JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My get out of jail card is one does not need to be able to read, write or do arithmetic in order to graduate high school in Oregon.
Ironclad, baybee!
Now gimme my legal drugs and shut your piehole thank you very much.

What many do not want to see is there is what the law says, as written, then there is what some prosecutor here tells you it means. Next there is what some black robe tells you it means. People LOVE to quibble about laws that they admit are VERY poorly written. What they fail to want to mention is someone can be "charged" with a crime and not convicted. Now those traveling to WA from another state would have to do something to get attention to ever find out. As often happens their mouth may well make the difference in how far it goes. If for some reason some LEO, or black robe decides they need to be charged? They will most likely win BUT, at what cost to them? Lawyers are NOT free, at least not one you want to use if for some reason you piss off some black robe who wants to make and example of you. So again there is what is "legal" and what is smart. Everyone has to make up their own mind here.

Thanks everyone for all your input, I really appreciate it.

Really makes me feel kinda sick that this is what things are coming to.

Most simple solution is to leave the 13rd mag in Oregon and carry a spare 10rd mag.

This will be the first time I will disagree with a lawyer. He cites the law then says transporting is not the same as importing according to the law, yet the law he cited defines importing as including transporting (into the state)..
What am I missing?
View attachment 1830206
I think it's meant to be so ambiguous that we do what the OP says he's gonna do and just give up and take the safe route. They win again....

If you bring one to WA "legally" no. Now if you bring one here its going to be hard for you to get in a bind. How often are you stopped and searched? If you are and are asked about the mag you would have to tell them you brought the mag to this state.
Tell me more. Did they weaken the 5th amendment as well? Does Washington have some penalty when you invoke your other rights?

Tell me more. Did they weaken the 5th amendment as well? Does Washington have some penalty when you invoke your other rights?
No but an AMAZING number of people just can NOT keep their yap shut when they should. The vast majority of the time when someone has a shoot that "should be good" and they get in a bind? It will almost every time be they just could not shut the hell up. It is amazing to watch. :eek:

The law is whatever the LEO that stops you, interprets it as.
Meaning guilty until proven you are not.

Oregon, people say private transfers without a FFL is not legal.
False, it can be inherited and gifted, even sold to a family member as defined.

However, Oregon keeps this little part quiet. And pretty sure most LEOs are not aware that it is.

Oh well. give me a call I got your bail money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top