JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friends and a member here lost their house around Mill City /Lyons area last night. From what she is saying things just exploded last night and the fire damage is horrible. From what I have heard the whole Ginger Bread house area off of hwy 22 is pretty much gone. Not 100 confirmed yet.

View looking Southeast

A83253ED-73CC-4FD4-85A8-95248DF0073B.jpeg

Interesting.. Our shop is right near KSLE.. I saw a large Sikorsky helicopter a couple of hours ago (I believe it was an S-61). Where there any larger aircraft, like Electras, Neptunes, or DC-4/DC-6?
It's all rotor wing stuff right now, the bigger tankers are staging from Sisters/Redmond still, hitting it from the east! the National Guard rampped up the "Pinks" to the full 8 birds, with two on standy and two more being made ready! All fuel bowsers are pre positioning to the east, with 4 here to supply the fleet!
There are two big SkyCranes and a new Super Puma, as well as 4 or 5 UH-1 series here!

Been hot and dry for so long, We didn't need the fierce winds to whip things up. Prayers for those in the path of these fires and well as those who have the task of fighting them. Stay alert, stay safe, things change rapidly.

We just received a call...My cousins live across the road from Promontory Park on the Clackamas...They were just told get out now! I keep viewing the interactive map. I don't see a new fire, but the Beachie Creek fire is 18 miles away.

Update...And this evening, with little more information, it seems the Riverside Fire is the cause of their evacuation.

Last Edited:
We are loaded up and ready. Closest fire to us is maybe 20 miles, but we live in the VERY DRY woods south of Eugene, about halfway up a 2000' mountain. If anything starts here it will go quick.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top