JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started at around 3100 4 days ago. Yesterday I was in the same shop for something unrelated and they said "hey, your up to 2100". Things are moving slower than ever during this craziness. Interesting times indeed.

Was told around 5-6 days yesterday when I filled out my form for my new Alpine Green B&T TP9. I didn't even bother asking where the number was. Must have been too sad to not be walking out without my sweet green Swiss Miss . . .

If you got a CHL, clean record and no one else has your name.. its immediate.
I can say that's not true, with a reasonable degree of certainty. If I websearch my name I only find some professor on the east coast, and the middle names don't match, so pretty unique. I have a CHL, and a clean record, and am a stamp collector.

I can say that's not true, with a reasonable degree of certainty. If I websearch my name I only find some professor on the east coast, and the middle names don't match, so pretty unique. I have a CHL, and a clean record, and am a stamp collector.
That is interesting. I know a few folks.. same factors as mine all instant passes as well. Your situation though, very odd.
Stamp collecting and a CHL are usually the two huge factors that speed this all up.

So its gotta be those factors.. or some office clerk running these checks really likes me :s0114:

I had to wait 5 days for my .270, got a clean record, a CC permit, a class 06 FFL, two honorable discharges, used to have a CDL, have coffee once a month with the local deputies as part of the neighborhood watch and have bought several firearms in the last couple months. In other words they know me. Still got to wait on every one.

Last Edited:
I have a CHL and have never been denied or delayed but it still took 4 business days about a week and a half ago. The shop says I was number 2000 and something in the que. I've also been told by the state police that having varying .gov /.doe clearances doesn't mean squat because that's a totally different database. Others are also reporting delay length seems to depend on the day of the week and sales for the last few days.

Walked out with my Henry about 20 minutes after it was submitted Wednesday. Been really lucky. Others have said the wait has been a week or more. Bimart was all done on a tablet rather than the paper forms. Is that a factor?

Last Edited:
Bought a couple of rifles on Wednesday of last week and I was somewhere over 3400 in line. I have a clean record and was told Monday or Tuesday of this coming week.

Yesterday it was instant for me. CHL holder, stamp collector, clean record.

Question: Those that are the same as me above, but had to wait, did you change addresses recently or since your last purchase?

Yesterday it was instant for me. CHL holder, stamp collector, clean record.

Question: Those that are the same as me above, but had to wait, did you change addresses recently or since your last purchase?
Changed addresses 5 years ago - everything should have been updated by now.

over the last two months Ive purchased 3 firearms. All instant passes.
That would be me but I'm still out there in the ether. I've got it all, very unique name, squeaky clean and CHL. No soup for you (me).

over the last two months Ive purchased 3 firearms. All instant passes.
Bullplop. I meet an those requirements and was still 3600 or so in line a while back. This most recent one, thank heavens, was back to normal instant. Was a sizeable purchase I was really, REALLY wanting to shoot

Bullplop. I meet an those requirements and was still 3600 or so in line a while back. This most recent one, thank heavens, was back to normal instant. Was a sizeable purchase I was really, REALLY wanting to shoot
May be for you.. but for me, literally any and all purchases mid-day for me have gone through recently. The cue was even high, FFL warns me I still passed instantly.

So its gotta be: Clean record, Stamp holder, CHL and no one with my exact name (with a record in the state). YMMV but Im only saying this due to the personal results.

Im not a lucky man.. no way I keep hitting perfect windows and getting a pass while others wait.. So there has to be contributing factors such as the ones Im listing. Otherwise gun-Jesus or an office clerk really really like me.

If I can find a 5906 for a decent price Ill purchase it and report the results here soon.

That would be me but I'm still out there in the ether. I've got it all, very unique name, squeaky clean and CHL. No soup for you (me).
That is a bummer! If we all have the same stats then there should be logic to this such as the listed factors.. and we should all have instant approval but a few have echoed that this just isnt the case. Which is perplexing.

At this point I dont want to jinx myself!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top