JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just found a pistol at Sportsman's I've been wanting. Did their app on the iPad, 5 second approval. Second firearm purchase this month with instant approval. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.
Do you have any military background? LE or anything that might help with that.

Wish I could figure what actually helps. I have my CHL (5 years now), have purchased several firearms and multiple recently. No legal issues..

Still not one instant approval! Ugh

A friend of mine went into Fisherman's in Tigard today. 3800 in the queue, about a week is what they told him.
Both Fisherman's and Bimart in Beaverton were picked clean of 9mm, 45acp and 45-70. Both places did have a good supply of 10mm though.

I did a trade on Thursday. Went through instantly. Veteran, CHL, unusual name, couple of jobs with security clearance. I really think it is the name and same address forever.

Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It's a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Did you get a Ruger American? I just got one in 300blk that takes AR mags last week. It's a pretty nice no frills gun, feels solid, and should be accurate enough for my use. I had an instant approval (as usual) but was prepared for a several day wait, lucky I guess. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

What is the the best way to go about getting a instant approval .

Last Edited:
I did, I've had a few '223 bolt rifles taken in trade over the years and never thought I had a use for one until I started thinking about messing around with some light loads and shotgun powder.

Last Edited:
I just recently moved to Oregon. On the 16th I used my interim (paper) license to make my first purchase at a LGS. I had instant approval and they all seemed surprised. I happily took my new firearm and first gun purchase home.

Then on the 21st I had two guns I ordered online show up to my FFL for a transfer. This time my physical license has shown up. I went in and waited in line at my FFL as a couple guys in front of me were doing a PPT. Once done they were told to come back in 5 days to complete the transfer, as they would need to wait for the background check to clear. Next they helped me, I inspected both my firearms and proceeded with the 4473 and thumb prints. About 5 minutes later I was again told I was instantly approved, and the guys at this shop also seemed very surprised that I was approved instantly.

I do have a unique name that no one else shares with me and have provided my SSN on the form. I don't have any military or government background.

I provide my SS every time as well. My name is not super common but also not too unique. I wish the CHL was an automatic instant approval prerequisite every time. That'd be nice.. I mean they do get you and take prints and all that when you get your license so I don't see why not

I provide my SS every time as well. My name is not super common but also not too unique. I wish the CHL was an automatic instant approval prerequisite every time. That'd be nice.. I mean they do get you and take prints and all that when you get your license so I don't see why not
They do *vet you and take your prints

I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?

I provide my SS# and my name is very unique (there are maybe 4-5 other people at most in the USA with my name and all of the others are female whereas I am male) - add in my middle name (a very unique family name) and no one else has my name - anywhere. Maybe that is why mine usually goes thru so fast? I don't know. I have not tried lately; I have not bought any firearms in maybe 6 months?

We need to fix this. I double dog dare you to buy another firearm before the end of the month! :D Then report back.

The odds are very high in your favor if you buy within a few weeks (2-3) of your last approval there should be no wait. If that does not happen odds are you are law enforcement with a protected address.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top