JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Note his index finger is on the slide. I couldn't imagine shooting this way, limp wristing is probably a common issue.

I also note he's using his left hand - if it was his right, his index finger would be right over the ejection port - that sure wouldn't feel great.

Ah, my bad. I think its obvious I don't watch the show often. Only enough to notice a few incidents with the guns being used wrong.

No worries, I kind of figured as much. For reference, this is a wolf:

twdwolf-154668.jpg

I shoot quit often using my middle finger, depends on the firearm. I have hurt my index finger a few times and very protective of it these days. Some AK triggers slap hard and will make it hurt for weeks..

I shoot quit often using my middle finger, depends on the firearm. I have hurt my index finger a few times and very protective of it these days. Some AK triggers slap hard and will make it hurt for weeks..

So do you do that with pistols and rifles? On the pistols, do you find it awkward?

Funny, my middle finger is painful now due to working pretty hard all week with a grinder at work.
It actually locks closed sometimes because of the tendon. Perhaps this guy has a similar problem with his trigger finger.

Funny, my middle finger is painful now due to working pretty hard all week with a grinder at work.
It actually locks closed sometimes because of the tendon. Perhaps this guy has a similar problem with his trigger finger.
That's what that condition is actually called.. "trigger finger".. medical term. Hopefully it'll go away but it's an easy fix if it doesn't.

Your first clue should have been that it's a show about zombies;).... If you suspend reality for their existence, then new gat techniques open an whole new universe of Hollyweird absurdity.

One day I might start from show 1, but not today, not today.

Brutus Out

This is the first season I haven't watched. But I am recording it and maybe attempt to watch it later. It gave my wife too much anxiety.
I just hate the suspense and drama.
From day one these people should have learned, kill whoever you meet.
If you don't know them, kill them.
Glen, now Daryl. Not killing these people comes back to bite you every time.

I shoot like this exclusively, of course my finger rests below the slide and my 1911 link pin had a cannuler and a slip ring in place to keep the pin in place (embarrassing disassembly during firing otherwise). The Glock is a Godsend for those of us ALT Right shooters.
If you have never tried Point Shooting, never realized just how natural it is then now, while looking at your Puter screen, point your finger at the light switch outside of your line of sight. Your finger is nearly perfectly aligned, isn't it?o_O

This is the first season I haven't watched. But I am recording it and maybe attempt to watch it later. It gave my wife too much anxiety.
I just hate the suspense and drama.
From day one these people should have learned, kill whoever you meet.
If you don't know them, kill them.
Glen, now Daryl. Not killing these people comes back to bite you every time.

My wife won't watch it. She's always telling me "there's no such thing as zombies", to which I always reply "well of course not.......yet" ;) I think it's pretty funny because the reason she doesn't like it is because it's "gross" and bloody. This from a woman who loves the show Vikings, among others, that shed as much blood and have just as much violence. I think she may just be prejudiced against zombies :p

I don't know how many folks here still follow the Walking Dead, but I'm still on board with the show. This week a scene came up with a guy pulling a gun on Daryl, and while it was a surprise that he was caught unaware, what really caught my attention was how the guy was gripping the pistol - with his middle finger on the trigger. Here is a photo:

View attachment 285674

I've not seen anyone do this before, and I can't think there would be any benefit, rather it would likely make it much more difficult to shoot the gun. I don't know why he's doing this - I was trying to see if maybe his trigger finger was cut off or wounded, but it appears intact.

I guess at some point in the past, someone suggested this might be a possibly useful technique as it left you pointing your finger at the target while using your middle finger to pull the trigger. From what little searching I did, it sounds like it was a no go for anyone that tried it.

Aside from the grip, it appears, from the angle of the photo that he's holding at such an angle/elevation that he wouldn't be able to see the sights. Reminds me a bit of the 'gangsta' style hold where they not only turn the gun 90 degrees, but also hold it up high while they bust a cap in their rival members ;)

Anyway, I just thought it was curious and wondered why they chose to go this route.
darrel shoulda killed him. just sayin

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top