JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can someone show me the math how there are enough gun owners in WA State to overcome Pugetopolis even if they voted as a unanimous block? I looked at the SOS rolls and I just dont see it. Not with a King County turn out at the level that I1639 saw.

Can someone show me the math how there are enough gun owners in WA State to overcome Pugetopolis even if they voted as a unanimous block? I looked at the SOS rolls and I just dont see it. Not with a King County turn out at the level that I1639 saw.

You are exactly right, it is game-over in WA. No one who matters from a vote standpoint is buying the line from the opponents of gun control. I don't know why, they just don't, and there's a lot more of them than there are of us.

Every time the NRA beats their chest about victories the left takes notice, the rage swells, and so it goes. Winner takes all I guess.

I believe some folks who might give us a pass come vote time will screw us out of spite.

You are exactly right, it is game-over in WA. No one who matters from a vote standpoint is buying the line from the opponents of gun control. I don't know why, they just don't, and there's a lot more of them than there are of us.

Every time the NRA beats their chest about victories the left takes notice, the rage swells, and so it goes. Winner takes all I guess.

I believe some folks who might give us a pass come vote time will screw us out of spite.

It may well be game over but if so it has zero to do with more of them. All the problems here and in OR are because of gun owners who either will not participate at all, or virtue signal and vote for people who are openly against them. You will see it at every election. A LOT of gun owners who can't be bothered to vote, and a LOT of them who proudly announce they voted for the one who wants to take guns. The reason for the virtue signaling is there is always a better opponent. Lots of gun owners beat their chest as they proudly announce they will not support the one who is not perfect. So they help elect the worst one. Then they blame the same thing, there are more of them than there are of us, NRA sucks, my vote does not matter, and so on.

Pretty good explanation of just how badly WA has screwed the pooch on I-1639. From what I've heard, the ATF and FBI, and to a certain extent, WSP know that the state has severely dropped the ball on this, and are letting the state fail, just to make an example out of them.

From Talos Tactical...
I1639 is just a few weeks away, and the state finally released their new Firearm Transfer Application. To say we're frustrated is an understatement.
It demonstrates a clear lack of leadership from the FBI, WA AG's office, and/or the WA DOL. They are clearly not communicating. The form from the DOL doesn't allow us to do the things the AG and FBI say we need to do. Further, we have been supplying local law enforcement with what little info we're getting because the state hasn't deemed it necessary to keep them updated as to their role in this mess.
What do we have for info? The FBI says we can no longer do instant checks on semi-automatic rifles, handguns, and frames/receivers. They need to be submitted to local law enforcement. The state says we need to fill out their transfer form and physically mail it to the law enforcement agency. The agency is supposed to do the background check, and then physically mail it back. It cannot be done in less than 30 days (per an official release by King County). At 30 days, the paperwork expires. So either nobody will get their guns, or everybody will and we won't find out until later whether they legally should have. Again, there's no guidance from the state on this.
This all assumes that we could properly submit the form for a background check in the first place. We can't. The FBI says we can't use their system for a check on a receiver. The state form doesn't have a section for a receiver. We are three weeks out, and nobody has a mechanism in place for us to run a background check on a receiver. Do we not sell them? Are they no longer subject to a background check? Somebody needs to own this, but nobody currently is.
While I'm griping about the forms, let's dig into that a bit deeper. There's a box the purchaser must check on the state form, acknowledging that it's a forfeiture of HIPPA privacy. Handguns are just supposed to be for that instant. Semi-automatic rifles would be permanent. But there's only one box to check. So is it one, the other, both, or neither? Nobody knows. The form to request information is even more odd. The DOL says their website and database won't be ready for a year, and there's no funding or labor at all for it right now. Yet, this form is supposed to be processed by these imaginary employees using a website that doesn't exist, so you can see what guns the state thinks you own. Right.
Oh, and don't forget these classes you're supposed to take before buying a semi-automatic rifle. What classes count? No idea. Who can teach them? No idea. What test do you take and what forms do you fill out? No idea. What website do we check to make sure you did what you're supposed to do? It's the one the DOL says won't be done for a year. **Edit: One of our followers pointed me to some new language the state has for this. Apparently the state has given up on monitoring and regulating this. There will be no database. They do have restrictions on who can teach the class and what material must be included, but there are no standards or tests and will be no way for me to verify if a certificate is real or fake. Thanks Washington.**
The most frustrating part is that this is not even an attempt at curbing crime. Not one dollar or one minute of time is directed towards crime or criminals. This will destroy a background check system that works pretty darn well. The voters who pushed this through have wrecked a functional background check system, and virtually guaranteed that more bad guys will get guns. July 1 is going to be an ugly day in Washington.

Hmm, curious why that matters, I thought the rights of a minority cannot be voted away by a majority in a constitutional republic.</sarcasm>
I completely agree, hence I dont understand why spend the energy trying to mobilize a base that is most likely in this day and age a minority. when we should be spending that energy protecting the right.

Pretty good explanation of just how badly WA has screwed the pooch on I-1639. From what I've heard, the ATF and FBI, and to a certain extent, WSP know that the state has severely dropped the ball on this, and are letting the state fail, just to make an example out of them.

From Talos Tactical...
The most frustrating part is that this is not even an attempt at curbing crime. Not one dollar or one minute of time is directed towards crime or criminals. This will destroy a background check system that works pretty darn well. The voters who pushed this through have wrecked a functional background check system, and virtually guaranteed that more bad guys will get guns. July 1 is going to be an ugly day in Washington.

No gun law is ever aimed at crime. Notice the people who are always screaming about gun crime are also the same people who want to make excuses for criminals? Been like this all my life. Yet voters just keep electing them. This last law is about to catch a WHOLE bunch of gun owners by shock. When they go to buy a .22 and find out it's now an assault weapon and they need to take a class, then wait till the state has time to give the OK. They will be shocked, swear they never heard of this, then blame the NRA which they are of course not a member of.

It may well be game over but if so it has zero to do with more of them. All the problems here and in OR are because of gun owners who either will not participate at all, or virtue signal and vote for people who are openly against them. You will see it at every election. A LOT of gun owners who can't be bothered to vote, and a LOT of them who proudly announce they voted for the one who wants to take guns. The reason for the virtue signaling is there is always a better opponent. Lots of gun owners beat their chest as they proudly announce they will not support the one who is not perfect. So they help elect the worst one. Then they blame the same thing, there are more of them than there are of us, NRA sucks, my vote does not matter, and so on.

We're more or less on the same page, at the end of the day the vote tally is what counts, how we got there is open for debate I suppose.

At 60% Yes it's wide open as to how we got what we got.

I dropped by @Sporting Systems on Thursday [first time since their move out of downtown Vancouver] while driving through Hazel Dell. The place was very busy. Guessing a lot of folks are making last minute purchases and then sitting back to watch the train wreck.

Thanks Dan for keeping us informed, as painful as that can be in times like this. I'll continue to make donations to SAF to support the lawsuit.

We can beat this in the courts. It is a gross violation of our 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment rights.
But it will cost money.
So donate to SAF, NRA-ILA and Sporting Systems' gofundme site.
It's our last chance.

We're more or less on the same page, at the end of the day the vote tally is what counts, how we got there is open for debate I suppose.

At 60% Yes it's wide open as to how we got what we got.

If you are around a fair amount of gun owners watch what happens when this latest law kicks in. People who work at stores where things like 22 rifles are sold will be able to tell you. There will be a HUGE stink raised. People coming in to buy one and finding out about this "new law". They will have never heard of it, then will be mad. That right there tells you what is wrong. That a huge swath of gun owners do not care enough to even know what is coming, until it hits them. Many of them probably "heard" some inkling of this, did not bother to look, figured it would not effect anything they own. We have a lot of that. Gun owners who want to constantly "compromise" until it slaps them. Then they always scream about the NRA, who they never joined. If you were of gun buying age when the Brady law went in you would have seen the same thing. Until then people were used to walking into a K-Mart or such at Christmas to buy someone a .22. They were used to walking in, filling out the paper and walking out. Well a TON of them walked in, found there was a "new law". The store had to have someone who could call in the background check. If the system was not working that day they were turned away. All of them were screaming about how the NRA "allowed" this. Come next election? A bunch of them will still vote for the people who pass these kind of laws on them, and then blame everyone else. Gun owners are getting exactly what they deserve. It's not there is more of them than us, its the number of "us" who could care less until something like this happens. Then a lot of "us" still support the people who want to take our rights away.

This bill was huge for the antis. It basically killed gun shows and many gun stores cant store all of these guns awaiting background checks.
Yup, 30 days of storage means an extra 300-400 firearms in the store. Increasing insurance requirements, storage requirements, processing time, number of visits to the store, double the amount of paperwork,new costs for mailing documents every day, hand written forms in lieu of computer generated forms, and then the ubiquitous auto 30 day holds...

This bill was huge for the antis. It basically killed gun shows and many gun stores cant store all of these guns awaiting background checks.

YEP! I have toyed with the idea of getting a Trust for another suppressor for years. Had not owned one since met current Wife. Now she is actually making noise of getting on board with this. Which I am totally in on. She has even looked at the trust and shopped. Was asking why our favorite store does not even carry these. I mentioned to her what she had missed. The one place that does when we were there. Owner saying he at that time had many suppressors in his safe that were sold. Just waiting on the OK for the new owners to take them home. I said this is a huge hassle and expense for a shop. Now many guns are going to end up just the same. People pay for a rifle or hand gun, can't take the damn things home for who knows how long. Store has to keep these all that time. People are of course mad. Many who get mad will of course blame the store, who have zero to do with all this. Then good luck trying to sell your own guns. It was a hassle before. Now it will be much worse.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top