JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As many or as few as I want or think will do whatever job I have in mind for them from hunting to plinking to self-defense. Double ditto that for the ammo for each caliber as well. Nuff said.

I would agree with the video for me myself and I the 7 are the same essentials that I need and have. That said there are 3 people in my family and a number of others I would expect to take care of or help if something happened. So then I need at least 4 to 5 times that 7 so we all have them. Then I just buy what I like cuz I can and I enjoy them all.

In all seriousness, I need a lot of guns. While I may need to flee my home, leaving many behind in some sort of civil unrest or "SHTF" scenario, I know what is essential. I can't even figure out how many Ruger Standard Automatic's I need(9?12?), much less how many guns in general. Were I to decide to become Jeremiah Johnson and needed to take what I called "necessary" firearms to my ridiculously remote cabin in Alaska, I would need 3 bolt action rifles, 1 ea. in .375Ruger, .308 and .243(those would be my personal choices. Big, medium and small is my point). A 12ga. shotgun(probably pump action, maybe double barrel) with a 26 or 28" barrel. 2 ea. MAK90's(never rule out invading Russians. NEVER.). 2 ea. 10/22's. 2 ea. 77/22mag.'s. 1 ea. S&W revolver in .357mag, .44mag and .500S&W. 2 ea. Ruger KP345's. 2 ea. Ruger Standard Auto's. 2 ea. S&W K22's. Then probably 2 ea. .50BMG's. Of course, I would then need my recreational guns, but I think there is a word limit on these posts. I would also need a bunker to house 3 lifetime's worth of ammo and magazines.

Everyone's "needs" and "wants" will vary. If I needed somebody to tell me what firearms I need, chances are I wouldn't be worth a s*** behind a rifle anyway. Kip.

P.S.-If you only have 2 AR's, a 1911 and an 870, you really need to quit with the blow and get to purchasing some guns.

One AR cost me $2000+ with optics and accessories.
The other a little over $3000. MC operator about $1200. My remi is the cheapest one but I'm replacing the stock and going to Vang Comp the barrel ASAP. I'm more about quality then quantity. ;-)

Easy there andreys21. I was just having fun. Who said there was anything wrong with "cheap" guns? There is also nothing wrong with buying the best if you see fit. I have a Remington 770 rifle/scope combo in .270. I purchased that at a BiMart Black Friday sale for $270 after BC. It is almost 4 years old, has had 500 or so rounds through it and groups like a $2,500 custom rifle. Then, there is the much more sad story of a Remington Model 7 that would not group at all(even with "proffessional" help). That rifle cost 3x as much as the 770 and the 770 came with glass, factory mounted and boresighted. You don't always get what you pay for. Kip.

Lately I've been more interested in learning how to operate what I have effectively rather than in just buying more projectile launching platforms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top