JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just picked up a Ruger American 300Blk today that I ordered. I was instantly approved, I can't remember any bgc taking longer than ten minutes in my lifetime. Thankfully my last name is unique and there aren't any criminals in the family, lol.

Just picked up a Ruger American 300Blk today that I ordered. I was instantly approved, I can't remember any bgc taking longer than ten minutes in my lifetime. Thankfully my last name is unique and there aren't any criminals in the family, lol.
Glad the Lord blessed me with a unique last name for this very reason.

Wow! Been a few days since I checked this thread. Figured it was getting better not worse. Are there still any guns left to buy?

Don't go to Bimart in hillsboro unless if you want 12g or 223/556.

My brother went to sportsmans the other day and said it was picked clean out on 185th.

So last Friday I bought a pistol from a member here, met at Hillsboro Pawn and did the 4473 / BGC as always. Waited less than 15 minutes and was all clear to go back to work with my "new" find. I have no idea how my BGC always gets processed so fast. Any theories?

Speaking for myself on my latest I used:

My CHL and wrote in my SSN. My name should be unique enough and isn't as common.

Other possible(s): Veteran status, former TS clearance and state DPSST (both armed/unarmed) for my profession.

Yesterday, when I bought my new rifle I intentionally left off my ssn. I do have a ccw, the bgc still went through in under a minute. I believe it's more about common names (can we even say someone has a common name without offending anyone?), than anything else.

A Cabelas salesman told me yesterday they saw over 4,000 in the que one day this week. Most folks waiting 5-7 days for a call to pick up their new firearm. Does not seem real!

Last Edited:
Went to sportsman's today to see where I was in the que....I bought the rifle last Friday. I was told I was approved the day before and OSP is working in BGC from Saturday today. I didn't even get a call:mad: Oh well I got my new rifle now

I was lucky. Gun Store in Mac had me approved in 2 minutes. Now off to shoot my new to me Sig 226!

However, 3 weeks ago I had to wait 5 days.

Pretty crappy compared to just a few years ago when we could meet in a parking lot and do the deed.
I only sold to peeps off this forum and only if they seemed decent.

Went to sportsman's today to see where I was in the que....I bought the rifle last Friday. I was told I was approved the day before and OSP is working in BGC from Saturday today. I didn't even get a call:mad: Oh well I got my new rifle now

Same thing happened to me at sportsman a couple weeks ago. I only bought my 1911 there because I had a $50 coupon because they messed up my online order for a SMG45.

Instant approval today in a lower P2P transfer at Tigard Pawn half an hour ago. No line to get in too, bonus.

CHL, Veteran ID and SSN this time. Only diff from last was my CHL had been expired.

Aside from getting the call for my lower being ready today (Well, I called in and followed up), I bought a 14.5" pin & welded Daniel Defense from Nw Armory online Thursday night 6/25 and went in to submit prints and bgc Friday 6/26... got thrown in the que and told I was roughly #3,800 and I'd be looking at about a week.

Wouldn't be surprised if the number goes up to 5k! At this point

I have seen it hit at the 3950 mark on Thursday afternoon, but I haven't seen 4000, I just checked and its around 3890 right now.

I went to my new LGS, Tick Licker in Corvallis to pick up a rifle that they ordered for me. I was number 38xx and the folks there said it would likely be at least Wednesday. A .223 that takes AR magazines should be fun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top