JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Monday I was instant in a purchase. Last Thursday, I was #11,000 or so out of supposed ~23K, another purchase today put me in the 8,000 range.
At Cut Above today, the clerk said that the system estimated May 3rd, but she said "you'll likely go faster than that." Who knows.

I'm starting a gofund me so I can start buying guns to hopefully get delayed on a BGC and file as a plaintiff on whatever lawsuit comes along... I have tried multiple times since BM114 passed and get an instant every time, hence I have run out of funds. You can support me in the link below.

Two Sundays ago got an instant, last Sunday got an instant, today got two instants. My unique last name seems to be the ticket, as well as a clean record and CHL possibly.
I'm fairly positive there are not very many people in Oregon with my last name and I was put at back of the line, 20k+, at Cascade farm and outdoor. Had my chl since 2016.

Did you hand them your CHL or your drivers license?
I showed them both but the salesman used my driver's license because "they can pull up your chl from your driver's license." Though I'd prefer them to just used my chl.

When I bought my last 2 guns and 2 lower receivers, all separate purchases, in 2022 I just used driver's license and went to front of line due to having chl. But apparently they no longer do that since m114 went through.

I was always instant approval until this month. I was placed at #6,000 in line 2 weeks ago. Is it true the processing rate has slowed down? Oregon is probably slow rolling all BGCs now.
I only hand the gun shop my CHL. It's my current always up to date government issued ID. From what I started picking up on a few months ago with CHL holders getting dumped in the cue, I only buy from dealers that release in 3 days. I've been auto approved from as far back as it didn't matter. The first time it was mentioned (eons ago) the gun shop employee acted like I was some kind of god and he yelled across the store with excitement that I was auto approved. I was like what's it matter when I applied for instant background check anyways. lol It wasn't until the covid buying panic that the auto approvals started to pay off. I have yet to get tossed in the cue.

I was always instant approval until this month. I was placed at #6,000 in line 2 weeks ago. Is it true the processing rate has slowed down? Oregon is probably slow rolling all BGCs now.
I've been told that if you normally get an instant, you will always get an instant. My guess is that they typed something in wrong. For example, my ODL has my middle initial as opposed to the full name, with the full name it goes to que, but with the initial, it's an instant.

I've been told that if you normally get an instant, you will always get an instant. My guess is that they typed something in wrong. For example, my ODL has my middle initial as opposed to the full name, with the full name it goes to que, but with the initial, it's an instant.
Yes, that is probably the case. I made the purchase at a big box store on SE 82nd Ave and I suspect the kid that entered the transaction made a typo. He was typing into the computer before I even finished the electronic 4473. This will be the last time I ever buy from a "Warehouse".

I am a lot happier buying from a LGS or even Bi-Mart. They get it right every time.

I don't know if that is true, I've bought alot of guns from the shop I recently bought my most recent from. Everyone before this one was an instant. This last one I was thrown into the que and have been waiting 5 weeks so far.

Sold and transferred 3 guns in 2 weeks now...

Buyers all picked up their firearms after just 5 days.

Do you always get an instant?
Yes, heck I have a CHL, Class 06 FFL and have been vetted 7 ways from Sunday. Everything from being in the Navy to being a recently retired Federal Employee. To say they know who I am and where I live would be an understatement. Every firearm purchase up till now has been instant. I think my purchase this time was on a busy day or bad computer day where they threw all BGC's in the que and so I sit.

I know from the Rickreall show this last weekend that your NAME has a lot to do with the approval.
We had a customer with the last name in which there are only 20 in the U.S.
So yes, he was an instant approval.
I'm thinking of changing mine to;
Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr.

And with that I will never have to wait again!

Yes, heck I have a CHL, Class 06 FFL and have been vetted 7 ways from Sunday. Everything from being in the Navy to being a recently retired Federal Employee. To say they know who I am and where I live would be an understatement. Every firearm purchase up till now has been instant. I think my purchase this time was on a busy day or bad computer day where they threw all BGC's in the que and so I sit.
I'll bet the clerk typed something in wrong.

I've had a CHL for over 20 years and have always been instant, purchased last week at Mazama and was placed in the que.
Picked up my purchase after the "three day" release and made another purchase and was 8K in the que.

I know from the Rickreall show this last weekend that your NAME has a lot to do with the approval.
We had a customer with the last name in which there are only 20 in the U.S.
So yes, he was an instant approval.
I'm thinking of changing mine to;
Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr.

And with that I will never have to wait again!
The guys at the table across from me at Recreall got an instant on Sunday. I believe they were from the Tillamook area.

ETA: a friend of mine was told by Sportsman's that his would take at least 6-8 weeks on the gun he bought from them. His wait a Tick Licker a few weeks ago was 5 days. Has a lot to do with how the FFL handles it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews