JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't - in fact, the first time I held a Glock I absolutely hated it (love the grip on Walther's P99, TP9 is nearly identical)!

Truth is, I've developed a bit of a 'thing' for the 10mm, and a Glock w/ LW or KKM seems to be the ONLY sub $1,800 option.

So I'm sure I'll learn to love it :)

Well, there's Armscor/RIA 1911 10mm for less than $1800, S&W 610 revolver, and used S&W 10xx generally are less. Even the new SIG P200 10mm is only $1429 MSRP and you can probably get it for around $1200. I'm looking at the RIA Rock Ultra FS HC for my next one. Not sure on pricing but it's 1911, full-sized, and 'high-cap' which makes its standard capacity between 13-16 (don't remember exactly).

While there appears to be problems with the OP's gun, one thing bothered me that I've not seen any talk about.
Unless its just plinking ammo, I don't mix cases. If the loads are getting on the hotter side, I've seen enough variation in larger cases than the 10mm to push a load that is safe in one brand of case to over max in another.

I, too, hope you are able to fix the gun. Never like to throw things away myself.

I quoted $1,800 due to STI's ability to handle hotter loads, and other 1911 platform guns inability to do so - based on limited reading, so I don't know the validity of that information.

S&W 10xx - I will own one :D

I see the G20 as the start to a healthy 10mm collection :)

Now, to convince the wife...

While there appears to be problems with the OP's gun, one thing bothered me that I've not seen any talk about.
Unless its just plinking ammo, I don't mix cases. If the loads are getting on the hotter side, I've seen enough variation in larger cases than the 10mm to push a load that is safe in one brand of case to over max in another.

I, too, hope you are able to fix the gun. Never like to throw things away myself.

Thanks for the input orygun, it's appreciated.

I think enough investigation's been done that it's certainly (mostly) a gun issue.

I have a burning desire to tinker with the firing pin length, a few thousandths at a time...

Your gtg, bang for the buck, you simply can not beat the Golck 20/29.....I'm an OG hater, I tried to find my way around it .....but I would never spend 4 figures on any handgun, don't care what it does or how it looks doing it

I would never spend 4 figures on any handgun, don't care what it does or how it looks doing it

Ya know, I'm a bit of a tight wad myself. However, I've owned a handful of 4 figure handguns. One thing on the positive side is they maintain their value. Another is they are "usually" better fitted, functioning and accurate than the lower dollar guns. Usually.

Problem solved! The Parker just needed a coat of flat black!

gen4g20_zps0xndejgp.jpg

Trigger job & KKN 6" barrel and I'll be good to go :)

That's one way to solve the problem!!

Should have done that in the first place....;)

And miss all the fun I had with the Parker!

Oh, you mean paint it black :D

Seriously, thanks to you, and others, for all your help!

It was an educational, worthwhile process :)

That's not a pressure load OP, this is a pressure load.

These are test loads only done in a testing environment. Not exactly safe. More over we were trying to test the rifles capability. Rifle held up fine.

14g 800x 180fmj 1.25oal

Chrono'd @ 1789fps on a 3 shot average out of a 16" barrel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158516.136763.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158533.899909.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434158533.899909.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR