JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
One step closer to resolution. Nothing is impossible for the Lord, my His touch be upon you, even at this very moment, in- filling you with the Holy Spirit, strengthening you for the battle and victory that lie ahead, providing you with His supernatural healing, while crushing and defeating the enemy in the process. With all the glory given to Him, the Great Physician. Amen...

Affirmation of this prayer in Jesus' holy name! AMEN!

Hey guys, we met with our oncology team today. I start chemo on Monday! The plan is three weeks of heavy chemo, then radiation added to the mix for five weeks! Boy I'm not looking forward to this! :) Well I'm exhausted so heading for the sack! Thanks for interest!

Hey guys, we met with our oncology team today. I start chemo on Monday! The plan is three weeks of heavy chemo, then radiation added to the mix for five weeks! Boy I'm not looking forward to this! :) Well I'm exhausted so heading for the sack! Thanks for interest!

God be with you. He will heal! Praise be to God, the omnipotent and omniscient!

Amen.

Last Edited:

Good news Sarge! I know it will be rough, but at least it's a big step forward! Continued prayers!

I've been hesitant about writing this thread. What should I write? Should I actually write anything at all? Perhaps the subject is too personal. I don't know..... I do know that I've always been a bit of a loner and the population of this site are my dear friends and cherished acquaintances, the people with whom I've had intercourse with day in and day out.
So.....here's too it! I'm sure that some of you know that I've been fighting pneumonia for the last six weeks. I've mentioned it in posts a few times. It turns out not to be pneumonia, but rather, lung cancer! While we have little information as yet, we do know that it is aggressive and has already metastasized to outside the lung.
Obviously, this sucks pretty bad! The worst being that I'm going to be presented with new, twin grandsons in seven months! Another sad effect is I'll be unable to impart my wisdom and graceful good humor upon you, my dear friends!
Well, I've grown tired and that makes it hard to write, so I'll stop for now. I'll write more posts, gauging how much you guys are interested in hearing about the process by your posts! Thanks for reading! :) Steve
bubblegum cancer brother...bubblegum...

Glad you have a plan!

Might want to look into the mushrooms they use in Japan for helping to cure cancer. Might not be all that bad in a soup if ya like the fungus:D:rolleyes:

Rest well, dear sir.
Been thinking about you a lot. I wish you a chemo that is as civil as can be.

The doctor said I was Idiopathic!
Hurt my feelings!:(
Wait... you have feelings? How did you ever make it to the rank of sergeant ? :D

Looks like Mississippi's out, and we are bringing the party to a street corner near you! Everyone should go to goodwill and find the most outrageous clothes so we all blend in with Portland hipsters. :eek:

Make sure you get plenty of rest, read up on what the side effects that the chemo and radiation bring. Get some ginger candies from Trader Joe's or Cost Plus World Market for your stomach. A good iBook to download is called Facing Forward.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Keep us posted Sarge. 40k+ are with you. That's a lot of azz-whoopings!

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads