JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
*Curious side-question. Has anyone else ever called break-action shotguns "break-knee" shotguns?
I've never herd of nor used that term, but I totally understood what you meant. The problem with the term, technically, is that even a firm ram of the action against one's knee would not open the action unless and until the opener lever is actuated at the same time, right? And a well-used break-action shotgun wouldn't even require it to be rammed against one's knee to open, if the lever is being firmly actuated with the support hand in front of the break.

Also the walkiing dead is a cool show. I have watched it since the beginning. I like the oopsies or incorrect handling that you see. It lends in the beginning some credibility to the fact that not all the sheep die off and actually some do survive. This season has been my favorite so far. The cliffhanger for the season finale is good also. But I am off point for the discussion.

I'm not sure that's as bad as an episode of "Under the Dome," where a guy racks a shotgun and is pointing it at his dad during his monologue, then when his dad says something that peeved him off, he racks the shotgun [again]. LOL

Or, like an episode of Longmire where you HEAR a guy rack a shotgun, then when they show the guy, he's holding a break-knee shotgun*. hehe

*Curious side-question. Has anyone else ever called break-action shotguns "break-knee" shotguns? That's what I've always called it and was just curious if that was an actual proper or commonly used term, so I looked it up and found break-action, which makes sense, but curious if anyone else uses, has used, and at least heard of them being called that before, or if somehow that got in my head years ago and no one has ever mentioned it or told me I was wrong before. (No one has ever asked me "huh? what's a break-knee shotgun? or acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, or even looked confused...)
My late father-in-law worked as a police officer in Erie, PA many years ago, and I was a deputy sheriff in southern Arizona, and he never got that the difference in police work between PA and AZ thirty or more years apart, but we used the term patrol car, and he called it a cruiser car, and I have heard squad car, radio car, cruiser, and more, depending on regional differences. Perhaps break-knee shotgun is a term used in some parts of the country for what I call a break action shotgun. Good post, food for thought.

I do hate cliff hangers though. I'm impatient and do get a bit of anxiety watching because I've gotten invested in the characters.

I still haven't watched this last half of the season. I'm not sure I want to get so invested again.

Well, if you hate cliff hangers, then maybe wait to watch the last half of this season until the next season has an episode or two out in the wild. This one was probably the cliffyist cliff hanger that ever hung on a cliff for this show. LOL

Side note: Until the post below can be directly updated. The post two down from this one may contain some spoiler information on the season finale for TWD. You might read the post directly below this one, but might not want to go much further if you wan't to avoid any possible spoilers. I'll update this "side note," if the spoiler post(s) gets updated with a spoiler tag of some kind. :)

Last Edited:
I seem to recall that point shooting is just basically practicing reactionary shooting where you just point the gun and shoot, instead of trying to take the time to line up the sites properly. Mostly used when the assailant is close and reaction time is critical.

Yes, that's how we define "point shooting" for self defense shooting. Too many people have been trained by paper target shooting (slow, aimed fire), or defense coaches that mantra "front sight, front sight, front sight".

The technique of point shooting is controversial among trainers. However, logically it stands to reason that over-reliance on using the sights costs you time and can get you killed when split seconds count. This does NOT mean you spray and pray!

Try this: at 1' or less you block to the neck or face with a forearm while turning the gun side away (for retention) then draw and hip shoot with strong hand only; at 3' or less you draw and shoot from the hip or belly with strong hand only (really, you can't miss!); between 3' and 7/10'+- you point shoot with two hand grip (looking over the top of the barrel w/o using the sights (it's very quick and accurate at that distance; between 7/10' and 30/40' you use the sights with two hand grip; and over 30/40' you find another place to be. Too, you always remember a person can close the distance of 21' and stab you just about before you can draw and aim. Instinct shooting is valuable!!!

Ya gotta practice this stuff. It's called instinctual shooting but you really need the muscle memory of having done it in practice. You think heart surgeons just muddle thru their first ever procedure?!! Teach your wife, friends, relatives, shooting buds, etc.

I didn't know there was another definition of point shooting. Ha!

Last Edited:
I think it was Michonne. I think that's why Negan told a henchman to cut out Carl's other eye if Rick made any moves. Why else would Rick try anything. I assume Negan's intel let him know who Michonne was to Rick.

What do y'all think?

I think it was Michonne. I think that's why Negan told a henchman to cut out Carl's other eye if Rick made any moves. Why else would Rick try anything. I assume Negan's intel let him know who Michonne was to Rick.

What do y'all think?

Hard to say. They said they filmed it in such a way as to not give it away, but they said there were a few 'clues'. Based on my review, I think he's over on the side where Daryl and Glenn are located. My top guesses, in order of likelihood:

1. Abraham - he had a weird bromance with Eugene and they had a pretty touching goodbye earlier - which sounded kind of final to me - plus he was starting to look to the future, not a good sign in this world. He's also tough and would have 'took it' after that first blow, but then all of them are pretty tough.

2. Sasha - about to start something with Abraham, also tough and would carry some fan sadness

3. Glenn - the comics say he's the one that dies here, but they've departed from the comics before. I think his relationship with Maggie is too well liked to cut it off now. But it could be him.

4. Daryl - unlikely given the number of people that would abandon the show. But some clues such as him recently selling his house near Atlanta have some folks wondering. I think it's unlikely, but nonetheless, he could still be one.

I guess in 6 months we'll find out if any of those theories hold out.

[Possible TWD SPOILER INFO below.]

What do y'all think?
CHLChris. Interesting question, but you might want to let people know this post may contain spoiler info for people who haven't watched the season finale (e.g. they don't even know the group gets captured). :)

Back to your question. Maybe... I believe he knew that Rick was the leader, but he didn't seem to know that Carl was his son immediately. I think he saw the family resemblance, but didn't know before, so I'm not sure if he'd know about Rick and Michonne. I just assumed he mentioned cutting Carl's other eye out to keep the leader of the group in line, and likely everyone else, knowing that Rick would not be happy if anyone else was responsible for Carl being completely blind... The first person that comes to mind to me might be maybe Abraham, as possibly the one who looks physically the strongest, and thus the biggest possible physical threat... I'll have to think more on that, but that's what came to mind. :)

I just don't want to start a whole new thread to talk about these musings.

Thank you @etrain16 for the dispensation :D to drift. Your #4 above, about Daryl selling his Atlanta house possibly meaning something, I doubt has any significance. The pattern of this show is that the actors know nothing until they receive their script for the upcoming episode. I highly doubt that any of the actors even know yet who was Lucille's target. I bet they're all looking at each other and wondering, maybe even texting each other on theories.

Lastly, @Skier , Why would anyone be on the 4th page of this thread if they weren't so into the show that they either watched the last episode live or ran to their DVR on Monday or Tuesday? This whole thread is a spoiler.

I highly doubt that any of the actors even know yet who was Lucille's target. I bet they're all looking at each other and wondering, maybe even texting each other on theories.

You're probably right on about that. Watching the TD after the show, both actors seemed to confirm that they didn't know who it was - and that would be a wise decision considering if someone slipped that info out, it would be bad. So yeah, they likely won't know until they start shooting season 7.

Lastly, @Skier , Why would anyone be on the 4th page of this thread if they weren't so into the show that they either watched the last episode live or ran to their DVR on Monday or Tuesday? This whole thread is a spoiler.

LOL, well, I'm definitely a fan, but sometimes somethings come up and I can't watch it Sunday night, so I'm just trying to be respectful of others who might be fans, but for whatever reason, might have missed the last episode, and adding a spoiler warning is so little effort. :-D Clearconscience even said above "I still haven't watched this last half of the season," so, I just figured it would be nice. I would have been a little frustrated if I accidentally read something that I didn't want to know. I even stop reading part of a comment above that started to talk about what did or didn't happen in the comics. I know they diverge from the comics at times, but still, in case they didn't, I don't want to know. ;-) I didn't think a pic of a guy holding a gun in an odd fashion was much of a spoiler (more of a funny thing to watch for), but when we started talking about the end of the last episode, it started feeling a little spoilerish, so I figured I'd mention it. :)

Actually, using the middle finger to pull the trigger and the index finger to point the gun was a CIA train tactic prior to the cold war. It was used in very close assassinations... spy stuff!

Only read the first page of posts so This my have been covered but...
In one of the first episodes the guy tells him to remember to take the safety of his gun.
-- the gun is a glock and the guy basicly flicks the slide release like it's a safety switch

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top