has been that way since I started on it... being one of those SARCO $475 16" M4 kits that only required a stripped lower.. and of course, I've updated a few things since then, like replace the stock, the carry handle.. bolt and bolt carrier group...
With the cheaper optics, you may have zeroing problems, and the glass won't likely be as nice. Me personally, I was just telling a buddy that my 9mm SBR will get the Aimpoint Pro, and possibly the Comp M4. I don't think I'll splurge for the M4, but the Pro is a cheap as I'll go.

Everybody is in a different financial position, but @Joe13 will call you a snob if you go Aimpoint :s0140:

A couple months ago.. when I couldn't afford it.. the local Flea Market had a vendor who had a bunch of SBR/pistol uppers.. one had a Trijicon ACOG on it.. and he was asking $375 for the assembly. It wasn't there last weekend unfortunately and I never saw anything like it at the Albany gun show either. if that ACOG was a real deal, original Trijicon and not a counterfeit scope... that was a hell of a good deal for whoever bought it.

I should probably add that on more than one occasion, I've had my friends wife tell me I'm a bad influence, so you probably shouldn't listen to me....

With the cheaper optics, you may have zeroing problems, and the glass won't likely be as nice. Me personally, I was just telling a buddy that my 9mm SBR will get the Aimpoint Pro, and possibly the Comp M4. I don't think I'll splurge for the M4, but the Pro is a cheap as I'll go.

Everybody is in a different financial position, but @Joe13 will call you a snob if you go Aimpoint :s0140:
That's why I've been browsing the used scopes stuff... the Aimpoint M2 seems to be a nice "era-correct" optic that's got good reputation... but there's also the Eotech sights.

That's why I've been browsing the used scopes stuff... the Aimpoint M2 seems to be a nice "era-correct" optic that's got good reputation... but there's also the Eotech sights.
I've seen the EoTech on sale for under $400. I've got an astigmatism, so I can't use a holo.

Go for quality. Eotech or Aimpoint, your choice.
And buy from an actual dealer, not ebay; counterfeits abound.
Over the years, I've had them all. Whether a scope, a dot, tritium, whatever, I never sold off or traded off a quality sight (not including trijicon iron sights) The Chinese scopes/ red dots all got used in a sell or broke on their own.

It's weird though. I can find used Vortex Strikefire 2 scopes easy enough but I can't find used Primary Arms SLx Advanced Red Dot 1x which came out 2017; and will be back in stock mid-June according to PA... even though it looks identical to the Strikefire 2 which is a copy of the Comp M2... but I'm also having a difficult time finding M2s for OK prices (read, not within $15-20 of new)

It's weird though. I can find used Vortex Strikefire 2 scopes easy enough but I can't find used Primary Arms SLx Advanced Red Dot 1x which came out 2017; and will be back in stock mid-June according to PA... even though it looks identical to the Strikefire 2 which is a copy of the Comp M2... but I'm also having a difficult time finding M2s for OK prices (read, not within $15-20 of new)
That's probably because those are all counterfeits :s0140:

While not "period correct" for the gun just get a PA 1x micro-prism and thank me later.

With the cantilever mount it is 1.41" and the price is $270, but can be found for less if you look around. Probably made in China, but PA is a stand-up company for warranty stuff, and I love these things. I have replaced almost all of mt real red dots with one.
1683823389713.png

Aimpoint comp M2 counterfeit? Say it ain't so! :eek: (edit; I mean I know that the Vortex and PA versions are copies/counterfeit of the M2.....)

Looking at this..

Reviews says it's pretty good, maybe not as durable/long lasting as the PRO version but... hmm.

Go for quality. Eotech or Aimpoint, your choice.
And buy from an actual dealer, not ebay; counterfeits abound.
Over the years, I've had them all. Whether a scope, a dot, tritium, whatever, I never sold off or traded off a quality sight (not including trijicon iron sights) The Chinese scopes/ red dots all got used in a sell or broke on their own.
I agree.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top