JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been browsing the forum for an answer to my question but have not found a post that directly answered my question so here it goes.

I am a WA resident temporarily living in OR as a student. I would like to purchase another handgun. What are my options for doing so? I have read that it is illegal for a non-resident to purchase a firearm locally. So do I go to an online site and have it transferred? So I contact a WA dealer and have it transferred to an OR dealer?

Thanks in advance for the information.

-Reokue

I have been browsing the forum for an answer to my question but have not found a post that directly answered my question so here it goes.

I am a WA resident temporarily living in OR as a student. I would like to purchase another handgun. What are my options for doing so? I have read that it is illegal for a non-resident to purchase a firearm locally. So do I go to an online site and have it transferred? So I contact a WA dealer and have it transferred to an OR dealer?

Thanks in advance for the information.

-Reokue

Ask a gun shop in Oregon. They will know or should know the answer.

not to hijack the thread.... but if the OP brought a gun down with him for his stay, and eventually ended up taking residence in Oregon... would he have to re-register the guns in that state?

How long are you in Oregon? Might be worth taking residency if your in school for a few years. Might save more on sales tax then the cost of residency....if you buy enough weapons?

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems that I was misinformed about how things worked, hence the reason for asking. It is not cost effective currently to take up residency in OR. I guess that I will have to set aside a day over the weekend to go back across the border to pick up as it is several hours away.

-Reokue

Thank you everyone for your replies. It seems that I was misinformed about how things worked, hence the reason for asking. It is not cost effective currently to take up residency in OR. I guess that I will have to set aside a day over the weekend to go back across the border to pick up as it is several hours away.

-Reokue

Please note that while the above is true for a HANDGUN, it isn't true for a LONG GUN. A WA resident can purchase a LONG GUN directly from an OR FFL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top