Wait time for Background checks in Oregon

Reactions
Just found a pistol at Sportsman’s I’ve been wanting. Did their app on the iPad, 5 second approval. Second firearm purchase this month with instant approval. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.
Do you have any military background? LE or anything that might help with that.

Wish I could figure what actually helps. I have my CHL (5 years now), have purchased several firearms and multiple recently. No legal issues..

Still not one instant approval! Ugh

A friend of mine went into Fisherman's in Tigard today. 3800 in the queue, about a week is what they told him.
Both Fisherman's and Bimart in Beaverton were picked clean of 9mm, 45acp and 45-70. Both places did have a good supply of 10mm though.

kmk1012

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It’s a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Reactions
Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It’s a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
What is the the best way to go about getting a instant approval .

Last edited:

joken

Reactions
I did, I've had a few '223 bolt rifles taken in trade over the years and never thought I had a use for one until I started thinking about messing around with some light loads and shotgun powder.

Last edited:
Reactions
I just recently moved to Oregon. On the 16th I used my interim (paper) license to make my first purchase at a LGS. I had instant approval and they all seemed surprised. I happily took my new firearm and first gun purchase home.

Then on the 21st I had two guns I ordered online show up to my FFL for a transfer. This time my physical license has shown up. I went in and waited in line at my FFL as a couple guys in front of me were doing a PPT. Once done they were told to come back in 5 days to complete the transfer, as they would need to wait for the background check to clear. Next they helped me, I inspected both my firearms and proceeded with the 4473 and thumb prints. About 5 minutes later I was again told I was instantly approved, and the guys at this shop also seemed very surprised that I was approved instantly.

I do have a unique name that no one else shares with me and have provided my SSN on the form. I don't have any military or government background.

Reactions
I provide my SS every time as well. My name is not super common but also not too unique. I wish the CHL was an automatic instant approval prerequisite every time. That’d be nice.. I mean they do get you and take prints and all that when you get your license so I don’t see why not

The Heretic

Reactions
I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?

Gonzales

Reactions
I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?
We need to fix this. I double dog dare you to buy another firearm before the end of the month! :D Then report back.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom