JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very true.
The coyotes and cougars are just doing what they do and have done for thousands of years.
I won't hunt them just because I have a tag that says I can , but if they hunt too often on my friends small hobby farm , I've been known to give 'em a eviction notice. :D
Andy

True they aren't native to our area.
But that is no reason just to kill 'em for the sake of killing them. ( speaking for myself )
I don't like to kill something I'm not going to eat or have no use for the hide etc ...

Where they are causing a fuss or way over abundant then hunt as you please.
Or even if someone just likes too ... Who am I to say not to?
Andy

Never really thought about a cross bow. That just may give me an excuse to go buy one since my wife is scared that her little baby shih tzu will get taken. :eek::D To the point she makes me take the dang thing out at night cuz she knows I'm carrying :oops:

If the little dog can't get away from them and or is not smart enough to avoid them they will eat it. Our back fence is too high for the other dogs but the Raccoons can of course get over it. For years it was no big deal and I enjoyed watching them. Then one morning out of the blue one went after Wife's dog. Thank god I was watching. Went after it with a mag light. I though surely I was going to be down getting rabies shots as I was bashing on it trying to get it to let go of her. After that they would go buy on the fence but not come into the yard. I guess they got the idea that they had worn out their welcome.

If the little dog can't get away from them and or is not smart enough to avoid them they will eat it. Our back fence is too high for the other dogs but the Raccoons can of course get over it. For years it was no big deal and I enjoyed watching them. Then one morning out of the blue one went after Wife's dog. Thank god I was watching. Went after it with a mag light. I though surely I was going to be down getting rabies shots as I was bashing on it trying to get it to let go of her. After that they would go buy on the fence but not come into the yard. I guess they got the idea that they had worn out their welcome.

My wife and I would be devastated if something happened to our dog. She is like our kid especially since ours are all grown and out of the house. That is the reason I take her out at night. Figure worst case scenario is I can at least get a good kick in with a size 14 boot.:D

My wife and I would be devastated if something happened to our dog. She is like our kid especially since ours are all grown and out of the house. That is the reason I take her out at night. Figure worst case scenario is I can at least get a good kick in with a size 14 boot.:D

We feel the same way about our dogs. I think we take better care of them than we do ourselves. :eek:

Many wonder why the grouse population around my area has been suffering the last 20 years. It's because man has bought up a lot of timberland and the inhabitants think that howling coyotes are "cool" to hear so they leave out food just for then and they multiply like rabbits.
Hunting is for animal control. I'm more worried about the mountain lions since Washington voters thought it was best to stop hunting for them with dogs!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Wait till one of their kids gets drug off of a hiking path and gets eaten......:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

I keep a walking / hiking stick at the door.
It works wonders at keeping "over enthusiastic" raccoons at bay .:D
Andy

Many wonderful why the grouse population around my area has been suffering the last 20 years. It's because man has bought up a lot of timberland and the inhabitants think that howling coyotes are "cool" to hear so they leave out food just for then and they multiply like rabbits.
Hunting is for animal control. 8m more worried about the mountain lions since Washington voters thought it was best to stop hunting for them with dogs!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Wait till one of their kids gets drug off of a hiking path and gets eaten......:rolleyes:

That law will change so fast our heads will spin as soon as a politicians kid gets nabbed out playing in woods.:eek:
When I lived up in Snohomish county I new a lady who was out feeding her goat with her three little kids. As they started walking back to the house they heard a noise. They turned around and the goat was gone. When they called fish and game they found a bunch of cougar tracks. Took them a week to trap it. :confused:

Many wonderful why the grouse population around my area has been suffering the last 20 years. It's because man has bought up a lot of timberland and the inhabitants think that howling coyotes are "cool" to hear so they leave out food just for then and they multiply like rabbits.
Hunting is for animal control. 8m more worried about the mountain lions since Washington voters thought it was best to stop hunting for them with dogs!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Wait till one of their kids gets drug off of a hiking path and gets eaten......:rolleyes:

That would then be ecological balance at work! LOL.
I see yotes in my neighborhood, now and then. Perhaps one mad a snack out of my cat, Trouble. It did the bird population a favor, and since then I have seen a big rebound in nuthatches, juncos and towhees.

I had one of those 40 lb coons in my back yard once , OK they were there every day , and my Jack Russell went after it. Coons climbing up the fence with a Jack Russell swinging from its tail clamped on like a vice. Funniest thing I'd seen in a long time. I think my Fox Terrier would die trying to put one out of his misery.

I keep a walking / hiking stick at the door.
It works wonders at keeping "over enthusiastic" raccoons at bay .:D
Andy

After that run in I made a spear out of a 8 ft section of PVC and an old folding knife. Also took to keeping a small bat that they sell as a "Tire buddy" at the back door. So far the Coons seem to keep their distance. Still run across the top of the fence but have not seem them in the back yard again. I don't want to kill one but if they come after one of the dogs again they are dead.

DSC06421.jpg
Did someone say Spear?!
Here is mine.
I'd use it ... But I don't want the new neighbors thinking I'm a madman.:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA