JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a new handgun and was 5,000 plus in line for approval. Could be weeks or a months the way this is headed.

Reminds me of waiting for my papers to get a Full Auto, it went from 90 days to over a year wait.

You know they have plenty of computers and people to do the bc if they wanted to get them done.

However yall wouldn't learn a lesson if everything actually worked right. :s0140:

Oregon could easily contract out with other states to do the bc.

Seriously guys this has been going on for 9 months. A constant backlog of just paperwork and they just don't care if they get it done I guess. Next time you hear "instant check" just realize what a lie it is and know the next promise made will be just as big of a lie.

The trick these days is to ask your FFL if they will call in your background check in the evening. I filled out the form on a tuesday afternoon and got a call from my FFL the next morning saying I was approved. The one before this one was computer entered, went into the que and took 6 weeks to clear. That was in February.

And I think we still have not discovered the full secret to all this. And/or the secret still does not apply equally to everybody.

I have a unique name. I use a full middle name. I have a CHL.

Until very recently, I have never been delayed in any way.

Then just a month ago, I made a purchase and was placed in the queue. I was shocked.

But then the dealer was notified just minutes later, I was approved.o_O

I have a unique last name, full middle name on license and chl, have a cdl w/real id but since 114 last year get thrown in queue every time.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again, my bet is that the FFL put someone in wrong on the online form, or maybe when used your middle initial. Multiple FFLs have told me that if you get an instant, they should all be instant.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, my bet is that the FFL put someone in wrong on the online form, or maybe when used your middle initial. Multiple FFLs have told me that if you get an instant, they should all be instant.
I think my situation my be one of two things. My chl I have height as 6'1" at 190lbs, dl is 6'00" at 180.

Or it is because I have a cousin in California with same exact name and spelling who is a loser with several run ins with the law.

I'm not convinced. I've bought a lot of guns over the years, and never had to wait, even during the heights of Covid. I've bought three since last December, and each one was thrown to the back of the line. I've heard this same story from a lot of people. Maybe FFL mistakes are rampant now, where they never made them before, but that seems unlikely.

Now I don't know if I was ever truly "instant". There was always a few minutes wait. Apparently some people have instantaneous approval; I didn't know that was even a thing until recently, so maybe it's different for those who are on the mysterious instant list.

I'm not convinced. I've bought a lot of guns over the years, and never had to wait, even during the heights of Covid. I've bought three since last December, and each one was thrown to the back of the line. I've heard this same story from a lot of people. Maybe FFL mistakes are rampant now, where they never made them before, but that seems unlikely.

Now I don't know if I was ever truly "instant". There was always a few minutes wait. Apparently some people have instantaneous approval; I didn't know that was even a thing until recently, so maybe it's different for those who are on the mysterious instant list.
If it was longer than pressing enter and having an approval, then you weren't instant.

I think its luck at this point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads