JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Nope, I would not trust it. But once it is available, the anti's will pass laws requiring it on all firearms. They tried in the past, but none existed so they could not require it.

Get out of the shower, be cold or dehydrated and see how well a fingerprint scanner works.

I wouldn't own a safe with one so I sure a bubblegume won't own a gun that uses it.

These companies aren't doing the public any favors with this nonsense.

The authoritarians have already been trying to legislate "smart" gun technology, even before it exists. In fact I believe CA has laws on the books that basically activate as soon as the tech is available.

Nope, I would not trust it. But once it is available, the anti's will pass laws requiring it on all firearms. They tried in the past, but none existed so they could not require it.
The ultimate form of gun control.... firearms that can be tracked by electronic surveillance 24/7 and the gooberment can deactivate at will.

What it will do in places like kalifederation is get them to pass a law that all firearms added to the registry be equipped with this BS.

What really needs to happen is to "cancel" this company. If no one will buy it (you can bet LE offices and gooberment agencies won't be) they will just dry up and the tech will die off. Right up until they alphabet makes a rule they are required or face a felony, that is.

I wouldn't trust the tech and I certainly wouldn't trust a firearm equipped with all that sensitive electronic crap. Nothing but failure points.

Here's the things, there's hundreds of different gun models with different firing controls, it's virtually impossible to make one for every model.

Here's the things, there's hundreds of different gun models with different firing controls, it's virtually impossible to make one for every model.
I watched that vid with few skip aheads... and that isn't possible to even do. It's proprietary from the ground up so... it is what it is and not at all adaptable to any other platform.

Having watched nearly all.. I can now say... not only "no thank you, but bubblegum NO!".

I understand what they are going for. I understand the niche market they are targetting, but when it's time for the lead to hit the meat... I would never bet my life on an unproven, built from the ground up, electronic signal servo firing mechanism running off 12 different circuit boards and a battery. Some of the other aspects were not even covered.. like... can it actually hit anything with any accuracy, destruction testing, mag reliability, etc etc.

In the live fire demo with a couple 10rd mags.... it failed... but he brushed it off as a non production model that "they'll have all the kinks worked out when it's released to the public in 2 months".

My main issue. There are firearms mfg's that have decades of experience on hundred year old+ technology that they still struggle with reliability with each new model/gen. What makes anyone think someone is going to re-invent nearly every aspect of a firearm from the ground up.. based on wholly new and proprietary design... and expect it's actually going to perform reliably right out of the gate?

Nah.... not me. ;)

Remember that neodymium ring the user would wear that would pull an internal safety switch off inside a revolver?
Probably not unless you're old. It was featured in 60 minutes in the late 1970's as a end-all gun safety device. The designers wanted to have it put on all handguns (handguns were the "evil weapons" of the day much like "assault rifles" are presently)
Anyway, the 60 minutes infomercial was the last anyone heard of it.

You can program mulitple users, but they didn't say how many.
I'm of the era that was told computers were going to make life sooo much better. I'm sure in some aspects they have but in general I'd say maybe not. It sure seems like handing some cash money for a purchase and getting change counted back was easier and faster than insert card, the other way, ok lets try swiping, club card or phone number so they can track my purchases and finally would you like cash back and what's your super secret pin number.

Nope, I ain't buying into programing my guns, no way, no shape or form. What happens when they get a sun spot, glitch or something like they decide you've shot enough rounds this month and the turn the gun off.

Remember that neodymium ring the user would wear that would pull an internal safety switch off inside a revolver?
Probably not unless you're old. It was featured in 60 minutes in the late 1970's as a end-all gun safety device. The designers wanted to have it put on all handguns (handguns were the "evil weapons" of the day much like "assault rifles" are presently)
Anyway, the 60 minutes infomercial was the last anyone heard of it.
Pretty much to date... all attempts have had mechanical linkages that are easily bypassable. This monstosity doesn't... but what do they say? Anything electronic is hackable.

The other angle to that is... what else is built into it that they don't want anyone to know about? All those electronics... is it trackable? Can it be shut down? Is it hardened against electronic interference of every kind?

Probably we won't know until they are on the market and someone.. or a group of someones... start picking apart the electronics to discover what it's really all about. Not just what the MFG wants you to believe.

I get it though. For a nightstand ready firearm that is secure from tampering or theft... it's a noble idea, but you can't forget it's purpose. To be 100% reliable in a moment when you absolutely need a firearm.

I kind of have to wonder too. Are they going to pass new laws and legislation to exempt that one particular handgun from safe storage laws... or you're still going to get nailed simply because it's still a firearm?

I can see too that under normal circumstances maybe I don't want my minor child having access to it, but then again... all my children knew how to shoot from a young age and if I were disabled, not at home or they were closer to it than I was... in that paticular moment... I would most certainly want them to be able to pick it up and pull the trigger.

Industry can't even make auto window and door-lock activators that function reliably beyond a few years. Who'd buy a firearm that would work (maybe) for a couple of years, and then almost certainly - but without forewarning - become intermittent? (It'd bring new meaning to "hit or miss" operation. ;) )

I can see it now.. "For sale, comes with hand".

Yippee

First ask yourself how that technology is working on your cell phone. If your phone is like my iPhone, it is not 100% reliable to even open the phone without having to input a pass code instead.

On a firearm? Hard pass!

Dogsheet idea. Ian has a video on the one that used to have a wristwatch that if you weren't wearing it woudl not fire. It was a massive failure, as this one will be imo. I'll try to find video.

Edit: found videos on it

I also noticed he has a video on this new dogsheet gun:

I didn't watch the video on the new gun but it looks really similar to that old one. Maybe same company?

Last Edited:
My "BIG FEAR/CONCERN" would be that........

Some ambulance chasing lawyer(s) might/will probably think that once a "biometric safety gun" is made.....all others without the device would be thought to be "unsafe". Humm.......maybe even, requiring that ALL new firearms have the new feature/technology.

Rrrrrright.......*the CA legislature requires "micro stamping." So why not add a "biometric safety feature" to get on their "approved handgun list" too. Passing laws to make living in CA (if not the world) a SAFER place. Oh so noble and smart. Rrrrrright....... The CA legislature can tell us mere mortals, what's a GOOD/SAFE firearm. Cough, cough.

Perhaps, they should have started by legislating away STUPIDITY?

Anyway, after the "biometric safety gun" is recongnized as the latest and greatest invention since sliced bread.........just sit back and watch the frivoulous laws suits come in.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........Note about micro stamping in CA.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top