JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate to say it (well I don't), but I shoot nothing but rifle primers in all my small pistol primer guns just for logistics. Pew!
You can't do that though (and it'd be a silly Band-Aid, if that, if it "helped" anyway) since large rifle is different than large pistol.
I'm trying to help!

So, is there a proceed-from-here?
I think he may well be a savant. Miracle worker? We'll see. If someone has multiple parted out what we're talking about.. respect. (I'm just a simple observer and didn't mean to taint anything under the sun and don't know the Velzey from Adam).
I'd go all Velzey for some reason.

Ok do this, slip a round in the chamber and allow it to lock up. Can you slip a feeler gauge down between the base of the round and the breach face?

Also can you measure the locking lug width and the locking lug recess width? They lock together. I want to know how much play there is between them...

I will prepare my trebuchet for a Wyoming Arms launch.....

Ok do this, slip a round in the chamber and allow it to lock up. Can you slip a feeler gauge down between the base of the round and the breach face?

I don't have feeler gauges - best of my ability with micrometer 0.018

Also can you measure the locking lug width and the locking lug recess width? They lock together. I want to know how much play there is between them...

Barrel 0.138 - slide 0.163

Do you own Glocks already ?

I don't - in fact, the first time I held a Glock I absolutely hated it (love the grip on Walther's P99, TP9 is nearly identical)!

Truth is, I've developed a bit of a 'thing' for the 10mm, and a Glock w/ LW or KKM seems to be the ONLY sub $1,800 option.

So I'm sure I'll learn to love it :)

This, of course, doesn't detract in any way my desire to get the Parker running 'safe & reliable'.

As unlikely as that is...

Whatever the outcome - huge thanks to those who contributed! It's been educational and fun, and I actually hope the process continues!

Well, that's that I suppose :(

I guess I could shadow-box the Parker, have Impulse Buy stenciled on the glass, and mount it on the wall above my monitor.

Screw that! Trebuchet!

We could YouTube-ize it being hurled into some other place :D

I don't - in fact, the first time I held a Glock I absolutely hated it (love the grip on Walther's P99, TP9 is nearly identical)!

Truth is, I've developed a bit of a 'thing' for the 10mm, and a Glock w/ LW or KKM seems to be the ONLY sub $1,800 option.

So I'm sure I'll learn to love it :)
You are crossing the same bridge a s I once did....

The way they feel don't bother me at all , for me it was the trigger. I grew up on single actions and I really had to work to shoot my only Glock well......

I fully respect them and have seen stellar shooting done with them

I went with the 29....it's a little transformer Ishoot it sometimes with g20 mags , a few companies make extended barrels for it if a guy wanted more velocity

I fell good with it now but had seriouse remorse at first, if it wasn't in 10mm I would have offed it instantly.......really glad I didn't now

It's just drop dead strong , accurate enough

I found my 29 was way under sprung for full go 10.....solid 15 yard ejection and they landed in a 10 yard diameter circle, at least the ones that didn't bounce off of my forehead.....I hated that gun

21 lbs recoil spring and the $.25 trigger job made a world of change for the better....plus I learned the trigger pull/reset

Good luck !

Here is the only 10mm I own as of now...I just stole this pic off the net. To lazy to get mine out....
Accurate 10mm, I am impressed!

Para Ord Hunter
para 10.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA