JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just found a pistol at Sportsman's I've been wanting. Did their app on the iPad, 5 second approval. Second firearm purchase this month with instant approval. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.
Do you have any military background? LE or anything that might help with that.

Wish I could figure what actually helps. I have my CHL (5 years now), have purchased several firearms and multiple recently. No legal issues..

Still not one instant approval! Ugh

A friend of mine went into Fisherman's in Tigard today. 3800 in the queue, about a week is what they told him.
Both Fisherman's and Bimart in Beaverton were picked clean of 9mm, 45acp and 45-70. Both places did have a good supply of 10mm though.

I did a trade on Thursday. Went through instantly. Veteran, CHL, unusual name, couple of jobs with security clearance. I really think it is the name and same address forever.

Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It's a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It's a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

What is the the best way to go about getting a instant approval .

Last Edited:
I did, I've had a few '223 bolt rifles taken in trade over the years and never thought I had a use for one until I started thinking about messing around with some light loads and shotgun powder.

Last Edited:
I just recently moved to Oregon. On the 16th I used my interim (paper) license to make my first purchase at a LGS. I had instant approval and they all seemed surprised. I happily took my new firearm and first gun purchase home.

Then on the 21st I had two guns I ordered online show up to my FFL for a transfer. This time my physical license has shown up. I went in and waited in line at my FFL as a couple guys in front of me were doing a PPT. Once done they were told to come back in 5 days to complete the transfer, as they would need to wait for the background check to clear. Next they helped me, I inspected both my firearms and proceeded with the 4473 and thumb prints. About 5 minutes later I was again told I was instantly approved, and the guys at this shop also seemed very surprised that I was approved instantly.

I do have a unique name that no one else shares with me and have provided my SSN on the form. I don't have any military or government background.

I provide my SS every time as well. My name is not super common but also not too unique. I wish the CHL was an automatic instant approval prerequisite every time. That'd be nice.. I mean they do get you and take prints and all that when you get your license so I don't see why not

I provide my SS every time as well. My name is not super common but also not too unique. I wish the CHL was an automatic instant approval prerequisite every time. That'd be nice.. I mean they do get you and take prints and all that when you get your license so I don't see why not
They do *vet you and take your prints

I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?

I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?

We need to fix this. I double dog dare you to buy another firearm before the end of the month! :D Then report back.

The odds are very high in your favor if you buy within a few weeks (2-3) of your last approval there should be no wait. If that does not happen odds are you are law enforcement with a protected address.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top