JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregonians have taken the 20-30 min OSP background check for granted for a long time, as well as plentiful tax free ammo and a friendly 2A environment- and it shows. We conservative insurgents in Kommiefornia have to wait 10 days for firearms, can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days, and have to go through a BGC just for ammo. You guys have to wait more than an hour, or God forbid ONE DAY, and you get your panties in a wad- try waiting 10-14 days for your firearm. Suck it up, buttercup.

Geno

Oregonians have taken the 20-30 min OSP background check for granted for a long time, as well as plentiful tax free ammo and a friendly 2A environment- and it shows. We conservative insurgents in Kommiefornia have to wait 10 days for firearms, can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days, and have to go through a BGC just for ammo. You guys have to wait more than an hour, or God forbid ONE DAY, and you get your panties in a wad- try waiting 10-14 days for your firearm. Suck it up, buttercup.

Geno
We don't want to be Californacated, apparently you don't want to either or you'd have stayed there. ......

Geno

Geno: Your Cali citizens supported the Cali legislation and Oregon folks have not done similar. Times are difficult but imposing your Cali standards onto people in Oregon is one reason why Oregonians do not like Cali folks. Just something to think about. You may not know but Cali and NY people come here to Oregon and impose their standards on Oregon natives which rubs us the wrong way. If your ideas alienate Oregon people, maybe those ideas should stay in Cali. We have our way of doing things here and do not like having criticism of our ways, standards, mores, and values. That includes being critical of our customary ways of doing firearms business in Oregon.

Oregonians liked Oregon before Cali and New Yorker's came here. Since Cali and NY, along with New Jersey; folks either came here and or exported their political firearms legislation ideas into and imposed on Oregon, our once state of firearms and resident harmony has passed and Salem has been awash with firearms modeled legislation from the mouth's of Cali or New York speak legislators or puppets masters causing disharmony and conflict. If Cali or New Yorker's come to this board to ethnocentrically correct our firearms customs, or business maybe it might be an idea for them to consider for them to return to where they came from and leave the natives alone to address our own firearms business and the way we do things here.

tkdguy,
First off- I have lived in Oregon before. I am no stranger to the state, it's customs, and people. I have family and longtime friends in Oregon, so will continue to visit them, and THERE'S NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT. Secondly, I am a Christian, gun-owning conservative, so I HATE KOMMIEFORNIA LIBERALS AS MUCH AS ANY OREGONIAN. My nieces are native Oregonians, my father 's remains are in Oregon, and in a few years I will be moving back to Oregon. I make friends wherever I go, and they like me because I call it like I see it. The friends I made 25 years ago in Oregon are still my friends now, and I'll make more when I move back.

This nationwide panic that is causing a rush on firearms purchases and ammo is impacting every state- whether you like it or not, background checks are goona take alot longer than normal. IT IS WHAT IT IS, not me imposing "California standards on Oregonians". Get over it.

It's easy to spew hatred based on ignorance, but despite your theory of these Libtard Kommifornians ruining Oregon, you only have to look north to Portland to see millions of native- born Portlandians voting with the Kommiefornia transplants to impliment laws that are slowly destroying Oregon.Turn some that anger towards all liberals, and not at fleeing Conservatives. And if you really want to stop the creeping liberalism that is taking over Oregon, convince your so-called "LIBERTARIAN" buddies to stop voting Democrat.

Geno

tkdguy,
First off- I have lived in Oregon before. I am no stranger to the state, it's customs, and people. I have family and longtime friends in Oregon, so will continue to visit them, and THERE'S NOT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT. Secondly, I am a Christian, gun-owning conservative, so I HATE KOMMIEFORNIA LIBERALS AS MUCH AS ANY OREGONIAN. My nieces are native Oregonians, my father 's remains are in Oregon, and in a few years I will be moving back to Oregon. I make friends wherever I go, and they like me because I call it like I see it. The friends I made 25 years ago in Oregon are still my friends now, and I'll make more when I move back.

This nationwide panic that is causing a rush on firearms purchases and ammo is impacting every state- whether you like it or not, background checks are goona take alot longer than normal. IT IS WHAT IT IS, not me imposing "California standards on Oregonians". Get over it.

It's easy to spew hatred based on ignorance, but despite your theory of these Libtard Kommifornians ruining Oregon, you only have to look north to Portland to see millions of native- born Portlandians voting with the Kommiefornia transplants to impliment laws that are slowly destroying Oregon.Turn some that anger towards all liberals, and not at fleeing Conservatives. And if you really want to stop the creeping liberalism that is taking over Oregon, convince your so-called "LIBERTARIAN" buddies to stop voting Democrat.

Geno
That's not the way it works here. We don't lay down and take it!! I'm sorry that the people of California have voted to have there rights slowly taken away! But to say there's nothing we can do? Have you seen all the anti gun bills we've shot down? Have you heard of groups like off?

There are many causes for the antigun bills, but financial and political support and word craft for these antigun bills and voter support has been linked to Cali, NY and the like, which has irritated Oregonians. Those Portland, Corvallis, and Eugene anti-gunners that you refer to had found advocacy support from the political motivations of out of state and instate support of antigun bills. Suggesting that the current delays in BGC's is solely due to the system overwhelmed ignores the history in Oregon of consumer reports where there had been complaints with the OS system for years and political meddling as well as state activity beyond the legislative mandate. Conversely, a similar situation faces Oregonians who are due unemployment checks, but the "system" is overloaded--we are all certain there are no political motivations behind the delay in processing unemployment checks, as there are delays in BGC as well? In addition, those people who are suffering with a lack of unemployment support, should just suck it up?! As well as those waiting for a BGC? Just something to think about: Maybe it is not a good idea to simply be at the accepting of how the state works?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an informative thread regarding the wait times for background checks observed in Oregon.

As always, forum rules apply:

Please pay particular attention to 1. Be excellent to each other.

Let's not have this thread sidetracked.

Man, I have a pistol I want to sell, so I can buy a different one from a member here... seems like it could be a serious hassle, though, with the distances involved and having to make two trips for each sale/purchase. No end in sight to the long waits, either. Need to get more pro gun people in office, so we can fix these stupid laws.

Man, I have a pistol I want to sell, so I can buy a different one from a member here... seems like it could be a serious hassle, though, with the distances involved and having to make two trips for each sale/purchase. No end in sight to the long waits, either. Need to get more pro gun people in office, so we can fix these stupid laws.

I am just guessing that the dummies will vote in the same idiots that created this awful situation for Oregonians. There does not seem to be any protest from Pdx voters to rectify the downtown disturbance, nor major outcry to rectify the unemployment check delays for the citizens. Great to have progun folks in the Capitol, but critical thinking is missing from many voters.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top