JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a second hand die set for .30-06 with two seating dies. One looks like a normal seating die the other says RCBS Hot Shot 44. Anyone knows what it is about? I can't find any info on it or even if it for a .30-06.
It is also shorter than the standard seating die by at least 1/2"
Thanks in advance.

20180923071713-3973.jpg

look here for more info

Thanks for the reply however it is information on the die below I'm after.
I THINK it is for my .30-06 as it looks the same as the other seating die but I can't find anything about it.
Cheers,

Seating #1.jpg Seating #2.jpg

The die you are posting pictures of are the Hot Shot. I think @edzz hit it on the head with his comment.
It's surely not for a 30-06.
I emailed RCBS and they stated they have never stamped dies with Hot shot 44 and have asked for pics, maybe a super rare one off? I'll post their reply when I find out more.

The die you are posting pictures of are the Hot Shot. I think @edzz hit it on the head with his comment.
It's surely not for a 30-06.

edzz was correct, many thanks.

From RCBS:
"The die stamped "44 Hot Shot" is actually what looks to be a custom made die for a customer at some point back in the 80s or before. Unfortunately I believe this to be a Seating die for a cartridge called "44 Hot Shot" which is not a wildcat or anything we make, thus making it most likely custom."

Anyone interested in it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads