JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you got a CHL, clean record and no one else has your name.. its immediate.
over the last two months Ive purchased 3 firearms. All instant passes.
I have a total clean record. No issues. I'm still waiting. Have LE friends and they are waiting. Gov Brown took OT away for backgrounds. She is doing it on purpose. OSP doing 200 a day. It's BS. I went in on Wednesday, 3382.

May be for you.. but for me, literally any and all purchases mid-day for me have gone through recently. The cue was even high, FFL warns me I still passed instantly.

So its gotta be: Clean record, Stamp holder, CHL and no one with my exact name (with a record in the state). YMMV but Im only saying this due to the personal results.

Im not a lucky man.. no way I keep hitting perfect windows and getting a pass while others wait.. So there has to be contributing factors such as the ones Im listing. Otherwise gun-Jesus or an office clerk really really like me.

If I can find a 5906 for a decent price Ill purchase it and report the results here soon.
Candidly, I've almost bought a lower just to see if I continue to instant pass. Only had to wait in line once in my life, post phone call era

I have a total clean record. No issues. I'm still waiting. Have LE friends and they are waiting. Gov Brown took OT away for backgrounds. She is doing it on purpose. OSP doing 200 a day. It's BS. I went in on Wednesday, 3382.
WOW. So even leos are waiting on BGC's? Now I have zero clue as to contributing factors.

I can confirm I work in a gunstore(Cabelas). Not only that but it is getting worse, started getting bad about the 13th, the past few days we have been telling people that they are more than likely not leaving the store with the firearm. Then there is the whole ammo craze, yesterday we got a big shipment of ammo all the 9mm,.40 S&W, .45 acp, .357 magnum, 10mm, .223,5.56, 7.62x39and .38 special are all gone and it only took a few hours because people were waiting outside the store til we opened to buy ammo.

Before I left today the NICS que was in the 700's, even on black friday or gunshow days I've only seen it get to a maximum of 185. Which is all run through OSP, in other words this effects the whole state.(Oregon State Police)
Glad I'm all stocked up on ammo. Feel bad for those that arent.

Picked up a an AR9 lower receiver today (Fri) around 4pm. Query was at 3000+ but I got instant pass again. FFL guys says it's cuz of my unique name...

If we all have the same stats then there should be logic to this such as the listed factors.. and we should all have instant approval

Mine last week was an instant winner, on a Sunday morning. Other ones I've bought in the last couple of months were waiters, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as to what the determining factor is. Seems pretty random.

Expecting logic from a government agency is just not logical.

And a bit, shall we say, rough :eek:

First time I ever went there.....The ink pad was DRY! She came out and showed me boy! That musta' been about the time she started doing that. The pad really was dry! I'd done these before and never experienced a dry one.

I online ordered one last Tuesday from NW Armory. It shipped from Scottsdale store to the Tigard store. I received a call this morning at 10:15 that it was in, went to the store and got in line at 10:40 {#9 in line}. Got into the store at about 11:30 and did the paper work BGC and was out the door with my item before 12:30. Instant approval. Steve told me it was VERY uncommon for instant approval. I was very shocked at getting this done in one hour after reading all the horror stories about delays in BGC paper work. I too must be living a good clean life orrrr because of frequent flying.

Picked up a M1 Carbine today at Tigard Pawn. Instant approval. Employee said people with CHLs were getting approved quickly the last few days. Guy in front of me was an instant approval as well.

Picked up a M1 Carbine today at Tigard Pawn. Instant approval. Employee said people with CHLs were getting approved quickly the last few days. Guy in front of me was an instant approval as well.
They don't run it based on CHL, just your DL. You CHL will come up somewhere during the check but it plays no obvious part of the process otherwise they would ask you for that up front. I think by now we all know that there is a great deal of randomness in the process. So if anyone has anything positive and certain to contribute on how to get approved quickly, let's hear your wisdom.
In the mean time, good on ya if you got through quickly, the rest of us who are "perfect candidates" are still left wondering.

They don't run it based on CHL, just your DL. You CHL will come up somewhere during the check but it plays no obvious part of the process otherwise they would ask you for that up front. I think by now we all know that there is a great deal of randomness in the process. So if anyone has anything positive and certain to contribute on how to get approved quickly, let's hear your wisdom.
In the mean time, good on ya if you got through quickly, the rest of us who are "perfect candidates" are still left wondering.

I don't know how the system works, but the employee asked me to see my CHL and entered something from it into the computer, and I got an instant. Same with the guy in front of me and same with the guy I sold a gun to on Wednesday. Just relaying my experience this morning.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top