JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep no rhyme or reason, I generally go to the front of the line with using my SSN, have a CCP, a class 6 FFL, long term Oregon resident at the same address for almost 20 years. Even 2 months ago the background check for two revolvers a week apart took less than an hour. Now a shotgun and .22 rifle are going to take a week.
Sorry I know you're pain

Well, my wait has started over. Stopped by to check on my status where I had bought my firearm. They said I was no longer on the wait list, not on the deny list, but they could not find my approval number. Someone printed it up, and has misplaced it. So, they started the entire process over again! They say there is no way to get an approval number after it has been printed out. Since the State now has my name tied to this serial number, I guess I need to go through this all over again. If it was not for this fact, I think I would tell them to pack it. To say I am upset is an understatement.

Well, my wait has started over. Stopped by to check on my status where I had bought my firearm. They said I was no longer on the wait list, not on the deny list, but they could not find my approval number. Someone printed it up, and has misplaced it. So, they started the entire process over again! They say there is no way to get an approval number after it has been printed out. Since the State now has my name tied to this serial number, I guess I need to go through this all over again. If it was not for this fact, I think I would tell them to pack it. To say I am upset is an understatement.
Man I would be furious!!! Screw that you've been approved you should have that item now or be justly compensated!!!:mad::mad::mad: I'm mad about it and it's not even my gun

Anyone thing going to a pawn shop for a transfer vs going to an actual gun shop would make a difference?

From my experience, I wouldn't say this makes the difference. Weeks ago when I made a purchase from another member here, I had to do the wait when transferring at a pawn shop. I also sold something and transferred at the very same pawn shop and the buyer got approved instantly.

I'm thinking there is no hard pattern. For every "theory" there seem to be plenty of exceptions. For example entering a social security number didn't seem to help me, having an unusual last name (I've literally never met another person with the same one, not counting family) did nothing, having a CHL didn't make a difference, either.

At best there may be some correlation, where some variable(s) tend to help but won't necessarily work every time. I'd be interested in finding out how strong the correlation is between using a CHL as your ID as opposed to ODL... and also handgun vs long gun.

Just got home from the gun store with my new Colt Python. No delay, was out the door with the Python in about 15 minutes from the time I filled out the forms.

Bought a new rifle recently and it took a week. Made a trade yesterday and the other party was approved right away and I was 4800ish so it will be another week

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top