JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Understanding purchases in Washington after July 1. Lots of changes coming, for rifles, pistols, lowers, frames and "other" firearms.

Working to get an injunction filed to stop this insanity...more to the story that just came in, but trying to diagnose how that plays out for the court before we share publicly.

Understanding purchases in Washington after July 1. Lots of changes coming, for rifles, pistols, lowers, frames and "other" firearms.

Working to get an injunction filed to stop this insanity...more to the story that just came in, but trying to diagnose how that plays out for the court before we share publicly.
Good thing these lawsuits are free,Right? Doesn't cost anything to file a lawsuit, right?
Because lawyers are generous souls and work for free, right?
Of course, if I'm incorrect, perhaps you could provide a link or some way for us gun owners to help fund/support these cases.

South sound guns is having a sale on suppressors, and implied supressors should be bought before july as well. Anyone know the reason why? Are they impacted by 1639?

South sound guns is having a sale on suppressors, and implied supressors should be bought before july as well. Anyone know the reason why? Are they impacted by 1639?
Suppressors are not covered by any part of 1639 at all. They're just being pushy and providing bad information. They should be called out for being irresponsible.

Good thing these lawsuits are free,Right? Doesn't cost anything to file a lawsuit, right?
Because lawyers are generous souls and work for free, right?
Of course, if I'm incorrect, perhaps you could provide a link or some way for us gun owners to help fund/support these cases.

Go fund me account for some of the legal costs. We have already donated $10,000 and are nearing another $10k check.
Click here to support 1639 Legal Defense Fund organized by Daniel Mitchell

YouTube link to the 1639 parody video.

Hello,

I don't live in WA state but I do appreciate this posted video. I will show it to my husband since he believes that ALL of this mess (Anti gun laws.) has and will continue to spread to other states including his home state, Montana.

We have already had some gun laws passed that did NOT agree with the Montana Constitution here in this college town and around this state.

Thank you.

Catherine

Hello,

I don't live in WA state but I do appreciate this posted video. I will show it to my husband since he believes that ALL of this mess (Anti gun laws.) has and will continue to spread to other states including his home state, Montana.

We have already had some gun laws passed that did NOT agree with the Montana Constitution here in this college town and around this state.

Thank you.

Catherine
The politicians and government employees are a crime gang.

This latest mess is squarely in the lap of gun owners who either can't be bothered to vote, or throw the vote away. Unless that ever changes there is not much to be done. God bless those fighting this one. Sadly even if they win another will just take it's place. As long as those who own guns champion this garbage it's never going to stop. I keep hoping something like this may wake some more up when they find out. I can guarantee a lot of gun owners still have no idea this happened. They will not until they go to buy and find out. Then a lot of them will of course scream at gun groups for "allowing it". Groups they of course are not even members of. Maybe this one will start some push back, we can hope.

This mess is in the lap of billionaires who bought the law. If there are any gun owners who didn't vote against it and didn't try to persuade others to reject it then they dropped the ball too.

This mess is in the lap of billionaires who bought the law. If there are any gun owners who didn't vote against it and didn't try to persuade others to reject it then they dropped the ball too.

Yes people with piles of money put this up but they can't vote it in. The law makers who do so only have power that is given to them. Listen to how a lot of gun owners talk at time to vote and you will see why WA and OR are in a race to become CA. If billionaires really can just do this then why bother to fight at all? Unless gun owners choose to vote we will just keep getting worse laws.

Yes people with piles of money put this up but they can't vote it in. The law makers who do so only have power that is given to them. Listen to how a lot of gun owners talk at time to vote and you will see why WA and OR are in a race to become CA. If billionaires really can just do this then why bother to fight at all? Unless gun owners choose to vote we will just keep getting worse laws.

He's right^^^
Back in my California days we had an estimated 6-8 million gun owners, yet post Gunmageddon we couldn't get 365000 of them to sign a petition to get a repeal on the ballot. We can't help what a billionaire wants to do with his money, but we can vote.
But if gun owners are too lazy, paranoid or stupid to register to vote and then, by God vote, then gun rights are indeed doomed.

He's right^^^
Back in my California days we had an estimated 6-8 million gun owners, yet post Gunmageddon we couldn't get 365000 of them to sign a petition to get a repeal on the ballot. We can't help what a billionaire wants to do with his money, but we can vote.
But if gun owners are too lazy, paranoid or stupid to register to vote and then, by God vote, then gun rights are indeed doomed.

Yep, sadly. I have a couple times listened to some guys from CA who are fighting with all they have. Couple times they have mentioned this. Millions of gun owners, yet they can't get a large percentage of them to support them. One guy said if I could just get 2 or 3 million to vote together as a block? He said I could work wonders. Sadly he can't. Many who do not bother, or actually proudly announce they are supporting anti gun, always blame someone else.
Look at the Gov of OR as a great example. Kate did not win because some billionaire liked her. She won a couple times because she had an opponent. MANY gun owners would virtue signal about how he was no good because he was not perfect. Great, they got Kate. So how do you like what you voted for now? Tell them this they get mad and say it's "not my fault". <shrug> Makes me sad to watch this.

Let me start by saying I feel your pain for the upcoming changes that the folks in Washington will have to deal with. And wish you perserverience and wisdom.

Now with the disclaimer out of the way:

I just returned from a trip to Washington to visit family and had the opportunity to visit a few gun and pawn shops. I was surprised that all the focus was on the portion of the new law effecting background checks for transfers/sales with the statement that "this effected ALL transactions." One pawn shop was even stating that they might stop sales all together, which I thought was a bit severe.

I understand that the new background check law is burden some and rightly deserving much attention. What I do not get is why I have not seen any discussions or focus on the stated exemptions found in the new law - such as those found in section (4) a-i:

RCW 9.41.113: Firearm sales or transfers—Background checks—Requirements—Exceptions. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>)

For example, I specially I asked in three separate shops during my trip how C&R would work with the new law and all three told me I, as a purchaser, had to have a background check even though the law apparently says C&R is exempt (see 4i).

Am I missing something?

So, are any Washington OPs currently applying for FFL03 licenses? Are you aware of any of the other exemptions and how do you plan to use/exploit them?

Yep, sadly. I have a couple times listened to some guys from CA who are fighting with all they have. Couple times they have mentioned this. Millions of gun owners, yet they can't get a large percentage of them to support them. One guy said if I could just get 2 or 3 million to vote together as a block? He said I could work wonders. Sadly he can't. Many who do not bother, or actually proudly announce they are supporting anti gun, always blame someone else.
Look at the Gov of OR as a great example. Kate did not win because some billionaire liked her. She won a couple times because she had an opponent. MANY gun owners would virtue signal about how he was no good because he was not perfect. Great, they got Kate. So how do you like what you voted for now? Tell them this they get mad and say it's "not my fault". <shrug> Makes me sad to watch this.

The way Oregon has been raising taxes no buddy will be able to afford ammo .

I'm going to Sporting Systems for their free class, but only if I can fill out the form in Crayon. I'd like to treat that state requirement with the respect it deserves.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top