JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got an instant approval yesterday. Lady entering the info said she had not gotten an instant in a day or two and was glad to see it could still happen.

I thought by now we'd be back to instant checks. Really makes it hard to buy Used guns from someone that's an hour plus drive away if it's not instant.

We need to lobby for background checks to run through the national system and not go through state police.

Two weeks ago I waited about 10 minutes. This past Friday(8-14-20) I sold one and the other person waited about 20 minutes. I am convinced that it goes faster if you have an Oregon CHL. Frequent flyers may get bumped to the top, also.

Two weeks ago I waited about 10 minutes. This past Friday(8-14-20) I sold one and the other person waited about 20 minutes. I am convinced that it goes faster if you have an Oregon CHL. Frequent flyers may get bumped to the top, also.

I am a frequent flyer and have a CHL. I filled out the 4473 last Friday and still nothing Tuesday evening. I was 2400 when it was entered.

I thought by now we'd be back to instant checks. Really makes it hard to buy Used guns from someone that's an hour plus drive away if it's not instant.

We need to lobby for background checks to run through the national system and not go through state police.

Shouldn't cause any issues. I was doing a sale last month and we met at the FFL. He started the bgc after looking at it and agreeing on my price. He ended up 1900 back or so. He paid me, I gave him a basic bill of sale and went on my way. FFL said he'd hold the firearm and call when in came back approved.

Found out later it was 6 days until he was cleared, but no need for it to impact me. Unless I'm missing something?

I just stopped by my gun shop to see how my background check was progressing from last Friday 8/14. When it was initiated at 3:18 PM I believe I was number 2400 in the queue. Almost exactly 5 days later to the minute I am now 293 in the queue. That means that the maximum number of firearms that can be legally transferred in the state of Oregon based on the Oregon State Police ability while acting as middle man for the instant federal check is about 420 firearms per day.

I just stopped by my gun shop to see how my background check was progressing from last Friday 8/14. When it was initiated at 3:18 PM I believe I was number 2400 in the queue. Almost exactly 5 days later to the minute I am now 293 in the queue. That means that the maximum number of firearms that can be legally transferred in the state of Oregon based on the Oregon State Police ability while acting as middle man for the instant federal check is about 420 firearms per day.

Unknown, as no idea if folks whom get "instant" truly affect the que tally. Or not.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top