JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to have to do the late renewal and I see the old style CPL has a check box for "late". What's the point of that? So an official inspecting it can say "oh wow you were irresponsible and didn't renew in time"? Does the new style have these check boxes for type of renewal?

5 years! I am a state resident and they only renew mine for 2 years at a time and the lamination they use is poor at best. They don't tell me when to renew either; just fine with me, but 5 years would be great...but then they wouldn't be able to collect as much money from me! Flippers.
What? I have never heard of that here. Did you ask them why they are doing you different?

I never thought to ask them why...I will on my next renewal, this December. Maybe it was a brain misfire, but I thought sure it was 2 years and you could renew one month before or one month after; perhaps it has to do with Thurston County. I have been wrong before; O.K. once. :p Thanks for the info.

Just renewed last week, and the sheriff's office said expect 3 weeks for the new one to be delivered by mail. Glad I went in two months early to renew!

Went Monday.. They said up to 60 days to get renewal... Only 5 days left on current...
"Don't carry without valid permit"

Who has renewed lately with a real in the mail delivery time?
3 weeks or 60 days?,

For my current WA CPL, I was foolish enough to drive to Seattle,
I'm not sure why you went to Seattle. Unless they have changed the RCWs you are "required" to do the application at your local Agency. I'll have to look. I do know that was on the Books the last time I renewed.

I got my Washington license when I lived there. I now live in Oregon and got my oregon cpl. do I need to reapply for a new Washington license now that I live in Oregon?

From what I understand, you're not required to. The law says you don't have to update the address on the CPL if you move, and what I found searching says that the CPL has no distinction between resident and non-resident (unlike Oregon). That said, I think it's probably a good idea to go ahead and update the address so it matches your ODL address. Just seems like it would make life easier.

Washington State law doesn't require you to update the address on your concealed pistol license when you move. However, if you'd like to voluntarily update your address, the process is the same as when you first applied (except you won't be fingerprinted):

Source: WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Change your address - Concealed Pistol License

From what I understand, you're not required to. The law says you don't have to update the address on the CPL if you move, and what I found searching says that the CPL has no distinction between resident and non-resident (unlike Oregon). That said, I think it's probably a good idea to go ahead and update the address so it matches your ODL address. Just seems like it would make life easier.

Washington State law doesn't require you to update the address on your concealed pistol license when you move. However, if you'd like to voluntarily update your address, the process is the same as when you first applied (except you won't be fingerprinted):

Source: WA State Licensing (DOL) Official Site: Change your address - Concealed Pistol License

Thank you. I'll give the office a call during lunch today at work. I've got a lot of conflicting answers on this question and am about to vacation in Seattle.

Thank you. I'll give the office a call during lunch today at work. I've got a lot of conflicting answers on this question and am about to vacation in Seattle.

As with everything else, location is key.

I live in the city limits of a small town.

I renewed my CPL on a Thursday, picked it up Monday, signed by the CLEO.

King County, or Seattle PD will most likely have a higher work load and less political motivation to do rapid turn-arounds.

Our CPL's expire the end of February 2018. They are our first ones and originally were in our mailbox exactly seven days after we applied. They were laminated. :D I looked at DOL for WA. Look under Professions to find instructions for CPL renewal. While you can't renew online, they do provide the information and the form to print out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top