JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I received the last of the care package from many different retailers online. I got to play with a few and I'm sure glad that I finally opted to buy the JP Enterprises JPS 3.5 trigger springs for my AR. It was a quick change over and my oh my what a difference it makes along with polishing the mating surfaces of the existing mil-spec trigger. $10 well spent IMHO but am wondering about the $200 trigger systems out there. I doubt that I'll ever spent that kind of cha ching on one but what's the Beef?;)

20170314_122335.jpg

Last week I received the last of the care package from many different retailers online. I got to play with a few and I'm sure glad that I finally opted to buy the JP Enterprises JPS 3.5 trigger springs for my AR. It was a quick change over and my oh my what a difference it makes along with polishing the mating surfaces of the existing mil-spec trigger. $10 well spent IMHO but am wondering about the $200 trigger systems out there. I doubt that I'll ever spent that kind of cha ching on one but what's the Beef?;)

View attachment 349595

A $300 trigger I was able to try while out shooting was superb.

Absolutely no take up or wiggle and it broke clean right as you started to squeeze. I'm not good with trigger weight but I'd guess 2-3 lbs.

Basically the same as a really nice hunting rifle but a hair lighter on the pull.

If your happy with what you have set up then I'd say it would be a waste to spend a bunch of cash on another drop in trigger group.

I have never been a fan of aftermarket triggers on fighting rifles, I have found that most factory triggers can be "Improved" enough to make then more consistent and to take out the creep and any play. changing a trigger system to a varmint type trigger isn't really worth the cost on a fighting rifle in my mind. BTW, I have found JP Makes some outstanding parts and accessories for AR's and other rifles and I use them when ever I need to build something and they offer parts for it!

I agree that for a fighting rifle, mil-spec is the way to go. But I ordered a set of these for my SPR build. My other ARs have polished mil-spec triggers.

I have never been a fan of aftermarket triggers on fighting rifles, I have found that most factory triggers can be "Improved" enough to make then more consistent and to take out the creep and any play. changing a trigger system to a varmint type trigger isn't really worth the cost on a fighting rifle in my mind. BTW, I have found JP Makes some outstanding parts and accessories for AR's and other rifles and I use them when ever I need to build something and they offer parts for it!

There are some hard primers out their. ;)

Exactly my point, KISS is my mantra for all my PDW's, of which I know sideways, backwards and blindfolded how to dis assemble and re assemble it from memory way back in 1978....:D The one brain cell I didn't loose over the years...:eek::eek::eek::D AMAZING!!!!

Light strikes is the only problem Ive heard of. I got em on one trigger and never had a problem though. I have a Timney skeleton in one of my ar's and can say it is a FINE trigger.. worth $230 ?
I guess it was to me:confused:

You guys with the mil spec triggers are tougher than me. I find it difficult if not
impossible to shoot well with a mil spec trigger. o_Oo_Oo_O
My experience with AR triggers.
I have all types of AR triggers. I have polished and improved mil spec triggers.
You need to treat the trigger you polished so as to harden the edge.
Several different methods for hardening the edge. This will keep the trigger you
polished working properly longer.:D I have several Rock River 2-stage NM
$100 triggers. Great trigger for the money. I would recommend. I have a 1.5 lb JP single
stage trigger. Also a great trigger. Some of my rifles are set up for Highpower
Service Rifle that requires a minimum pull weight of 4.5 lbs. Typical a 2 stage trigger.
For many years I thought you are crazy to pay $300 for a trigger. But I had some extra
money and a moment of insanity I bought a Geissele 2-stage trigger. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Besides the excellent crisp trigger you also have faster lock time. :oops::oops:
Which equates to improved accuracy. Harden edges that will outlast a mil spec
trigger many times over.:rolleyes: Also it strikes harder?
I know it costs too much but I love this Geissele. :):cool::p:D:rolleyes:

You guys with the mil spec triggers are tougher than me. I find it difficult if not
impossible to shoot well with a mil spec trigger. o_Oo_Oo_O
My experience with AR triggers.
I have all types of AR triggers. I have polished and improved mil spec triggers.
You need to treat the trigger you polished so as to harden the edge.
Several different methods for hardening the edge. This will keep the trigger you
polished working properly longer.:D I have several Rock River 2-stage NM
$100 triggers. Great trigger for the money. I would recommend. I have a 1.5 lb JP single
stage trigger. Also a great trigger. Some of my rifles are set up for Highpower
Service Rifle that requires a minimum pull weight of 4.5 lbs. Typical a 2 stage trigger.
For many years I thought you are crazy to pay $300 for a trigger. But I had some extra
money and a moment of insanity I bought a Geissele 2-stage trigger. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Besides the excellent crisp trigger you also have faster lock time. :oops::oops:
Which equates to improved accuracy. Harden edges that will outlast a mil spec
trigger many times over.:rolleyes: Also it strikes harder?
I know it costs too much but I love this Geissele. :):cool::p:D:rolleyes:

which Geissele do you have? I have thought about it but not sure I want to spend the money.

I like the ALG "ACT" trigger that's made by a sister company of Geissele. I heard his wife runs it.
For under $70.00 it bridges the gap between that crappy stock trigger that you get in every LPK package and a high dollar unit.
It's still in the mil-spec trigger weight pull, but way smoother and crisp with a shorter reset.

I like the ALG "ACT" trigger that's made by a sister company of Geissele. I heard his wife runs it.
For under $70.00 it bridges the gap between that crappy stock trigger that you get in every LPK package and a high dollar unit.
It's still in the mil-spec trigger weight pull, but way smoother and crisp with a shorter reset.

I got one direct from ALG last year on Black Friday - IIRC $40 shipped :D. I have these on three AR's and use the heavier spring just because of the harder primers I might encounter. They are all excellent.

I have the SSA-E and it's a great trigger. Bought it from PSA not long ago when they had the MOE build kit with it included for $240. They are usually $240 alone. I still see them packaged with other stuff and have even seen a couple complete lowers with them built in. If you can try one sometime you will recognize the difference instantly.

To get rid of that Nasty AR Trigger Creep::mad:

All it takes is a $2.00 tap and a .50 set screw.:eek:
1. Make sure the rifle is clear.
2. Remove the upper.
3. Remove the Pistol Grip..Watch out for flying springs.:rolleyes:
4. Remove the trigger and sear assy.
5. Use a tap, same thread size as the pistol grip screw and run it down the screw hole to complete the threads into the receiver.
6. Insert a 1/4" long socket head set screw into the hole and re-install the trigger and sear.
7. Cock the hammer and place a small block of wood between it and the receiver to keep the hammer from striking the web.
8. Pull the trigger and adjust the set screw until there is a minimum of creep.
9. Once you are satisfied, use a tooth pick to place a small drop of LocTite on the exposed screw threads.
10. Reassemble the rifle and you're good to go
* Don't forget to clean the aluminum chips out of the receiver....:p

Last Edited:
I have the SSA-E and it's a great trigger. Bought it from PSA not long ago when they had the MOE build kit with it included for $240. They are usually $240 alone. I still see them packaged with other stuff and have even seen a couple complete lowers with them built in. If you can try one sometime you will recognize the difference instantly.

Excellent triggers - a buddy turned me on to these and have one on my AR308.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top