JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been browsing the forum for an answer to my question but have not found a post that directly answered my question so here it goes.

I am a WA resident temporarily living in OR as a student. I would like to purchase another handgun. What are my options for doing so? I have read that it is illegal for a non-resident to purchase a firearm locally. So do I go to an online site and have it transferred? So I contact a WA dealer and have it transferred to an OR dealer?

Thanks in advance for the information.

-Reokue

I have been browsing the forum for an answer to my question but have not found a post that directly answered my question so here it goes.

I am a WA resident temporarily living in OR as a student. I would like to purchase another handgun. What are my options for doing so? I have read that it is illegal for a non-resident to purchase a firearm locally. So do I go to an online site and have it transferred? So I contact a WA dealer and have it transferred to an OR dealer?

Thanks in advance for the information.

-Reokue

Ask a gun shop in Oregon. They will know or should know the answer.

not to hijack the thread.... but if the OP brought a gun down with him for his stay, and eventually ended up taking residence in Oregon... would he have to re-register the guns in that state?

How long are you in Oregon? Might be worth taking residency if your in school for a few years. Might save more on sales tax then the cost of residency....if you buy enough weapons?

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems that I was misinformed about how things worked, hence the reason for asking. It is not cost effective currently to take up residency in OR. I guess that I will have to set aside a day over the weekend to go back across the border to pick up as it is several hours away.

-Reokue

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems that I was misinformed about how things worked, hence the reason for asking. It is not cost effective currently to take up residency in OR. I guess that I will have to set aside a day over the weekend to go back across the border to pick up as it is several hours away.

-Reokue

Please note that while the above is true for a HANDGUN, it isn't true for a LONG GUN. A WA resident can purchase a LONG GUN directly from an OR FFL.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top